Photo

Best tunnel vision class?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Stepyou

Stepyou

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:46 AM

So I've been trying to do arena for a long time now and I know my problem is that I suffer from an extreme case of tunnel vision and just picking the wrong targets. I love this mage and I don't intend to quit it, its very fun but I also want to work on another toon to work on when I'm bored. So I guess I'm asking, what classes would work best for people with tunnel vision? I know this isn't a fix and I need to work on the tunnel vision but still..I want something that may not suck as much with it. Thanks.

#2 Earrl

Earrl
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Black Dragonflight
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:57 AM

Tunnel Vison won't get you too far in the Arena. No class is a tunnel vision = success kind of class unfortunately. Every class has a little niche that it has, and what separates the good players from the great players is their ability to micromanage every little detail including HP, CC, and arena positioning all at the same time of using their CD's at the right time.

If you want to tunnel vision, I think you might have the right class selected honestly. Only thing is you may need to join the PvE ranks. Just my two cents ;-).
Diamonds are forever...

#3 killtank

killtank
  • Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:29 AM

a mage is one of the hardest classes to play in arena period...

rogue
war
druid
lock

will all be an easier class to play in every bracket, some others may aswell but those 4 are obvious choices.

but yea u needa shake the tunnel vision, zoom out a aways watch what goes on, keep an eye on everything call important shit out etc etc.
- retired - :warrior: Steelbath

#4 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

Don't reroll, just get past your tunnel vision. You won't succeed in high-end arena playing any class if you tunnel vision.

#5 penix

penix
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Jaedenar
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:05 AM

warrior sounds like your cup of tea.

#6 Dynimight

Dynimight
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Firetree
  • Reckoning
  • Talents:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

Target swapping on a warrior is pretty damn important to success.

As stated above, no class will find great success in pvp by just tunnel visioning.

#7 Zione

Zione
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 960

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

rogue
war
druid
lock

wat?

#8 bk

bk
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

you will get highest on a melee......however dont expect to hit 2050 or higher just tunnel visioning.

t-ving is all about which makeups you play, and in some makeups all rogues gotta do is tunnel one target and blind another and thats it

#9 Hirim

Hirim
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Doomhammer
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

You will fail at arena in general if you simply tunnel vision as any class (even warriors and rogues). You have to be situationally aware of your surroundings and other targets other than the one you have currently selected.

Your best bet is to work on that to improve yourself rather than trying to pick a class which "tunnel visions best". If you can't do this, you're better off sticking to PvE.

But generally, any Cleave or Melee based team (double melee 3s, or triple melee 5s) tends to have the most tunnel visioning strats out of every team comp I've seen (but the top ones definitely can't afford to do this).

#10 Boomshak

Boomshak
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Un'Goro
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:32 PM

rogue rogue rogue.... rogue. heeeeemoooooooo hemmmmmmmmmoooooo

#11 Belarin

Belarin
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:41 PM

Ya, with the right kind of gear you can get top rating as rogue with mediocre playing and a severe case of tunnel vision. Every other class, however, needs a decent level of court vision for switching/awareness.

Especially mage.

#12 tenderizor

tenderizor
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Daggerspine
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Fury

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:58 PM

hard to even take this question seriously...seems more like a case of serious trolling.

You would think though tunnel visioned with any hint of skill with any class would have brought him out of the 1500's...

#13 Grazzk

Grazzk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:31 PM

a mage is one of the hardest classes to play in arena period...

rogue
war
druid
lock

will all be an easier class to play in every bracket, some others may aswell but those 4 are obvious choices.

but yea u needa shake the tunnel vision, zoom out a aways watch what goes on, keep an eye on everything call important shit out etc etc.

Ummmmmm?

But anyway, Warrior is probably the closest thing to a tunnel vision class you'll find. Minimal if any CC, swing away and kill things with RNG and OP Melee DPS.

#14 brod

brod
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

I would say warlock. It isn't really tunnel vision friendly but overall it is easy which is what you're looking for I think.

#15 Neokrebs

Neokrebs
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

a melee class

#16 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:35 PM

I don't understand why people say warrior. Being able to peel off your healer, keep as many targets hamstrung as possible, quick swaps, disarms, reflects, intervenes is something you need to do to go anywhere.

Edited by Kadrix, 18 August 2008 - 08:38 PM.

#17 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Sure, if you really enjoy the 1700s bracket.

Tunnel visioning puts you at a disadvantage as any class. Just play more arena so that this becomes less of an issue, don't switch classes to cater to it.

#18 Prov

Prov
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

I don't understand why people say warrior. Being able to peel off your healer, keep as many targets hamstrung as possible, quick swaps, disarms, reflects, intervenes is something you need to do to go anywhere.

Because people like to focus on how so much of why warriors excel has nothing to do with their players competency (which is admittedly true), but apparently fail to consider that their blanket statement doesn't necessarily apply in regards to this situation.

#19 Epiphany

Epiphany
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Stormscale
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

"Sure, if you really enjoy the 1700s bracket."

Considering he is currently in the 1300s I am sure he would be quite happy with 1700s.

#20 Sharor

Sharor
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

a melee class of sorts, warrior is probably the most tunnel vision friendly class :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<