Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:17. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

New Healer on stage

Pally Holy Healer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Saidno

Saidno
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hellscream
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/2/1/0/2/0/2

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:49 AM

Good Morning All!
I'll make this short and simple. I've decided to try out a healer for the first time, going with a Pally. I'm simply asking for any beginners advice without it being too overwhelming.

Thank you

#2 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

play rdruid or disc instead, best advice

#3 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:54 PM

play rdruid or disc instead, best advice

Can you just not?

He wants to play Paladin, give him actual advice or leave it be.

@OP: As HPala it's all about managing your cooldowns. Your heals will be pretty bad without a cooldown which will cause you to fall behind on healing. This is pretty standard for Paladins. The cooldowns/debuffs you mainly want to keep an eye on are:

Avenging Wrath
Saved by the Light
Forbearance
Cleanse (this goes for every healer spec, really)

If you track these things, you can much more easily decide what cooldown you want to use (or save!) next.

Go for a cross-CC every time you have Hammer of Justice ready. You will play with the 30 second cooldown version (Fist of Justice) 99% of the time as far as I know, so it lines up very nicely with other CCs for popular Paladin comps, such as Psychic Scream and Deep Freeze for Shatterplay (Mage/Shadow Priest/Paladin), or Freezing Trap (melee/Hunter/Paladin).

That's the core foundation for good HPala play I'd say. Track your cooldowns and land as many stuns as you can (without endangering you or your team unnecessarily!).
Posted Image

#4 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 01 July 2016 - 02:23 PM

Can you just not?

He wants to play Paladin, give him actual advice or leave it be.

@OP: As HPala it's all about managing your cooldowns. Your heals will be pretty bad without a cooldown which will cause you to fall behind on healing. This is pretty standard for Paladins. The cooldowns/debuffs you mainly want to keep an eye on are:

Avenging Wrath
Saved by the Light
Forbearance
Cleanse (this goes for every healer spec, really)

If you track these things, you can much more easily decide what cooldown you want to use (or save!) next.

Go for a cross-CC every time you have Hammer of Justice ready. You will play with the 30 second cooldown version (Fist of Justice) 99% of the time as far as I know, so it lines up very nicely with other CCs for popular Paladin comps, such as Psychic Scream and Deep Freeze for Shatterplay (Mage/Shadow Priest/Paladin), or Freezing Trap (melee/Hunter/Paladin).

That's the core foundation for good HPala play I'd say. Track your cooldowns and land as many stuns as you can (without endangering you or your team unnecessarily!).

lighten up you fucking twat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pally Holy, Healer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users