• Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/2/2/0/1
  • 3v3: 1536
  • 5v5: 1294

Posted 02 June 2016 - 03:04 AM

Hello,

I'm going to first preface this post by saying I have always played PvP very casually. The highest rating I have ever attained was around 1900 with random partners, and no communication back in MoP. I played WoD for a week at release, and I have been playing it extremely casually for a couple months now. Most recently, I have been playing Wrath AT (Warmane), and found that to be vastly more fun compared to WoW in its current state. Obviously, Wrath, and WoD, are two different games and I am wondering If by playing AT over WoD, will the skills gained transfer over. Skills such as, game awareness, positioning, etc.. Ultimately, I am trying to avoid WoD while still learning about arena for a possible rating push in Legion. Thank you in advance for your input.

TLDR: Trying to avoid WoD, but still learn arena for Legion release. Will Wrath AT help me be prepared for arena in Legion? Thanks

#2 Fotmogu

Fotmogu
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 1600
  • 5v5: 575
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

Well, I played mostly in private servers and found AT, and after a massive AT 2s went to retail for a while. As You, have playing pvp casually.
My opinion, that all states of the retail WoW can be improved while u play some AT. I tried that arena in wrath and facing against skilled players can massively improve my gameplay. If stuck with something, I switch to AT wrath to boost my positioning/cc/interrupt etc.

#3 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

skills that transfer are ur general awarness/game sense/keybinds.

u dont really get better at wod by playing AT in meta sense only mechanically.

#4 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:42 PM

if you use all your globals and get wow mechanics it will help. from a strategy perspective it will hinder you, as wod gameplay is very counter intuitive to anyone that plays wrath as the playstyle that wins games in wrath will make you lose in wod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<