• Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1592
  • 3v3: 2582
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1729

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:55 AM

Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube....h?v=NENsoOaM7xc

Perplexity, a good friend of mine, did that PvP video and nostalgia never hit me so bad. While there are no arenas available I swear to god that's more skilled than any other video I've watched since in like forever. I suggest you watch everything.

For those not familiar with vanilla the video might be a bit confusing considering there's a lot of utility items that are being used. And some mechanics that people don't remember, along with some kronos bugs.

I'm dropping down this list of items that were used so you might have an idea of why they're being used and what happened:

Living Action Potion - Makes you immune to Stun and Movement Impairing effects for the next 5sec. Also removes existing Stun and Movement Impairing effects.
There's no way to remove stuns in vanilla as rogue, so he uses this instead sometimes.

Tidal Charm - Stuns target for 3sec
This is the watery animation you see throughout has a 15 min cd.

Goblin Sapper Charge - Explodes when triggered dealing 450 to 751 Fire damage to all enemies nearby and 375 to 626 damage to you.
This is used to break out of cc (that breaks on damage). You can see him sapper blinds and other shit. Also, for example on the 2nd clip, he sapper charges 2 rogues out of stealth, blinding one and tidal charming the other.

Skull of Impending Doom - Increase your run speed by 60% for 10sec, but deals 100 to 501 damage and drains 100 to 501 mana every 2 seconds.
This is also used to break scatter/traps/blinds throughout the video. One clip where he uses this to break out of scatter and then use the xmas pet to eat the trap.

Goblin Rocket Helmet - Charge an enemy, knocking it silly for 30 seconds. Also knocks you down, stunning you for a short period of time. Any damage caused will revive the target.

Gnomish Net-o-matic Projector - Captures the target in a net for 10sec.

Ancient Cornerstone Grimoire- Summons a Skeleton that will protect you for 1min.

Barov Peasent Caller - Calls forth 3 servants of the House Barov that will fight, cook, and clean for you.

Gnomish Death Ray - The devices charges over time using your life force and then directs a burst of energy at your opponent.

Then there's grenades and reflectors etc.

Vanilla is so much more fun than what wow is now or what it looks like it's going to become in legion- I just thought I'd drop this by for everyone questioning PvP and how fun it can be.

For those interested, perp said he'd be releasing another one soonTM.

Edited by Jamminlove, 22 April 2016 - 04:53 AM.

#2 Imahacker

Imahacker
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Medivh
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • LocationLiechtenstein

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:55 AM

Great video, but can you answer me 1 question?

Why steal a name from roguetrainer and make a youtube channel and stuff? Pretty sad if you ask me :/

#3 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:22 AM

engineering in vanilla is the coolest profession wow has ever had

Edited by Synkz, 22 April 2016 - 07:14 AM.

#4 civelli

civelli
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:17 AM

Great video, but can you answer me 1 question?

Why steal a name from roguetrainer and make a youtube channel and stuff? Pretty sad if you ask me :/

what this guy has been around for years in pserver scene

and who is rogtrainer

#5 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

Yawn.

You Vanilla people are starting to get boring as fuck. And in this video I've seen nothing but basic Rogue vanilla gameplay.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

• Banned
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/./0/1/.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

Yawn.

You Vanilla people are starting to get boring as fuck. And in this video I've seen nothing but basic Rogue vanilla gameplay.

Yawn.

You retail people are starting to get boring as fuck. All you ever do is bashing on people who want Vanilla or legacy servers. Like holy shit.. Got nothing else to do?
Shit game is shit :) btw Butthex, ur still a nobody, thx for reminding me to fix my shit sign

#7 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:03 PM

Yawn.

FeelsBadMan. I didn't really play nostalrius and although I miss vanilla I sure as hell would appreciate other expansions being famous so I could play tbc or wotlk again with a large crowd. I made this post however just to bring a point up because some people kept saying PvP was simple and boring and lacked skill. I thought this video proved my point exactly - if you watched the whole thing and actually think it was basic vanilla gameplay that's fair but I just beg to differ D:

#8 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

Don't group me with people who generally hate on vanilla advocates, I literally don't give two fucks. I've played vanilla from the start of the game 'till TBC release, it was insanely fun, but I'd never do it again, the memories of people and things are way too unique to tarnish by playing on a private realm. But that's me, if you want to play Vanilla, play it.

But the thing is that Vanilla diehards will never get their way in any official capacity, so doing dumb shit like collecting signatures is honestly so fucking laughable. And linking vanilla PvP videos and describing them as "skill" is also hilarious. Yeah vanilla had that spectrum of the game where you could use extra trinkets/equipment/consumables to make PvP more interesting ( I still have vivid memories after all these years of the hate I had due to having to wait a few seconds after rogues popped shadow reflector to coil them ), but it didn't have nearly enough depth as TBC/Wrath duels/arenas had. It was fun to shit on kids while I had top tier PvE gear, but don't act like the PvP was way more fun than it was in TBC/Wrath, because it simply wasn't.

All in all, if you want to play Vanilla, fine, however stop posting shit about it for fucks sake. Shutting down Nostalrious is the worst WoW-related thing in a while, not because I view it as a loss for ( any ) community, but because ever since Nostalrious shut down, people have been raving 24/7 about Blizzard - justified, you might think? No, the people who have NEVER played on Nostalrious and never cared about the realm are suddenly upset on Blizzard and are whining 24/7, signing stupid petitions to make official vanilla realms, etc etc.

Like shut the fuck up already, I'd rather read Ashley's daily updates on the non-existing WoW PvP scene than read more shit about Vanilla or how Blizzard sucks. Yeah, Blizzard blows moose wang, nobody is disagreeing here, move the fuck on.

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#9 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:14 PM

FeelsBadMan. I didn't really play nostalrius and although I miss vanilla I sure as hell would appreciate other expansions being famous so I could play tbc or wotlk again with a large crowd. I made this post however just to bring a point up because some people kept saying PvP was simple and boring and lacked skill. I thought this video proved my point exactly - if you watched the whole thing and actually think it was basic vanilla gameplay that's fair but I just beg to differ D:

You're honestly underestimating how much time people spent playing vanilla ( and TBC ) if you think your video showcased better play than some I've seen during vanilla. Video you've linked is of a Rogue who learned the game in a expansion environment and transferred his skills to vanilla privrealm, nothing new there, he's shown nothing but basic Rogue gameplay coupled with a few of vanilla specialty trinkets/etc.

But then again, understand that I've been in the PvP scene for years, so what's basic to me might not be basic to someone else. Vanishing deathcoils and immuning stuff that's flying towards you has basically become something of a intuitive thing to me so such gameplay is no longer something I view as interesting. So seeing a duel between one rogue and one mage who've obviously dueled for many times to the point where they started to predict each other's abilities is imo nothing special.

Meh, maybe I'm just fed up of WoW.

#10 Jamminlove

Jamminlove
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

Well, I never advocated that it was the best vanilla PvP video but calling it basic makes me twitch a bit. Everyone has their opinion though and I respect that. However, would you mind sharing some of those videos you're on about? If not for showcasing the best PvP in vanilla do it to prove me wrong.

#11 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

Yawn.

You retail people are starting to get boring as fuck. All you ever do is bashing on people who want Vanilla or legacy servers. Like holy shit.. Got nothing else to do?

dont entirely blame him
as someone who alt tabs on retail all day but isn't against nor for vanilla/legacy servers that shits really being pushed down everyones throat lately on every forum/stream/discussion etc

#12 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

You're honestly underestimating how much time people spent playing vanilla ( and TBC ) if you think your video showcased better play than some I've seen during vanilla. Video you've linked is of a Rogue who learned the game in a expansion environment and transferred his skills to vanilla privrealm, nothing new there, he's shown nothing but basic Rogue gameplay coupled with a few of vanilla specialty trinkets/etc.

But then again, understand that I've been in the PvP scene for years, so what's basic to me might not be basic to someone else. Vanishing deathcoils and immuning stuff that's flying towards you has basically become something of a intuitive thing to me so such gameplay is no longer something I view as interesting. So seeing a duel between one rogue and one mage who've obviously dueled for many times to the point where they started to predict each other's abilities is imo nothing special.

Meh, maybe I'm just fed up of WoW.

imagine if you had a choice to read a thread or not, man would be fucking sick

stfu
best

#13 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

Don't group me with people who generally hate on vanilla advocates, I literally don't give two fucks. I've played vanilla from the start of the game 'till TBC release, it was insanely fun, but I'd never do it again, the memories of people and things are way too unique to tarnish by playing on a private realm. But that's me, if you want to play Vanilla, play it.

But the thing is that Vanilla diehards will never get their way in any official capacity, so doing dumb shit like collecting signatures is honestly so fucking laughable. And linking vanilla PvP videos and describing them as "skill" is also hilarious. Yeah vanilla had that spectrum of the game where you could use extra trinkets/equipment/consumables to make PvP more interesting ( I still have vivid memories after all these years of the hate I had due to having to wait a few seconds after rogues popped shadow reflector to coil them ), but it didn't have nearly enough depth as TBC/Wrath duels/arenas had. It was fun to shit on kids while I had top tier PvE gear, but don't act like the PvP was way more fun than it was in TBC/Wrath, because it simply wasn't.

All in all, if you want to play Vanilla, fine, however stop posting shit about it for fucks sake. Shutting down Nostalrious is the worst WoW-related thing in a while, not because I view it as a loss for ( any ) community, but because ever since Nostalrious shut down, people have been raving 24/7 about Blizzard - justified, you might think? No, the people who have NEVER played on Nostalrious and never cared about the realm are suddenly upset on Blizzard and are whining 24/7, signing stupid petitions to make official vanilla realms, etc etc.

Like shut the fuck up already, I'd rather read Ashley's daily updates on the non-existing WoW PvP scene than read more shit about Vanilla or how Blizzard sucks. Yeah, Blizzard blows moose wang, nobody is disagreeing here, move the fuck on.

My biggest concern about people who wants Vanilla is the extremly huge lie about how "hard" the levelling was, and the fact you need to group to level up.
It's entirely false. The levelling was not hard, it was time-consuming (Remember the quest where you had to do a genocide of monkey near Booty Bay? I hated Stranglethorn, brrr), and no, you could level up your 60 levels by playing entirely alone.
I did it because i was young, and too afraid of doing something "bad". And i'm in the oldschool rpg player where when you read a quest, and do the quest, you do it alone, or with NPC's.

(And i played undead shadowpriest, which was extremly overpowered, especially in PvP too. :D)

If you wants a hard leveling experience, play Ryzom (Older mmo than WoW, probably extinct now.), to make a WoW comparison, it's like after the level 30, the only NPC you met was elite one (not the 2-people elite, no, a full tank/heal/dps group was needed), and if you died, you lost like 15% of your current xp bar, including level.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 22 April 2016 - 04:04 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

but it was hard leveling up you actually had to manage stuff and cc now you can just go full autism mode and do shit
best

#15 Phoo

Phoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/1/2/.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

Really nice video, well edited and nice plays. No idea why it's getting hate, this is the kind of video that would be really popular a few years ago, easily on par with a Neilyo vid. Perhaps people have forgotten what constitutes a good pvp vid.

Edited by Phoo, 22 April 2016 - 05:22 PM.

#16 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

People wouldn't be talking about Vanilla as much if there was literally ANYTHING more interesting in the current game.

If you want to bitch about forum posts concerning Vanilla, you should redirect that bitching towards the lack of anything interesting in WoD or Legion.

#17 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

awful music ruined it for me.

If you are making a vanilla movie, use old school pvp music.

(Remember the quest where you had to do a genocide of monkey near Booty Bay? I hated Stranglethorn, brrr)

When leveling on Nostalrius it actually dropped for me on the first gorilla. Never been more content in my life, I still remember the time I spent there years ago on live....

And what people mean with harder leveling, is that u couldn't just pull 350 mobs and kill them all (unless you are a mage ofc). Also some mobs are simply too strong to do alone, including some non elites. So you have to group up to do the quests. Naturally you could just skip the quests and grind some instead to make up for that but still, you don't find things like that anymore on live.

Edited by Naraga, 22 April 2016 - 09:39 PM.

S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#18 Ashleyirl

Ashleyirl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/1/1/0/0

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:28 PM

feelsbad, i literally made 2 posts but ok.

xD

#19 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:15 AM

As someone who put 36 days into vanilla, the pvp is shit

It's fun in its own way, but the honor system is an absolute joke and some classes are so imbalanced its unreal. I would legit 2 shot rogues and warriors all day long on my mage, and there was usually nothing they could do about it.

Seeing r14 players backpedeling like idiots is just pathetic
Posted Image

#20 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:44 AM

Vanilla best nostalgia and best MMO. Fucking forcing you to play 10,000 hours to do the same shit that would later take 1/3 the time.

TBC one of if the not the best 2v2 and 5v5 expansions. Pretty horribly imbalanced though. Also has some dope lookin gear. Most of the retired vets who are in their 20s now, were like 14 or 15 during TBC, so AJ and shittalking in general was pretty entertaining.

Wotlk best 3v3 hands down imo. AJ was very very active during this time.

Cata: best time to be a rogue???? :confused: Pretty strong start for introducing rated BGs though if you're into that. Also pretty admirable time for community-run tournaments, since WoW was deleted from every tournament lineup. Unfortunately, AJ died during Cata.

MOP: best Kung Fu Panda rendition

WOD: best assemblage of streamers not actually streaming WoW

Legion: Best imitation of a 6 button MOBA
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<