• Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 670
  • 3v3: 1736
  • 5v5: 1221
  • RBG: 1738

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:22 AM

Hi everyone!

I open this topic to ask other players how can I improve, because I would like to know more about my role in the group.
I am playing with some friends and I want to get 1800 (now I am in 1730), but I need some help. I know is a low rating, but is enough for me now, because it is my first char and I don´t have experience.

My first doubt is about my damage. Normally, I do 12-13 million, but I see other shamans doing 20 millions and I don´t know how they get these numbers.
I play with the right talents and glyphs, so if someone could help me, I would appreciate.

Second, I ask you about how can I help my group. I use hex on cd, I try to interrupt when a healer is casting, and I use my totems (the best I know)
Do I have to purge a lot?But, if I purge, my damage wouldn´t be lower?

I hope you can understand my english, it isn´t my language.
Thank you very much

#2 Hydroxide

Hydroxide
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:30 AM

Spread your flame shocks and spam fire nova. Reapply asap when a disc or sp uses mass dispel. Then proceed to do single target damage inbetween nova cds and make use of shear being a ranged interrupt. You can easily do 15+ interrupts in a game. It's key you use the tools you have.

#3 Bersihasi

Bersihasi
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1046
  • 3v3: 2301
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2421

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:46 AM

Hey!

I played my ENH alt at 2,3+ CR this season and this is my advice.

Spread buffed Flameshocks
During fights you should buff your flameshocks with unleash elements after you got 2 elemental fusion stacks. After buffing and applying the flameshock you need to spread it to the other targets. It will spread the buffed flameshock instead of just a normal one. Also try to apply flameshocks to as many targets as possible (with lava lash or manually). And ofc spam fire nova ._.

Record your gameplay
Most PCs are capable of recording without having big FPS drops. So do that and analyse those replays. You can also post them here and ppl will help you out. Its pretty easy to set up a twitch stream and we could watch VoDs to help you even more.

Watch streams
Here are some streams of enh shamans that play on high mmr. You can go and watch their VODs. They might not be consider the best enh shamans but you will learn a lot by watching them.
https://www.twitch.tv/mene_live
https://www.twitch.tv/diablous

Hex
You should not use Hex on CD. Most of the time its a waste of a GCD. In RBG everyone is getting damaged by dots so your hex will most likely be broken anyway. There are some situations were hexing is fine (f.e. you make a go on enemy flagcarries => hex a healer).

Skill can not be reflected in a trivial stat like Damage/Healing Done etc.
WoW RBG is way to complex to be broken down into one number. So if you do less dps every now and then thats fine. But it can be an indication that you do something very wrong if it happens all the time. So thats why a video of your playstyle would help greatly to tell you what you re doing wrong.

Interrupts (Quantity != Quality)
Most of the time you want to interrupt/ground Cyclones and healers. Some enh shamans might spam interrupt warlocks just to be able to say how much they interrupted in that game. Dont be that guy. Interrupt smart.

Reasons why you do less damage even though you do nothing "wrong"

Getting dispelled
Good healers will try to dispell your initial flameshock to prevent you from spreading it and doing aoe dmg.
And priests / shadows will also use mass dispell to get rid of flameshocks. If you get dispelled while your enemy enhancer can aoe without any restriction it will result in a big dps difference between you and the enemy enhancer.

DK vs. no DK
Having a DK can also boost your DPS by a lot. After a mass grip you will do a shitton of DPS just because everybody is close together and firenova relies on enemys standing together. Same goes for positioning. If your team stands close together while the enemys spreads it can result in you doing way less DPS than the enemy enh.

Winning a fight
Yes winning a fight can mean that you do less dps. If you start killing your enemy team it means that you have less and less players to aoe down. If you kill the enemy enhancer last he will still do way more dps than you just because he has more targets to aoe while you are only left with a fraction of enemys. This really shows in Kotmogu. If you are winning and holding 3 orbs (so 3 targets that take more damage) the enemy enh can spam a lot of damage.

Doing other stuff / dying
Sometimes you may be forced to help out defending towers / killing flag carries etc. This means your aoe dmg will drop by quite a bit. And thats fine because you would rather want to win than to have more damage than the enemy enh. And its more important to play for objectives sometimes than to win a teamfight.
If you die you also stop doing dps.

Single vs. aoe dps
Depending what setup you play you sometimes will prefer to do single target than to spam aoe. If your team switches a lot and has a fair amount of burst you will most likely want to single target dps with them to kill targets. That way you do less dps but you still win fights.

Conclusion
Overall there might be a lot of reasons why you do less dmg and we cant help you a lot without seeing your gameplay.
Skill is not something you are born with. The more you play the better you get. Thats why you will face enh shamans that play their class for several years and they will most likely outskill you everytime. So dont let yourself down and try to improve and work on your weaknesses.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<