Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:42. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Tuning

tuning pvp

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane ./0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

Ah god damn my engineering degree and years of education can't help me through this one. You win, wp.

Ought not associate the problem with me, not trying to 'win'. Blankets do what they do, they r for what they're for, not a matter of what either of us does.

But as you mentioned, y you 'give up', I would do that too. There just isn't anything bad to say about blankets if you use it as you should. The only thing that's bad is the players who can't use them, because don't know when to use and why. Players just go 'should never be used' but that's maybe similar to telling that hammers r bad. No they aren't, if you just smash your hand with them then yes they r, but if you use as you should then they aren't. So hey, might as well use only when should and be happy ever after

#42 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:21 PM

As to why is this is an issue -

Players very often suggest buffing sustained, but whenever Blizzard does buff and makes a blanket change in the process, players go omgomgomgomgplsno. So wtf can you make of that? Asked to buff sustained, then panicing to 'pls don't'. Blizzard is put in an impossible position, there's no satisfying the crying players, they just gonna cry ~no matter what.

Ofc these players then blame Holinka because he doesn't buff sustained ..............but maybe let it get buffed?! It's the players who r ~mentally disabled, not Holinka. The fact that these jerks blame him anyway is the pinnacle of being jerks. Especially if you look at the amount of blame, all the while ungrounded

Again,

For example that probably is enough reason by itself why blankets should be understood by players, to not stomp someone in the ground for no reason. But that's just one, quite significant already, but there r countless other potential benefits of understanding. Not trying to suggest I'm an angel, the idea isn't to by all means 'save Holinka', but is probably a by-product that ought to be taken into account

Edited by ProdeGaming, 20 June 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#43 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

Alright fuck it I'm going in boys. Droonx try really hard to explain this to me in normally terms, using actual spell names and not placemarkers such as (.....). What needs buffed and why. And why do you want every spell buffed? What's the point? Do you think pvp needs to be more fast paced with damage and heals?

Also before you even answer, do you understand what I mean when I said that would buff cc teams? If damage is normal now and you require ~5 seconds straight un healed damaged on a target to get a kill, buffing damage would make a target die of straight un-healed damage in 4 seconds making people pop defensive cool downs quicker, trinkets quicker, and overall making the first team to get the healers trinket a free win regardless of if you keep 'high hitting' abilities lowered. Which would force you to either make dr's a lot longer or ccs a lot shorter in order to balance out the damage coming in.

Basically what I'm saying is blankets are retarded.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#44 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1592
  • 3v3: 2582
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1729

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:54 PM

Alright fuck it I'm going in boys. Droonx try really hard to explain this to me in normally terms, using actual spell names and not placemarkers such as (.....). What needs buffed and why. And why do you want every spell buffed? What's the point? Do you think pvp needs to be more fast paced with damage and heals?

Also before you even answer, do you understand what I mean when I said that would buff cc teams? If damage is normal now and you require ~5 seconds straight un healed damaged on a target to get a kill, buffing damage would make a target die of straight un-healed damage in 4 seconds making people pop defensive cool downs quicker, trinkets quicker, and overall making the first team to get the healers trinket a free win regardless of if you keep 'high hitting' abilities lowered. Which would force you to either make dr's a lot longer or ccs a lot shorter in order to balance out the damage coming in.

Basically what I'm saying is blankets are retarded.

I got this fellow student. What our brilliant teacher has been preaching about for the last 4 threads is (or what my lower-leveled mind thinks he means) the following:

Premise: Blizzard decides to buff most spells by 20%.
CORRECT WAY
He's saying the right way to do it is have a "blanket" 20% + increase for all spells and then adjust the ones that didn't need that buff.

WRONG WAY
While the wrong way would be to buff all the spells that need the 20% buff individually, and leave the ones that don't unchanged.

He seems to think that no-one agrees with him on this.

----
After countless posts, charts and enigmas I'm pretty sure that's what he wanted to explain.

The reasoning for this brainstorm around this I'm still not sure. But I believe he thinks that, for example:

People want this overall 20% buff on damage (except some abilities)
- If blizzard does this with a 'blanket' and the changelog appears as ALL DAMAGE INCREASED BY 20% and then a few abilities like "Eviscerate - 20%"
Then people will complain and QQ because blanket.

-If blizzard does this using "the wrong way" and the changelog appears as 120 spells with + 20%
Then players won't complain. Even though it's the exact same thing.

-----------------
What he doesn't understand is that players are complaining, not because of one choice or the other. But because of the god damn idea of buffing everything by 20%. Whether blizzard uses option 1 or 2, people will complain. Because like you said Eugene, these kind of overall buffs will benefit cc teams due to burst increase.

#45 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

Your post makes me cry, probably the most reasonable player response I've seen!!!!!!!

But, having said that let me compensate with a bit being harsh, after all the good things you say, you go full retard in the last few lines. Let you find out why

PS. I don't think you're a retard, certainly the opposite, but still those last lines, duh

Edited by ProdeGaming, 20 June 2016 - 04:03 PM.

#46 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

Now that you know I understand you, go read all my previous posts. Let me compensate my understanding with a bit being harsh. I was hoping I wasn't right, because that means that this whole thing was utterly garbage and a waste of time.

Not only do you pick on something that, IS NOT AN ISSUE and no-gone gives a shit. But you turn your premise around and on-top of that you can't manage to explain your thoughts. You also have the occasional retarded simple algebra errors that makes me think you have some sort of problem. I'm tilted.

#47 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

Now that you know I understand you

If you did, wouldn't have added those 3 last lines in your previous post, understand some of it yes, but not quite

#48 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image

#49 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:26 PM

Like, those 3 last lines r completely inconsistent with what you said above. What you say above it basically is the explanation to why the last 3 lines r bs. Maybe you think it is consistent, well, think again

#50 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

In your post, you elaborate on how .......changing everything............but not......... to change everything.

Then come the last 3 lines, but if buff everyone by 20%.....what everyone?! Is the mistake that players do. Just change everything, but everything is not gonna be changed. So if you have a concern as to what happens if everything gets changed..........well........ not everything is gonna be changed...........so........hurrah! We avoided the problem you're talking about!

Why even tell what happens if everything is changed, if it's not what's gonna happen?! Is the mistake many players keep doing. Keep telling what happens if everything blabla, but just, not, everything, is, gonna, be, changed!!!!!!!

Don't mean offense, your reply is ~light years from anyone else's. I don't tell it to you because I think you're a fool or something, but in fact the ~opposite

#51 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:08 PM

I find myself reading and rereading everything Droon posts. It always takes me twice to realize everything he says is incoherent nonsense. You string convincing sentences along, but they have no substance or meaning when I read them. Stop fucking with me.

#52 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:44 PM

In your post, you elaborate on how .......changing everything............but not......... to change everything.

Then come the last 3 lines, but if buff everyone by 20%.....what everyone?! Is the mistake that players do. Just change everything, but everything is not gonna be changed. So if you have a concern as to what happens if everything gets changed..........well........ not everything is gonna be changed...........so........hurrah! We avoided the problem you're talking about!

Why even tell what happens if everything is changed, if it's not what's gonna happen?! Is the mistake many players keep doing. Keep telling what happens if everything blabla, but just, not, everything, is, gonna, be, changed!!!!!!!

Don't mean offense, your reply is ~light years from anyone else's. I don't tell it to you because I think you're a fool or something, but in fact the ~opposite

You must have a problem. How do you string this sentence together. What connections can happen between your brain to type that, I can't fathom.

Because I literally have nothing else better to do I spent hours reading that and deciphering what the fuck you could've possibly meant by that. What I got isn't pretty. But here goes.

If nothing's gonna be changed and your premise is that IN CASE a change happens that's what SHOULD happen. Then you're right. No-one has ever QQ'd or disagreed with you which makes this whole thread pointless.

I told you, everyone agrees with you and everyone is aware the correct way is more simpler for blizzard. No-one cares. No-one gives a rats ass on how they change it. Not a single person has ever QQ'd about it, one more time, it's a non-issue.

#53 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:15 PM

I didn't ask how they would do it . I'm asking why
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#54 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

If nothing's gonna be changed and your premise is that IN CASE a change happens that's what SHOULD happen. Then you're right. No-one has ever QQ'd or disagreed with you which makes this whole thread pointless.

I told you, everyone agrees with you and everyone is aware the correct way is more simpler for blizzard. No-one cares. No-one gives a rats ass on how they change it. Not a single person has ever QQ'd about it, one more time, it's a non-issue.

I think your reaction is absolutely reasonable, because if they did cry about it, it would be so damned stupid that you can't even believe it that they r. Simply can't believe that players r so fcking stupid. But np

Posted Image

This mental challenged makes sure to make it clear, in case you have that doubt, that he is in fact mentally disabled. Highly rated blanket QQ thread.

I agree with you, that crying about it is simply unthinkable stupid, astonishing. But nope, they actually r crying about that, the method. They actually r just retarded

Edited by ProdeGaming, 21 June 2016 - 01:32 AM.

#55 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

This thread need some puppies :

Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:48 AM

Healing too much -> but players cry when trying to fix because blanket -> can't fix healing -> so buff sustained dmg instead -> nope, same issue, would need blanket to buff sustained but then QQ -> cornered by QQ nowhere to go, simply impossible to fix the issues -> players sentenced WoD to death halfway in beta

release -> players surprised sustained is shit -> blame Holinka for WoD, but it wasn't possible, so now getting the blame for no reason ever since ~every day

Tell Holinka it's a non-issue if he's getting blamed for no reason for WoD. There was nothing to do in his position. Flat out checkmate by retarded QQ, nowhere to go. Absolutely unfair, cornered by stupidness, impossible to solve. As I mentioned, not trying to suggest I'm an angel, but I mean, y what players do to Holinka is the pinnacle of being jerks

Edited by ProdeGaming, 21 June 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#57 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:32 PM

Healing too much -> but players cry when trying to fix because blanket -> can't fix healing -> so buff sustained dmg instead -> nope, same issue, would need blanket to buff sustained but then QQ -> cornered by QQ nowhere to go, simply impossible to fix the issues -> players sentenced WoD to death halfway in beta

release -> players surprised sustained is shit -> blame Holinka for WoD, but it wasn't possible, so now getting the blame for no reason ever since ~every day

Tell Holinka it's a non-issue if he's getting blamed for no reason for WoD. There was nothing to do in his position. Flat out checkmate by retarded QQ, nowhere to go. Absolutely unfair, cornered by stupidness, impossible to solve. As I mentioned, not trying to suggest I'm an angel, but I mean, y what players do to Holinka is the pinnacle of being jerks

Oh you're a holinka fan. This makes more sense than this entire thread.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#58 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

my brain is full of fuck
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#59 Beargryllsx

Beargryllsx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Anetheron
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2294
  • 5v5: 2221
  • RBG: 1858

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:21 PM

It seems that you do not understand why people respond to your posts.

Almost every response is referring to your - and not Blizzards or players - inability to explain what you are meaning.
In contrast to that, very, very few responses deal with the actual topic you are trying to present.

You can not try to engange a discussion with people if you are not able to explain what you want to try to discuss.

#60 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:00 AM

Basically a forum probably isn't your best place to be. With how well you confuse people with misinformation you could probably get a job at Fox News
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tuning, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users