Arcturas
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

warrior is probably the most tunnel vision friendly class

Most ignorant quote I've heard all week. You might be right in 3's, but ask any warrior that does a lot of 2v2 and 5v5, and ask them if they ever target swap.

And what everyone else is forgetting is that warriors are really easily peeled and have to target swap all the time. And need to target swap to peel for their healers.

Hot shit in a wine glass, I think warrior is probably the class that tunnel visions the least in the 2v2 bracket.

With all that said, yes, melee have to tunnel vision the most. Because unlike, for example, a mage, we can't do dps to one guy 30 feet ahead, and turn around and do dps to anther guy 30 feet in the opposite direction.

Edited by Arcturas, 18 August 2008 - 09:05 PM.

#22 Teddymonster

Teddymonster

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

I would say warlock. It isn't really tunnel vision friendly but overall it is easy which is what you're looking for I think.

I don't find it "easy" to have to keep curses/dots/cc on every target youre up against 100% of time in every bracket switching targets every 5 seconds while having a rogue or warrior on you 90% of time, with 0 armor, no escape, while you counterspell/tongues focus, devour yourself, devour your teammates, and manage your underscaled pet in general. idk, it could just be me though... :rolleyes:
no deal

#23 Zione

Zione
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 960

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

Gotta love the warriors trying to defend their class. Yes, playing a warrior to it's full potential might be "hard", but that doesn't change the fact that if you are a tunnel vision noob, you will do best with a warrior.

#24 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

Gotta love the warriors trying to defend their class. Yes, playing a warrior to it's full potential might be "hard", but that doesn't change the fact that if you are a tunnel vision noob, you will do best with a warrior.

If doing the "best" means hitting 1700 as opposed to 1600, I still don't really think it's a valid point.

That being said, I think warriors are a retarded class and I hope they get nerfed into the ground. Doesn't change the fact that tunnel visioning is very detrimental.

#25 Earrl

Earrl
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:13 AM

Warrior is not a tunnel vision class. Just because they can only be on one target at a time, using your abilities at the right time is so crucial to the success of a warrior.

If you can intervene and spell reflect properly, that is +350 to your rating AT LEAST. You can prevent CC just by throwing a passing Piercing Howl past a baddie running at your partner giving him/her an extra second. Heck, throwing a hamstring would be even more pro I guess. Intervene is so Crucial. Prevents your healer from being CC'd in a lot of cases. I have seen Warriors intervene Blinds from Rogues and those are the things that make me tip my cap.

Warriors are not the most skill-less class in the game, because the difference between a good one and a great one is monumental. A great one doesn't get gibbed, a great one doesn't let his partner get destroyed, a great one knows how to use rage properly, and save it for the most crucial moments.

Like I said, no class is a tunnel vision class. You won't even make it to 1700 as a warrior with Tunnel Vision. I can assure you of this.
Diamonds are forever...

#26 Sharor

Sharor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:36 AM

Most ignorant quote I've heard all week. You might be right in 3's, but ask any warrior that does a lot of 2v2 and 5v5, and ask them if they ever target swap.

And what everyone else is forgetting is that warriors are really easily peeled and have to target swap all the time. And need to target swap to peel for their healers.

Hot shit in a wine glass, I think warrior is probably the class that tunnel visions the least in the 2v2 bracket.

With all that said, yes, melee have to tunnel vision the most. Because unlike, for example, a mage, we can't do dps to one guy 30 feet ahead, and turn around and do dps to anther guy 30 feet in the opposite direction.

No, the ignorant part is that you're talking to a 1400 rated mage who wants a class that allows him most tunnel vision.

And that is warrior, wether you think so or not, the 1500 bracket doesn't require a ton of switching. I'm obviously not talking 2k+, heck not even 1700+.

#27 Convection

Convection
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 19 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

Enhance shamans are the only class that succeeds by tunnel visioning. The skill cap is at about 1800...

Although it is really hard to get higher ratings than that unless you're on a cleave or rogue/druid/enh shaman.

#28 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:03 AM

#29 Faile

Faile
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:32 AM

Bleh, it's not like we're saying Warriors don't take skill or that they're tunnel visioning noobs. But what people have to realize is that with an easy setup, decent gear, all your keys bound and a moderate idea of what you're doing, you can tunnel vision with half-decent success at ~1800-2k(late season, anyways).

Warrior and Rogue would definitely be the easiest to do this with, atm at least. Running Rogue/Druid or Warrior/Druid.

That said, you'll never be successful in arena if you don't work on tunnel-visioning and if you're just gonna try to cheese your way out of it you might as well do something else with your time.

i say bring it on blizzard, is that all you've got

#30 Lumilol

Lumilol
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:34 AM

Warrior/Rogue is best tunnel vision class imo.
Especially rogue if you got sunwell level pve gear and glaives.

#31 Maels

Maels
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Dethecus
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:42 AM

Rogue is the most tunnel vision, all you have to do is blind a diff target every couple of minutes.

You can get 2200 sticking to one target till it dies for a whole game as a rogue/druid.

Warriors don't have as many get out of shit free cards so they switch a little more, but yeah you can tunnel vision your way pretty high up as a warrior too.

#32 Stepyou

Stepyou

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

Holy crap, it looks like a lot of people didn't even bother to read the original post at all. Like I said before I love this mage and I'm NOT quitting it. I'm spending a lot of time working on learning this class more and working on getting rid of my tunnel vision problem. What I asked was what class would work better with the condition so I have some a little easier to play at night when I'm tired from my daily hours of practice on this mage. I don't intend to not work on the tunnel vision problem, I never asked for a class to carry me to 1800+ with tunnel vision. People need to read more than just the topic line and assuming the know the rest of the post. Thank you to the people who actually read the post and tried to help me. I know I can't get far with tunnel vision which is why I spend a lot of time working on it.

And my mage isn't rated 1300 as this site says, I just joined that team since it's a friend and I didn't play on it to get that low with them, they did that on their own. I'm normally around 1550 with my mage and this problem. I do intend to get higher once I gain more skill with this mage and improve on the tunnel vision. I also don't believe that theres a class thats GREAT with tunnel vision, some are just a little easier and more enjoyable to play with it than a mage would be.

#33 Minion

Minion
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

But anyway, Warrior is probably the closest thing to a tunnel vision class you'll find. Minimal if any CC, swing away and kill things with RNG and OP Melee DPS.

ROFL Yeah keep telling yourself that.

Anyone who actually used logic to draw a conclusion would realize that if anything rogue is the most tunnel vision class because they can almost completely lock down any player while being incredibly difficult to peel. Add that to the fact that they can't instantly put MS up on a new target means switching is not only almost entirely unnecessary in most cases but often also very detrimental.

Warriors have a very low skill cap, poor players can do relatively well with them by simply facerolling and winning through sheer RNG, but they cannot tunnel vision. You tunnel vision a target as a warrior and you will lose against every team with a druid, in any comp, in any bracket.

#34 Ikagu

Ikagu
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Suramar
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

Warrior.

#35 Faile

Faile
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

Holy crap, it looks like a lot of people didn't even bother to read the original post at all. Like I said before I love this mage and I'm NOT quitting it. I'm spending a lot of time working on learning this class more and working on getting rid of my tunnel vision problem. What I asked was what class would work better with the condition so I have some a little easier to play at night when I'm tired from my daily hours of practice on this mage. I don't intend to not work on the tunnel vision problem, I never asked for a class to carry me to 1800+ with tunnel vision. People need to read more than just the topic line and assuming the know the rest of the post. Thank you to the people who actually read the post and tried to help me. I know I can't get far with tunnel vision which is why I spend a lot of time working on it.

And my mage isn't rated 1300 as this site says, I just joined that team since it's a friend and I didn't play on it to get that low with them, they did that on their own. I'm normally around 1550 with my mage and this problem. I do intend to get higher once I gain more skill with this mage and improve on the tunnel vision. I also don't believe that theres a class thats GREAT with tunnel vision, some are just a little easier and more enjoyable to play with it than a mage would be.

Their point: If you can become a great player at some class it will be easy for you to become a great player at other classes and make them more enjoyable, while you'll just be the same scrub at other classes and not do much better even with a more "simple" class.
Whilst working on your tunnel visioning would be prolonged by your new class.

i say bring it on blizzard, is that all you've got

#36 Brazetina

Brazetina
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

I don't find it "easy" to have to keep curses/dots/cc on every target youre up against 100% of time in every bracket switching targets every 5 seconds while having a rogue or warrior on you 90% of time, with 0 armor, no escape, while you counterspell/tongues focus, devour yourself, devour your teammates, and manage your underscaled pet in general. idk, it could just be me though... :rolleyes:

lolwut? maybe for melee, but it's impossible to kill as a caster, stop whining about pets "in general"

#37 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

lolwut? maybe for melee, but it's impossible to kill as a caster, stop whining about pets "in general"

I've two-shot a Felhunter many times on my Mage.

#38 Deccard

Deccard
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Die Silberne Hand
  • Blutdurst

Posted 19 August 2008 - 07:46 PM

Every melee class/spec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<