Photo

Decided that my favorite emotion is something like calm

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:44 AM

Was watching Inside Out (I cried repeatedly) awhile ago and it got me into reading about emotional psychology again so that's why this is on my mind.

So... calm. Serene, peaceful,. Not sociopath style dead inside kind of calm obviously. And not overly contemplative.

Apparently this is a "happy" feeling / derivative of happy, categorically. I prefer it to what I normally think of as happiness though.

Anyway, I've decided maybe I should seek it out, albeit that sounds a bit off but sometimes fighting for peace works despite what I read in the bathroom stall at my highschool.

So I ask AJOT; what are things that help you become calm?

I was thinking about trying yoga(again) and meditation. I used to be in way better condition mentally and physically when I did yoga.

The trouble with this kind of stuff is that probably the majority of stuff related to it is useless and/or overly steeped in vague nonsense and it's very hard to take it seriously.

And the goddamn voices of people who guide you through it are usually just tangibly trying too hard to sound like gurus or whatever.

#2 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:13 AM

seek harmony
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#3 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:16 AM

also you're still thinking about yoga? what is there to think about, really?

#4 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:03 AM

also you're still thinking about yoga? what is there to think about, really?

Whether to do it or not.

This is a normal process for procrastinators like me. It has to evaluated for awhile until I either forget about it or have some moment of "I guess I'll just do it" during some particularly good day or whatever.

Sometimes the point is just to think about doing things, telling yourself you'll get there eventually whether or not you realistically intend to follow through. Like people with their new years resolutions and such. False hope better than no hope or something like that.

#5 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

it's kind of stupid but i have a few rack mounted switches and routers in another room and when i feel anxiety i like to go in there, close the door and watch their link lights flashing while listening to the fans spin

it's my stress reliever idk why
s a d b o y s

#6 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2103
  • 3v3: 1860
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:12 AM

Used to get alot of anxiety attacks if you would call them that, when it came to travelling, especially when it came to flying, and what would help me most , ( guess everyone does weird stuff anyway) I would bite down onto my left index finger and breathe through my nose solely.

Helped alot and still does but I dont have too do it as much anymore.

Bad thing about my thing is that ive fucked up the skin on my index finger in 1 area due to having my teeth there, basically a scar.

I have a friend who has had alot of panic attacks in the past and what made her calm was that she would go sit alone or atleast further away from people and count backwards from 100, and the only calmed down when she got to like 10-0, if someone interuppted her she would move to a new spot and restart. Remember one time on our way to England she locked herself in the planes toilet and flight attendances kept knocking so she would just restart and count out loud, had to explain to them. Hard times.

Im kind of interessted in how people developed all of these calm triggers, like breadstick do you remember when this first happened, what got you into that and why it made you think its your calm spot. For my own I can only recall it being my first plane ride after 9/11 when I was younger and I was so freaked out and I just basically on the edge of thinking the planes gonna crash any second, so I started biting my finger to like "brace for impact" idk. Thats what I think atleast it came from, and then it moved on onto other stress/anxiety related stuff in my life.

• Banned
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/./0/1/.

Posted 28 April 2016 - 01:27 PM

Hey since when did AJ become MMO-C?
Shit game is shit :) btw Butthex, ur still a nobody, thx for reminding me to fix my shit sign

#8 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:04 PM

it's kind of stupid but i have a few rack mounted switches and routers in another room and when i feel anxiety i like to go in there, close the door and watch their link lights flashing while listening to the fans spin

lmfao

#9 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:05 PM

too bad only admins will understand that one

#10 Buglamp

Buglamp

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:57 PM

Fan sounds are great that's why. I have a fan on at night just for the noise.

#11 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 28 April 2016 - 06:19 PM

I try to meditate on a daily basis

During it my mind just floats through emptyness and random thoughts, it's peaceful :)

#12 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:13 PM

Im kind of interessted in how people developed all of these calm triggers, like breadstick do you remember when this first happened, what got you into that and why it made you think its your calm spot. For my own I can only recall it being my first plane ride after 9/11 when I was younger and I was so freaked out and I just basically on the edge of thinking the planes gonna crash any second, so I started biting my finger to like "brace for impact" idk. Thats what I think atleast it came from, and then it moved on onto other stress/anxiety related stuff in my life.

i've always slept with a fan on just for the noise so it's pretty relaxing for me. the link lights thing is recent i guess and just kinda signal that things are working (usually). spent like 5 hours today wishing i could've seen some of those lovely flashing lights but sometimes it just doesn't work out
s a d b o y s

#13 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

too bad only admins will understand that one

Posted Image
s a d b o y s

#14 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:58 AM

"why don't you have a gf?"
"no idea, btw check out this 1080p 60fps video i recorded of flashing link lights in a pitch black room"
https://streamable.com/243v
s a d b o y s

#15 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2103
  • 3v3: 1860
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:16 AM

"why don't you have a gf?"
"no idea, btw check out this 1080p 60fps video i recorded of flashing link lights in a pitch black room"
https://streamable.com/243v

Very soothing

I was ready for a jumpscare though i have to admit, this is AJ OT after all.

#16 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:26 AM

jesus tom

that is blissful

#17 Flexes92

Flexes92

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:22 AM

https://mynoise.net/noiseMachines.php
rain on a tent is love
rain on a tent is life

i think it's an inward penis, so maybe 3" is accurate? could be more, dunno how deep, never been inside a woman personally

being ugly doesn't mean you have inner beauty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<