• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/1/0
  • 3v3: 1547
  • RBG: 576

Posted 04 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

Hi, just wanted to see if anyone had been playing ret on beta. If so, how are we looking? are we still a 50/50 support damage class or have things changed? Also do we have more viable 2s and 3s comps now?

Any info would be great.

#2 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:38 PM

Our healing and mobility was cut. We play a lot like DKs with defensive utility. Nobody knows about what comps will be viable yet
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#3 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:41 AM

In the current state of the game ret is not viable.

The damage is very low, the mobility is very low, the survivability is very low. The only thing good about them currently is the fact that Shield of Vengeance seems to be bugged and hits for 4-5x as much as it should.

There is nothing rets bring that isn't brought better by another class, except for maybe BoP but that is not enough to save the spec.

Maybe there will be some more changes, but I doubt it, even the PvE'rs are jumping ship and the official forums are just full of ret tears.

Edited by Regent, 14 July 2016 - 04:17 AM.

#4 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:18 PM

Ret has always been the underdog, so I'd be lying if I said I was surprised to find out that we won't do well in Legion either.

I'd like to see something like Selfless Healer being implemented baseline for Ret. This time with undispellable stacks though. >_> Plus, I really think they should bring back double Freedom at least for Ret. Mobility as it is right now on Prepatch is a joke.
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#5 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:13 PM

Ret has always been the underdog, so I'd be lying if I said I was surprised to find out that we won't do well in Legion either.

I'd like to see something like Selfless Healer being implemented baseline for Ret. This time with undispellable stacks though. >_> Plus, I really think they should bring back double Freedom at least for Ret. Mobility as it is right now on Prepatch is a joke.

Ret healing is the lowest of all the hybrid classes and ret mobility is the lowest of all classes.

Currently, Wind Walker Monks have:

-more damage
-more cc
-more defensives
-more healing
-more mobility

Edited by Regent, 14 July 2016 - 08:58 PM.

#6 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:48 PM

I can only tell from live servers perspective but im gonna be upfront here: I played Ret for over 11 years. Through thick and thin, in pve and pvp and ive always found ways to make shit work. But right now? Honestly i dont even wanna make it work. Even the BC Rotation felt a lot more fun than the shit im facing right now. The class overall feels dull and not properly outdesigned. They said they wanna go back to the lore? Well then where the fuck is it? Right now i play a fuckin Warrior that does no damage with a rogue-like combopoint system that is simply put: No Fun.

This is the first time in 11 years that my first max lvl character this xpac is not gonna be a paladin. Granted. Fuck Ashbringer.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#7 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

http://www.noxxic.co...ings#BiS,real,1

Ret being the bottom of the pit once more. Amazeballs! :D

P.S. Yes, I know this is ''still pre-patch dude, wait for Legion/Artifact omg!!!111!1!!'' but the thing is this excuse is literally jumping from one stage to another! xD When the game is on Alpha, ''come on dude chill it's Alpha''. When it's Beta, ''srsly dude are you gonna judge Legion from Beta??''. Now it's the prepatch, and same excuse.

Edited by Hollowinside, 01 August 2016 - 08:31 AM.

Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#8 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:28 AM

they should rework the whole spec. Ret just feels so gimped. I had 1v1s against mages, theres no way on earth that you can win this shit. Its worse than ever, literally anything can get purged/spellstealed. I really dont know what went on in their minds when they designed this and thought it was actually a good idea.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#9 Ozar

Ozar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/./1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2055
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:03 AM

In the current state of the game ret is not viable.

The damage is very low, the mobility is very low, the survivability is very low. The only thing good about them currently is the fact that Shield of Vengeance seems to be bugged and hits for 4-5x as much as it should.

There is nothing rets bring that isn't brought better by another class, except for maybe BoP but that is not enough to save the spec.

Maybe there will be some more changes, but I doubt it, even the PvE'rs are jumping ship and the official forums are just full of ret tears.

Shutup you fake ret Kappa

#10 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:23 AM

they should rework the whole spec. Ret just feels so gimped. I had 1v1s against mages, theres no way on earth that you can win this shit. Its worse than ever, literally anything can get purged/spellstealed. I really dont know what went on in their minds when they designed this and thought it was actually a good idea.

You should have seen the expression on my face when I found out that this ''Shield of Vengeance'' 2 min cd thingie can be purged or spellstolen. Literally a jawdrop.

You'd think that Blizz would have learned from their previous mistakes and that they can't seriously be THAT incompetent, yet they always find a way to prove you wrong and never cease to amaze you.

Edited by Hollowinside, 05 August 2016 - 11:32 AM.

#11 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:34 AM

You should have seen the expression on my face when I found out that this ''Shield of Vengeance'' 2 min cd thingie can be purged or spellstolen. Literally a jawdrop.

You'd think that Blizz would have learned from their previous mistakes and that they can't seriously be THAT incompetent, yet they always find a way to prove you wrong and never cease to amaze you.

Yeah right? Things like this just dont cause a major uproar yet because most people you encounter in skirms/bgs dont know how to counter your class yet. As soon as theyll know, Ret will be rendered useless by any shaman/mage/priest. I mean literally all blessings / Hands / utility etc can just be purged and/or stolen (correct me here if im wrong). That just leaves us as a dps tool that will just be kited to hell. But honestly i would have no problem with all of this, if the ret classdesign wouldnt just be so dreary and random.
Killin' shit since 2004.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ret, legion, paladin, ret pala

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<