Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 21:42. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Tuning

tuning pvp

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:37 AM

I don't mind whether you agree or disagree, I'd like to know what you have to say on the subject, if there's something. Do share

Ok here is a question for you to answer. (Again don't know why I'm biting into this dumb pointless argument but again fuck it I'm bored)

With your little blanket buff/nerf thing how can you justify them when it comes to cc. If you buff everyone 20% that makes ccs fucking way op along with burst comps and if you were to nerf everything by 20% that buffs non cc oriented teams such as drain teams. Your whole blanket argument is seriously the dumbest shit I ever heard.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#22 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane ./0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:14 AM

Get, off, the ass, of changing everything.

Is not the point. Look at the OP, yes a blanket changes everything, but is not necessarily made to change everything. The two patch notes in the OP are the same. Do you think everything got changed by 20%?! Did not. So where is this CC whatever coming from? If they don't need to be changed by 20%, don't change them by 20% that's it, change them by something else like in the OP, 70%, or whatever you want.

Spell1 *battlefatigue
Spell2 *battlefatigue
SpellThatShouldNoTGetChangedByBlanket *battlefatigue *(1 /battlefatigue) = *1
Spell4 *battlefatigue
Spell5 *battlefatigue
SpellThatShouldGetChangedByElse *battlefatigue *(70% /battlefatigue) = *70%
Spell6 *battlefatigue
...etc
Whatever you don't want to get changed by the blanket or want to change by something else %, simply multiply the spell by *(x% /blanket), so the blanket drops out from the spell's formula.

The idea of the method is similar to, in case someone makes a suggestion let's say

'Hey, dmg should go up 20%..........here's a list of what should not........'

Easier to tell which abilities should not, because so many should. Similarly, easier to change what should not go up, because so many should. The way that's done is simply to kick everything the fck up by 20%. So now have to change those that shouldn't have gotten changed instead, and gonna be done sooner. Done sooner -> good for everyone, not a matter of PoV, unless masochist ofc or other r1 reasons

#23 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

wtf are u all talking about

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#24 Beargryllsx

Beargryllsx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Anetheron
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2294
  • 5v5: 2221
  • RBG: 1858

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:21 AM

Get, Off, The Ass!

#25 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:15 PM

droon is that crazy guy that is right all along

#26 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

Get, off, the ass, of changing everything.

Is not the point. Look at the OP, yes a blanket changes everything, but is not necessarily made to change everything. The two patch notes in the OP are the same. Do you think everything got changed by 20%?! Did not. So where is this CC whatever coming from? If they don't need to be changed by 20%, don't change them by 20% that's it, change them by something else like in the OP, 70%, or whatever you want.

Spell1 *battlefatigue
Spell2 *battlefatigue
SpellThatShouldNoTGetChangedByBlanket *battlefatigue *(1 /battlefatigue) = *1
Spell4 *battlefatigue
Spell5 *battlefatigue
SpellThatShouldGetChangedByElse *battlefatigue *(70% /battlefatigue) = *70%
Spell6 *battlefatigue
...etc
Whatever you don't want to get changed by the blanket or want to change by something else %, simply multiply the spell by *(x% /blanket), so the blanket drops out from the spell's formula.

The idea of the method is similar to, in case someone makes a suggestion let's say

'Hey, dmg should go up 20%..........here's a list of what should not........'

Easier to tell which abilities should not, because so many should. Similarly, easier to change what should not go up, because so many should. The way that's done is simply to kick everything the fck up by 20%. So now have to change those that shouldn't have gotten changed instead, and gonna be done sooner. Done sooner -> good for everyone, not a matter of PoV, unless masochist ofc or other r1 reasons

Why would I get off the ass of changing everything when all you talk about is blanket changes. what.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#27 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:00 AM

(possibly more spectacular)

'Dmg should go up 20%.................here's a list of abilities that should not..............'

Edited by ProdeGaming, 20 June 2016 - 02:03 AM.

#28 Velcaa

Velcaa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/2/2/0/1
  • 3v3: 1931

Posted 20 June 2016 - 07:25 AM

wonder how long itll take people to realize that it's not an actual discussion when he is just repeating himself using a different charting format and not making any sense at all
Posted Image

#29 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1592
  • 3v3: 2582
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1729

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

You're horribly at explaining stuff. I have a feeling your mind is a very very confusing and wandering place.

What you're discussing is obvious for everyone but no-one can even understand what you're talking about. Moreover, why is this an issue? People only complain about battle-fatigue and so called "blanket changes" because of the balance implications. They don't give a shit if they do it individually or like you said.

So please, no more threads or posts about this non-issue. Every post is another attempt at over-complicating a simple non-issue. You're not smart and you're not making anyone think you're smart. Stahp.

#30 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:01 AM

wonder how long itll take people to realize that it's not an actual discussion when he is just repeating himself using a different charting format and not making any sense at all

• Some keep telling what happens if everything is changed
• But it's not what the point is, not everything is gonna be changed
• So made the whole method of changing, to maybe better see that changing everything is simply not what happens, is not the purpose of the blanket

People only complain about battle-fatigue and so called "blanket changes" because of the balance implications. They don't give a shit if they do it individually or like you said.

What balance implications?! How can you not do it 'individually or like I said'?! Mate, blanket changing is better, for you, everyone. So if you understood it, then you wouldn't have said what you just said that simple.

Edited by ProdeGaming, 20 June 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#31 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:40 AM

You also suck at interpreting other people too. I'll re-iterate. It's a non-issue, of course blankets are better to make changes like the ones you're describing. No-one complains about that. Ever.

Your "problem-solving" is not solving anything. The QQ you're talking about is not how they do it but why they do it. People complaining about blankets are doing so because of the changes, not because of the way they did it.

One more time: no-one gives a crap how they increased spells by 20%. Individually, or blankets. People don't give a shit, the outcome is the same. People give a shit that they increased spells by 20%

So stahp.

#32 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:43 AM

Buff sustained by 20%. ......you dig?

#33 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:46 AM

I don't dig no. That sentence said absolutely nothing ;_;

#34 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

of course blankets are better to make changes like the ones you're describing. No-one complains about that. Ever.

Edited by ProdeGaming, 20 June 2016 - 10:48 AM.

#35 Saltvantes

Saltvantes
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 2502
  • RBG: 958

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:49 AM

Jaime u're dogshit

Edited by Saltvantes, 20 June 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#36 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:50 AM

He's trolling me. I'm trapped.

#37 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

He's trolling me. I'm trapped.

You r trapped, in your foolishness yes

#38 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:55 AM

Nah I'm too bored to let you get away with that. Explain your counter arguments please.
"ya dig" is not a valid answer

#39 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:58 AM

of course blankets are better to make changes like the ones you're describing. No-one complains about that. Ever.

The example suggestion mentioned has many spells that need +20%. Buff sustained by 20%-> there r many sustained spells -> many spells need +20% ->

of course blankets are better to make changes like the ones you're describing

Edited by ProdeGaming, 20 June 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#40 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

The example suggestion mentioned has many spells that need +20%. Buff sustained by 20%-> there r many sustained spells -> many spells need +20% ->

Posted Image

Ah god damn my engineering degree and years of education can't help me through this one. You win, wp.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tuning, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users