Bias And Favoritism On Twitch

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:19 PM

Jay Kay

Edited by Nicholaes92, 05 May 2016 - 02:27 PM.

AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#22 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 05 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

This guy can't even properly do his hair let alone be good at games

#23 Slappajack

Slappajack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1643
  • 3v3: 2508
  • 5v5: 2104
  • RBG: 2476

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:22 PM

I didn't watch the video since every glinks thread evolves into some spread about how girl streamers are cancer and what not.

What you have to understand is when you become a personality, you are responsible for more than you could ever of thought.
I honestly don't understand why people would even watch gross gore in the first place - Generic british streamer with a shouty voice and a whine stream, but clearly there actually was a demand for it due to his popularity.

If you have an influence over a large majority of people. Slander is a massive issue, If for example another popular streamer threw a rape allegation with a backstory towards any kind of person who also has an influence over a community, such as a commentator. It becomes more of an issue than "Oh just grow some thicker skin" - Nothing can be erased on the internet and something such as an allegation can almost be as severe as calling out someone who actually did the crime. Imagine if you had a well reputed job in an extremely large successful company which obviously your friends, family and acquaintances know about and you opened your phone one day to see your co-workers, friends and family also accusing you of something awful due to the severity of the purposed crime.

These are examples of what allegations such as these can have on a person.

- Potential work opportunities turned down in any manager/community driven position due to the in-ability to contain a social media "outbreak". This means your employer could potentially receive negative press for hiring you.
"I don't want to support a company who hires pedo's" - Considering the audience for video games is often iron headed individuals who are hesitant to change their opinion, you can see why this would be a problem.

- Future and current relationships under strain/effecting performance.

- Emotional damage that the accused may have suffered from the ordeal can have extremely negative effects in later life.

Considering the average viewer of a gross gore stream is a meme spamming, loud and majority British crowd. Arguably the "loudest" demographic of audiences when it comes to twitch. Let's assume that only 2/10 people in his stream after hearing the allegation acted upon it what you have to understand is that those 2/10 are representing you as a personality/company or a brand.

"Gross gore said you did x"

If he has a million followers, 200,000 of them are directing hate, slander and threats due to his influence over them as a part of "HIS" community. Keep in mind that is only from TWITCH If he has old followers on twitter who don't follow his stream but are still part of the social media circle, the issue can very quickly spiral into thousands more doing the same thing under the mob mentality and anonymity the internet provides to communities such as his own.

Now referring to bias, lets evaluate the girl streamer conundrum.

You have Lea, runs a community of her own much like gross gore through multiple communication outlets such as twitter, twitch, Facebook the works. People are free to try and reason with this here but it should be incredibly clear to you all why there appears to be a "bias" as you call it, but in twitch tv's eyes you are comparing two completely different issues.

You have two streamers, both controversial for whatever reasons and have received multiple bans before as a slap on the wrist
"Hey stop doing that you fucking idiots"

You may not know this but Lea does actually have a degree in biology, let's assume streaming goes down the pan in the next year for god knows what reason and suddenly her and gross gore are both at the job center looking for work.

A quick google search of gross gore would show some old youtube clips, maybe some twitch vods and some reddit posts about him being banned on twitch and if it was just or not due to him being a little bit of a dick. Whilst allegations are incredibly serious the weight is on the "accused" rather than the "accuser" yes he looks like a bit of a dick, but the man clearly has communication skills to maintain a community for a number of years which a mistake, and a very serious one at that caused him to be terminated.

The employer then pulls up a google search of Lea since she has obviously but her name on the CV she handed in previously, he is then greeted by a barrage of twitchvods, Oddshots, twitter pictures and imgur albums about her "accidents".

Ot: I'm not fucking shitting you by the way, google legendarylea and look at the first result - Its even before her twitch or social media links if anyone finds that shit attractive shame on you

If you can't distinguish the difference between the two let me explain.

Lea, with that axe wound between her legs willingly gets drunk on the internet and then these accidents happen. No one is to blame for these mistakes apart from her self so she is in theory "Tarnishing her own brand". The only person she is screwing over in later life is her self, she can't say something along the lines of "Oh I was drunk" since the evidence is on the internet that this was an incredibly common occurrence and that she is not a very employable individual.

GrossGore on the other hand administered hate by making a comment about a well reputed and respected member of an incredibly large community without taking into account that his social media following could dictate the outcome of his allegation. No apology video can fix this since he put the thought of someone else being an incredibly evil human being into his viewers homes and they acted upon it by taking the issue directly to the accused. It doesn't matter how it started since there is an incredibly thin line between slander and a light hearted remarks between brands/personalities and companies - And if you don't know this as someone with some kind of social influence I would highly recommend you do some reading.

Whilst people may say the lea "accidents" could have effect on twitch's reputation, live streaming is a very community driven process. The platform itself is not directly responsible for streamers and obviously they want to give everyone a fair shot when it comes to bans ect. But with an issue such as slander with your platform being open to legal liabilities from the accused due to it showing no repercussions for emotional damage caused by allowing it to be broadcasted, you have to tackle the situation in a realistic way such as a permanent ban to avoid the same thing happening again in the future.

"oh a girl showed her gash on the internet" - Whats new it's 2016 aj.

It's not Bias, its two different issues. Stop comparing them.

edit: I should make videos instead of writing walls of text on aj - But fuck it maybe after the 15th. Plus actually watching now.

Glinks you don't understand the effect slander has by saying he can just youtube - You are quite arrogant in the way you perceive legal issues which involve social media. If he continues to youtube the same mistake can happen again. Putting a haul or a heavy lock on his community is the only way to supress the only potential of "future accusations".

When you say "In my opinion it should be fine, why did he get banned that's retarded as fuck. It's flawed logic".
Just refer to my previous wall of text. Its more more complicated and without any hate directed towards you as a person. It's great you want to share you opinion, but when you broadcast it. It requires a little more depth to give your statements some impact.

Edited by Slappajack, 05 May 2016 - 09:41 PM.

:)

#24 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

gross is a cuck id rather see leas meat curtains any day of the week /thread

#25 Slappajack

Slappajack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:50 PM

gross is a cuck id rather see leas meat curtains any day of the week /thread

Heard something about him paying for 2 girls to go to pax thinking it was a pussy pass and they just fucked the pro players.Posted Image

#26 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:30 PM

yeah, gross gore got banned for a comment made against krepo.... perma banned.

lea shows vag over twenty times, still not perma'd.

its because riot has a huge influence on twitch. another streamer named tyler1 can't stream until league anymore because they said they'd just perma him every time if they saw him streaming (although he is super toxic but stupid that he can potentially get banned because of a company non-related to twitch)

the more she "accidentally" flashes her stream the more sub revenue twitch gets, so of course she will never be banned.

#28 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:55 AM

Whompin explained it better but in short:

Gross was partnered with twitch. Slander/defamation of character like that over such a media not only opens up himself to being sued but also twitch as a company. Who ultimately has a responsibility to the content that goes out.
If they'd done nothing and he'd continued throwing out random accusations eventually getting himself in trouble you can be damn sure with the resulting coverage it got people would be asking why the hell twitch didn't step in and stop it.

Also the whole twitter issue, if your affiliated with a company (sponsored/work for them etc) and you go and say some stupidly hateful/racist etc shit ANYWHERE they have the right to end that relationship. It DOES reflect badly on their image if they partner with morons.

#29 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:40 AM

Nice post Jack we still on for Odeon on WoW movie release ye?

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#30 Slappajack

Slappajack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:59 AM

Nice post Jack we still on for Odeon on WoW movie release ye?

O shit fam, I completely forgot that was a thing, in the deep south now so no Odeon here.

Face time it to me, I require the full Odeon experience.

I expect to see you in your Bulgarian rogue DFA crit inspired cosplay.

Posted Image

Edited by Slappajack, 06 May 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#31 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

Whompin explained it better but in short:

Gross was partnered with twitch. Slander/defamation of character like that over such a media not only opens up himself to being sued but also twitch as a company. Who ultimately has a responsibility to the content that goes out.
If they'd done nothing and he'd continued throwing out random accusations eventually getting himself in trouble you can be damn sure with the resulting coverage it got people would be asking why the hell twitch didn't step in and stop it.

Also the whole twitter issue, if your affiliated with a company (sponsored/work for them etc) and you go and say some stupidly hateful/racist etc shit ANYWHERE they have the right to end that relationship. It DOES reflect badly on their image if they partner with morons.

But... But... Bias! And uhhh favoritism and girl steamers!

Free gross gore and Tyler1! The best wow streamers NA!

2016: where a Russian makes a lot of money squishing shit with a hydraulic press and no one bats an eye, but a girl acts like a whore on webcam (surprise surprise!) and they all lose their fucking minds.

Edited by Nicholaes92, 06 May 2016 - 01:44 PM.

AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#32 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:18 PM

But... But... Bias! And uhhh favoritism and girl steamers!

Free gross gore and Tyler1! The best wow streamers NA!

2016: where a Russian makes a lot of money squishing shit with a hydraulic press and no one bats an eye, but a girl acts like a whore on webcam (surprise surprise!) and they all lose their fucking minds.

im offended
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#33 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:49 PM

im offended

Oh, my bad. Finnish*. Excuse my American ignorance
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#34 Beer

Beer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2221
  • 3v3: 2139
  • 5v5: 2178
  • RBG: 2210

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:01 PM

but a girl acts like a whore on webcam (surprise surprise!) and they all lose their fucking minds.

I am actually offended by that... you really shouldn't colour everyone with the same brush

all I have to say about Lea is I don't care how often she thinks she has to spread her legs, however imho she should really think before she opens her mouth, it was not ok what she said about children with cancer and just because she isn't insulting or accusing a particular person, twitch should still take action against something like this...

#35 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

I am actually offended by that... you really shouldn't colour everyone with the same brush

all I have to say about Lea is I don't care how often she thinks she has to spread her legs, however imho she should really think before she opens her mouth, it was not ok what she said about children with cancer and just because she isn't insulting or accusing a particular person, twitch should still take action against something like this...

Well first, I didn't say all girls that stream act like whores, I'm saying when they DO it shouldn't be a surprise. With a few exceptions, people don't go to a girl streamer for their amazing gameplay. You can defend against that all you want, it's just the case. Look at all the top girl streamers, most of them either dress skimpy or have their webcam take up half the screen and you can barely even see the game. I just don't understand why everyone is losing their minds about a girl streamer acting like this, it's what gets them money so that's what some of them do.

And second, I don't have the exact quote from the video but isn't it something like, "we can't help the kids that already have cancer because they their biology is just too messed up to save and they are more than likely going to die"? I mean yeah that sounds fucked up especially if you are in that situation but people need to chill the fuck out. Now if she would have said, "fuck kids with cancer I hope they all die no one donate to this" then yeah I could see that being bad promoting people against kids with cancer or whatever the fuck. What are they going to punish her for for what she said though? Honestly tell me on what grounds could they find a way to punish her. For being offensive? Get some tougher skin people say offensive shit all the time. You wanna know the beauty of offending people? Nothing happens! Did I offended because you think I said all girl streamers are cam whores? Did anything actually happen to you? Are you okay? Of course you are.

But don't get me wrong I think she is a fucking idiot and anyone who actually watches that shit and donates money to her is retarded in my opinion. But still what did she ACTUALLY do that was wrong?
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#36 Beer

Beer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:27 PM

she said "children that have cancer are going to die and they are meant to die" of course she mentioned after, that something went wrong with the genetics but still saying that they will die is pretty harsh in my opinion and way worse than (almost) showing her coochie...

if she wants people to think of her as probably cheap and a drunk it's 100% her choice and problem

#37 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:38 PM

she said "children that have cancer are going to die and they are meant to die" of course she mentioned after, that something went wrong with the genetics but still saying that they will die is pretty harsh in my opinion and way worse than (almost) showing her coochie...

if she wants people to think of her as probably cheap and a drunk it's 100% her choice and problem

Well a lot of religious people say that shit all the time. All the fucking time. When my cousin died at the age of 26 EVERYONE including my own family said those exact words except with a "God has a plan" slapped behind it. And yeah I guess that offended me but I know they had a different view of the world as I did so I didn't say anything and kept it to myself. Who knows maybe she is super religious and thinks they are meant to die because of some stupid fucking plan that a wizard 2000 years ago made.

Next time you get offended about something and it isn't involving harassment or anything like that and just someone's point of view. Just keep it to yourself.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#38 Beer

Beer
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:42 PM

sorry about your cousin

#39 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

sorry about your cousin

Thank you
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#40 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:35 PM

difference imo is gross gore was actually really fkin good at league, even if you hated his personality he still provided top tier league gameplay

lea just sits there and does literally nothing. i can't stand streamers that queue random bgs just so they pass the "im playing a game" test and talk drama. just get that garbage off twitch ffs

edit: i remember the good 'ol days of 2012 in late cata, where nobody even cared about having a sub button and a donation link, they just wanted to stream some quality gameplay. good times :(

Edited by drzy, 06 May 2016 - 11:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<