Outside of the US, the Warcraft Movie is performing really well. It has one of the biggest openings this year in Russia and Germany. In the US however it only had an opening projection of $25 Million, comparatively bad for its $160 Million budget.
- Deadline is reporting that in 19 of the 20 markets it opened in, it was the #1 movie.
- In Germany, the movie had the biggest opening of the year so far, with 45% market share.
- In Russia, the movie had the second biggest opening, with 65% market share.
- Variety is reporting that the Russian opening was only behind Deadpool this year, with the seventh biggest opening day of all time in Russia.
- In China, ticket pre-sales for the release night are already the sixth highest ranking movie of all time.
- Unfortunately the news isn't as great in the US, with an opening projection of only $25 million.