#1 Miramar

Miramar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/1/2/0/2

Posted 02 July 2016 - 06:20 AM

Been a while, playing as a prot warrior now. Just wondering how much you guys are going to agree/disagree/shed some light onto what I think about boomkins now.

Seems to me that boomkin specialize in punishing teams that just go ham from the start and tunnel while relying on defensives to soak, especially if the one you're training is the boomkin. I'm finding better success going completely defensive and line of sighting like I'm about to die as soon as I see Incarnation/Celestial Alignment.

Unfortunately, boomkin is like one of the few class specs I have never played, so it always has been mysterious to me and I'm not sure how to rationalize things from the boomkin POV. This could also be because I'm prot, playing double "dps," and not being able to scare the boomkins right off the bat.

Is that a pretty fair assessment? Basically: boomkins put out extreme instant damage with cooldowns that is better avoided than absorbed with cooldowns?

Thanks for your time :)

#2 Boomynator

Boomynator

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:55 PM

dale mamasita

Edited by Boomynator, 02 July 2016 - 01:58 PM.

#3 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 02 July 2016 - 02:55 PM

wait for celestial alligment, stormbolt (moonkin might trinket), press fear, leap behind pillar and wait until CA is over.

don't play a shit specc and comp if you care about rating.

#4 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:31 PM

wait for celestial alligment, stormbolt (moonkin might trinket), press fear, leap behind pillar and wait until CA is over.

are you saying boomkin is a shit spec and cant obtain rating?

#5 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

read the first sentence of his post^^

Been a while, playing as a prot warrior now. [...] This could also be because I'm prot, playing double "dps," and not being able to scare the boomkins right off the bat.

I got you

Edited by Siuox, 02 July 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#6 Arukeks

Arukeks
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/0/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 671
  • 3v3: 2632
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 02 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

I don't get the topic's name.

#7 Miramar

Miramar
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/1/2/0/2

Posted 03 July 2016 - 01:09 AM

Sorry, to clarify: I find it difficult to train boomkins from start to finish relying only on defensives and not having outside heals. And my conclusion is that: unlike most classes, it's better for me to just run because I can't shut down his damage before his cooldowns end.

#8 Arukeks

Arukeks
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/0/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 671
  • 3v3: 2632
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:20 AM

Sorry, to clarify: I find it difficult to train boomkins from start to finish relying only on defensives and not having outside heals. And my conclusion is that: unlike most classes, it's better for me to just run because I can't shut down his damage before his cooldowns end.

I think this a tactic you could run but basicly, prot specs are really weak atm. And Warrior in 2s is weak without a Healer. So that tactic may help you for now but I would rather Test one of the other specs with a Healer and then you will see if it is fun enough for you. I promise you. You will have less trouble with boomy

#9 Freshqtz

Freshqtz

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:26 AM

Well boomkins get instant procs when getting trained, so yes it's pretty risky training one that has all cds rolling since you're essentially feeding him even more damage.

#10 fearco

fearco
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1730
  • RBG: 1733
  • LocationHungary

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:38 AM

Well boomkins get instant procs when getting trained, so yes it's pretty risky training one that has all cds rolling since you're essentially feeding him even more damage.

If you pressure them enough they wont have enough free gcds to use their instant procs.
If you cc them(know, they cant be sheeped but still!), or do enough damage to prevent them from damaging(Turbo, LSD, RMD)during their CDs its a free win against them imo..
I wouldn't say boomie is a good anti-mongo thing... you have to think more than it looks by the first glance(eg: its not about 200k 200k 200k)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<