• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

nah bethesda can fuck off. fucking sellouts

they bought fallout and turned it into shit until a later divine intervention from the original authors (i guess that's saved tho so i can forgive)

they turned their own baby franchise (the elder scrolls) into some fucking everquest/wow-like wannabe and are going to follow it up with hearthstone

and now they got their hands on quake and are going to turn it into soem fucking tf/ow-type game

its like their business plan is just "see that trending thing? we have to put it into our franchise no matter what" (could also just be "copy blizzard"). it kinda makes me wonder if the designers/devs for elder scrolls even ever WANTED to make an mmorpg or a card game, or they're just forced to cuz its more money.

shit doesn't even fit. quake with classes and abilities instead of weapons isn't quake anymore. they're not just screwing with some core concepts here or anything, it's way worse: they're taking another game/genre concept and just straight up sticking it in (cuz its trendy right now) and removing everything that makes quake, quake.

it's not even gonna be a bad sequel, it's gonna be a whole different level of shit. i guess quake 4 already took the bad sequel spot so they had to come up with something groundbreakingly awful
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#3 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

on the upside, my expectations are so low i literally physically can not be disappointed by this

let's see where it goes.

#4 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

Cinematic trailers don't hype me up for shit anymore. I mean look at overwatches cinematic trailer compared to the actual game. Utter shit. Amirite
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#5 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

nah bethesda can fuck off. fucking sellouts

they bought fallout and turned it into shit until a later divine intervention from the original authors (i guess that's saved tho so i can forgive)

they turned their own baby franchise (the elder scrolls) into some fucking everquest/wow-like wannabe and are going to follow it up with hearthstone

and now they got their hands on quake and are going to turn it into soem fucking tf/ow-type game

its like their business plan is just "see that trending thing? we have to put it into our franchise no matter what" (could also just be "copy blizzard"). it kinda makes me wonder if the designers/devs for elder scrolls even ever WANTED to make an mmorpg or a card game, or they're just forced to cuz its more money.

shit doesn't even fit. quake with classes and abilities instead of weapons isn't quake anymore. they're not just screwing with some core concepts here or anything, it's way worse: they're taking another game/genre concept and just straight up sticking it in (cuz its trendy right now) and removing everything that makes quake, quake.

it's not even gonna be a bad sequel, it's gonna be a whole different level of shit. i guess quake 4 already took the bad sequel spot so they had to come up with something groundbreakingly awful

Exactly what I was thinking.

I played Quake for 14 years every day (1996 - 2010) and I passed from euphoria to sadness in a heartbeat when somebody linked me the trailer of the new Quake (euphoria from discovering that a new Quake it's gonna come out and sadness when I discovered it's a gonna be a fucking Overwatch).

#6 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:23 AM

Exactly what I was thinking.

I played Quake for 14 years every day (1996 - 2010) and I passed from euphoria to sadness in a heartbeat when somebody linked me the trailer of the new Quake (euphoria from discovering that a new Quake it's gonna come out and sadness when I discovered it's a gonna be a fucking Overwatch).

dude i still play it

since 99

i guess you're around since quakeworld?

i play cpma in q3

#7 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

the way the weapons feel and the maps are literally the whole point

its just not quake if it doesn't have all the weapons (available to everyone)

#8 Spyrö

Spyrö
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/0/0/0
  • LocationSpain

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

dude i still play it

since 99

i guess you're around since quakeworld?

i play cpma in q3

I started on NetQuake days (Vanilla Quake 1) with my Pentium 100 MHz, using 1-on-1 phone calls with a 33.6 Kbps modem, to play co-op and 1v1, and on LAN using COAXIAL cable network cards and IPX protocol.

the way the weapons feel and the maps are literally the whole point

its just not quake if it doesn't have all the weapons (available to everyone)

I still have some hope for that "hero abilities" to be just like WoW racials, and then everything else being pure Quake (equal to everybody), but I don't expect that hope to become real tbh, because if so we could have a REAL next Quake by just disabling the "racials" on the servers, but that sounds too good to be true, lol.

#9 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/.

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:53 PM

tbh the only interesting thing about E3 for me was a little bit of new footage for Civ 6

#10 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2103
  • 3v3: 1860
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:06 PM

tbh the only interesting thing about E3 for me was a little bit of new footage for Civ 6

ye idk , people like you, sometimes I wonder if youve played any good games at all when civ is the best game you can look foward to. Have a friend just like it, litterally hasnt played anything but WOW his whole life

#11 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:09 AM

civ is really fun if you "get it" though

it's just very hard/long to get to that point

the other problem is that multiplayer games can go on for like 4 hours+

and like a minimum of 1

#12 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:37 PM

The God of war trailer suprised me, it seems to have deep story-telling like the last of us, that's kinda strange for a beat'em all game :wub:

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#13 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:00 PM

ye idk , people like you, sometimes I wonder if youve played any good games at all when civ is the best game you can look foward to. Have a friend just like it, litterally hasnt played anything but WOW his whole life

you don't really know anything about the games i've played so that's a pretty unsubstantiated statement would u not say?

tbh i have immaculate taste in games, maybe you're just a foo kin casual incapable of immersion? :~)

civ is really fun if you "get it" though

it's just very hard/long to get to that point

the other problem is that multiplayer games can go on for like 4 hours+

and like a minimum of 1

this is definitely true however, multi Civ V was shit. no support for community or modders, horrible performance..

4 hours is actually being generous, when you are playing at pro level (pretty much all pro level games are w/ the no quitters group or duels) games take between 3 n 5 hours normally, ofc some end early. duels or teamers are p fast tho.

personally for MP i prefer faster paced RTS like aoe2, aom or beat-em-up like SSF2 :)

I did get into tower defense through friends playing League, which I played for a while, then when the friends left and all that remained was a really shitty game and a super toxic community I quit and started Dota2, which is a superior game, but there was 0 incentive to play since I didn't know anyone & wasn't in the scene.

#14 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:34 PM

Civ 6
only thing that looked interesting at E3
Litterally all my what, when this was a really good E3 aswell.

Just gonna take it you think you have an immaculate taste in games with a statement like that, and assume you are having a hipster moment.

civ 6 only interesting thing about E3.. jesus christ.

Im litterally triggerd

#15 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:57 PM

there's nothing "hipster" about Civ, it's a glorified boardgame for forty year old men and history nerds

coming from someone who thinks quake champions of all things is gonna be HOT SHIT your comment means fucking nothing

maybe once you stop being a child you'd realize flashy graphics and hollywood-action-movie trailer bullshit doesn't make a good game :)

#16 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:05 PM

Mostly posted quake cause Thaya is a quake player but k.

And Ofc its not hipster to like Civ, thats not what im saying, its Hipster to say Civ was litterally the only good showing at E3.

Thats whats being hipster.

For a person whos played "tons of games" and not remotely interested to see the turn out of anything from

Battlefield 1
God Of War
The Last Guardian (it getting a release date after like 3 years of showing)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Death Stranding (Kojimas game, the man behind possibly one of the best games series of our generation)
For Honor (showing more gameplay , also very highly anticipated game)
Legend Of Zelda : Breath Of wilds
Days Gone (Possibly the next big zombie RPG game since the last of us)

Idk if my point is clear yet. Civ 6, ye sure prob a great game, but the way I see it, you either didnt watch all of E3 at all, and missed a few major games or you are just boring imo.

In the end its my opinion, guess I can say I expected perhaps more hype around other major releases and thats what triggerd me.

Either way Im suprised someone could say , civ 6 was the only interesting thing to come out of E3 . Hope that clears things up.

But ye go ahead and call me a child that wants flashy trailers, guess I triggerd you when i called you a hipster, so fair play.

#17 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:09 PM

i didn't even watch E3

#18 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:09 PM

that's about how much i care about anything there

#19 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:10 PM

i think whats "interesting about E3" is largely down to individual tastes and interests

hope this helps

#20 YVNG_CARL_YVNG

YVNG_CARL_YVNG
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Die ewige Wacht
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:29 PM

why you so obsessed with the word trigger my nigger? what's goin on there?

if u really want to know why i'm not excited about those games u listed i will gladly tell you, you coulda just asked

battlefield 1-

this game sucks motherfucking dick. a fucking ww1 game without FRANCE and RUSSIA? this is not a game, it's a sick and twisted fucking joke. i'm not a frog nor a notorious squatter, but not having these arguably BIGGEST CONTRIBUTORS in a WW1 game is heresy. yeah maybe its cool from a gameplay POV, who gives a fucking shit.

fucking burgers man, no wonder there are so many high schoolers completely ignorant about world history.

god of war - probably real nice if ur into hack&slay like glongon already said. I definitely enjoyed the first GOW, but i played the second and it was well.. pretty derivative in my opinion. i'm not into the genre and not a console player either so won't be paying attention

the last guardian - this game looks really fucking sick and it's from the makers of shadow of colossus but of course it's for PS4 so I can't play it

horizon zero dawn - I have heard of this and it looks similiar (from a gameplay POV) to one of my favorite games - Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. once again lookin to be console exclusive so no chance I will buy it, will probably end up playing it w/ frens

death stranding - has big potential, but we honestly know very little about the game rn. also lookin to be PS4 exclusive.

for honor - looks like some boring historical revisionism bullshit fighting game from what we've seen so far, no thanks

legend of zelda - couldn't care less for it. I realize the zelda series is one of the most respected and revered gaming series of them all, but you can only rehash a game that often..

days gone - i don't see any reason why this would trump the already really good and really extensive selection of zombie games we already have, there seems to be nothing revolutionary about it

as you can see i don't just dismiss all new games because they're new, I just won't be spending 400 bucks on a console to play vidya when I could be travelling to northern africa for a week or save up more money to visit rural regions of south korea or spend more time with my friends @ home

I will prolly end up playing only TLG and HZD out of all the games listed, but I won't buy them. If they're out for PC then I'll pirate them. I'll probably buy Civ VI for MP, but I'm pretty sure vanilla is gonna be shit and it'll take until the 1st expansion to become a decent game, much like Civ V needed two expansions to become a good game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<