• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:31 AM

How exactly can they write this:

• Refocusing each spec around their core concepts
  • Reduced reliance on cooldowns, both offensive and defensive
While doing the complete opposite? Classes move even further away from their core concepts, and cooldown reliance is intensified both offensively and defensively in Legion.

Yea I agree with this. Their stated goals are mostly good, I just don't think they're actually doing them. At least not from my perspective...

#22 Nogahn

Nogahn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 1705
  • RBG: 1638
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:03 AM

Yea I agree with this. Their stated goals are mostly good, I just don't think they're actually doing them. At least not from my perspective...

if you consider the current state of the alpha and that they are going to release it at the end of august... (which does meant the new ptach will hit in july) it gives them only 3 months to completly overhaul their current class designs.

I'd say we could be glad if we even get old abilties back. (Which is very unlikely)
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

#23 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1544
  • 3v3: 2678

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:17 AM

Aura mastery's for everyone YAAAY
  • Burning Determination After being interrupted while casting a spell, you become immune to being interrupted while casting for 30 8 sec. Mage - Tier 2 PvP Talent.
  • Holy Concentration (New) After being interrupted while casting a spell, you become immune to being interrupted while casting for 20 sec. Priest - Tier 3 PvP Talent.
  • Calming Waters (New) After being interrupted while casting a spell, you become immune to being interrupted while casting for 20 sec. Restoration Shaman - Tier 3 PvP Talent.
  • Casting Circle (New) Summons a Casting Circle for 20 sec. While within the casting circle, you are immune to silences and interrupts. Limit 1. Warlock - Tier 3 PvP Talent. 5% of Base Mana. 0.5 sec cast. 15 sec cooldown.

Edit: at this point im just gonna get my refund. not paying for this shit.

Rather play on a private server than on a game where everyone gets rewarded by getting interrupted

Edited by JohnnyC, 22 April 2016 - 11:19 AM.

#24 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

Maybe they should inspire on the last addition in the previous build in the hpal pvp talent for aura mastery : 45s cd, dispellable, affect the next spell only and empower it.
20s is way too much.
Posted Image

#25 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

Maybe they should inspire on the last addition in the previous build in the hpal pvp talent for aura mastery : 45s cd, dispellable, affect the next spell only and empower it.
20s is way too much.

that would be better yes, still i dont think every single caster needs this.

Better way would be to fix melee in terms of interrupts/stuns/gap closers. But we all know blizzard prefers to do band aid fixes than actually fix the issues

#26 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2088
  • 3v3: 2404
  • RBG: 1746

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

have you seen the class designs?

shit is unrecognizable compared to their former selves, all for "class identitiy" or some bullshit

I think class diversity and not having an answer to everything is the most interesting thing Legion has announced. Mages not tanking for a century will be a first since WOTLK (Maybe Cata also - didn't really play it)

#27 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

I think class diversity and not having an answer to everything is the most interesting thing Legion has announced. Mages not tanking for a century will be a first since WOTLK (Maybe Cata also - didn't really play it)

yeah they wont be tanking, they will have 8 sec aura mastery everytime they get interrupted, much better design.

on the "class diversity" im gonna repeat something :
  • Burning Determination After being interrupted while casting a spell, you become immune to being interrupted while casting for 30 8 sec. Mage - Tier 2 PvP Talent.
  • Holy Concentration (New) After being interrupted while casting a spell, you become immune to being interrupted while casting for 20 sec. Priest - Tier 3 PvP Talent.
  • Calming Waters (New) After being interrupted while casting a spell, you become immune to being interrupted while casting for 20 sec. Restoration Shaman - Tier 3 PvP Talent.
  • Casting Circle (New) Summons a Casting Circle for 20 sec. While within the casting circle, you are immune to silences and interrupts. Limit 1. Warlock - Tier 3 PvP Talent. 5% of Base Mana. 0.5 sec cast. 15 sec cooldown.

So much class diversity i cant hold my pants ...

#28 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

yeah they wont be tanking, they will have 8 sec aura mastery everytime they get interrupted, much better design.

on the "class diversity" im gonna repeat something :

So much class diversity i cant hold my pants ...

I didn't actually see this update before i made my post to be honest.
But... I did puke all over my G105.. So much i need to buy a new keyboard soon due to that

Though i'd like to point out, i said that class diversity is the most interesting things they announced. I never said they are doing it right (Like they do anything right these days...).

My opinion about diversity is that the specs should not feel identical to play. There should be some sort of unique thing about all specs. But they pretty much abandoned that after WOTLK (Mortal Strike effects, dispels for certain classes etc.)
If they did it right, they would reintroduce things that made specs unique. Like TFB / overpower management in WOTLK as a warrior.

Mages felt a lot more like glass canons (very weak), but had nice damage opportunity around certain CDS (Water ele)
Today the opportunity is called frozen orb, and is usually all the god damn time, combined with retardlance spam.

But it's not going to happen because all the retards today want simple rotations and things that could be done from a PS4 controller.

But this aura mastery thing is terrible class design. It's actually just 1 design that they decided to give to everybody now. Pretty much like with everything else (mortal strike, stuns, fears, shield walls, self heals. etc)

I remember in TBC / WOTLK when you made an interrupt, it could really matter. Often it would mean you would not sit in a CC; or maybe you would land a kill from it.
Looks like it will hardly be worth the button click for the future.

Oh wait. The game won't be worth playing anyway :)

These 2 sums it up:

Edited by Xinowl, 22 April 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#29 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

Today the opportunity is called frozen orb, and is usually all the god damn time, combined with retardlance spam

you will love frost mages in legion then, with frostbolt having a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of frozen orb exDee

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 22 April 2016 - 08:12 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#30 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:10 PM

you will love frost mages in legion then, with frostbolt having a 20% chance to reset the cooldown of frozen orb exDee

Legion Love?
Seriously?
Noooo
Seriously?
Noooo
Seriously?
Noooo

https://i.ytimg.com/...xresdefault.jpg

EDIT;
Was your quote from Jontex, about him describing how good WoW would become for the future? xD

Edited by Xinowl, 22 April 2016 - 10:11 PM.

#31 Phoo

Phoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/1/2/.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

Their stated goals usually are. It's difficult not to be cynical at this point. They've been announcing what they think we want to hear and delivering the opposite for years now.

The recent April fools patch notes were particularly irritating since their idea of a joke is actually listening to valid suggestions. Or you know, actually releasing patches for their game.

#32 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:17 AM

EDIT;
Was your quote from Jontex, about him describing how good WoW would become for the future? xD

describing from his perspective as a professional wow player, don't forget :)

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#33 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 3140
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 2754

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:44 AM

As posted earlier in the thread, "Casting Circle" new warlock pvp talent. Possibly the single most broken spell the game has ever seen? permanent aura mastery in the circle. 100% uptime etc

Baffling how this ever even got past the brainstorming phase of design? lmao

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:35 AM

Baffling how this ever even got past the brainstorming phase of design? lmao

That is the scary part, how didnt a single dude step up and said : hmm thats retarded.

On topic .

Community manager's have this awful work wich is to transmit what the devs tell them to, their goals are so far off in alpha that is laughable.
Maybe the "cc" aspect its almost there but melee mobility/interrupts/stuns are still out of control.

Looking to alpha and the fact they got 3/4 months until release i think its safe to say "ill miss WoD"...

#35 darkzeon

darkzeon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Черный Шрам
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1727
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2294
  • RBG: 2254

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

For example, one complaint we see a lot is that “classes only have 5 or 6 spells in Legion.” That’s simply not true – as of this post, most specs have between 20 and 25 baseline abilities, with talents, Honor talents, and your Artifact active skill adding up to 5-10 abilities on top of that (and yes, we recognize that not all of those skills will be useful in all situations).

Oh noes. They know how to count and will not listen to stupid kids that say they have 3 buttonz...

#36 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1674
  • 3v3: 2551
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1769

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:36 PM