• US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 1518
  • 3v3: 2782
  • 5v5: 1151
  • RBG: 2100

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:55 AM

I don't agree with non-game play streams but in their defense they have to do something that separates them from other people. If luna was actually playing the game, PLAYING IT, the best she could no one would care. She has to add the aspect of drama and conversation to get viewers. Not bashing just calling a spade a spade.

It is what it is, the homie Mitch recently found his boom once he started questing girls. The arcane dream died and WoW is garbage so there really isnt much else to do.

There is 3 ways to get big on twitch. Collaborate (Leech), Do something no one else does, or viewbot.

At the end of the day twitch doesn't care what people do (with in reason). Its all about the dollar. Luna/ST.Peach is more profitable than say dilly's stream or something. Even though I rather watch dillys.

Pick your poison. Because queing at 3k mmr isnt going to get a new streamer any viewers.

Edited by Nmplol, 17 April 2016 - 02:02 AM.

#22 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 2968
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:13 PM

I don't agree with non-game play streams but in their defense they have to do something that separates them from other people. If luna was actually playing the game, PLAYING IT, the best she could no one would care. She has to add the aspect of drama and conversation to get viewers. Not bashing just calling a spade a spade.

It is what it is, the homie Mitch recently found his boom once he started questing girls. The arcane dream died and WoW is garbage so there really isnt much else to do.

There is 3 ways to get big on twitch. Collaborate (Leech), Do something no one else does, or viewbot.

At the end of the day twitch doesn't care what people do (with in reason). Its all about the dollar. Luna/ST.Peach is more profitable than say dilly's stream or something. Even though I rather watch dillys.

Pick your poison. Because queing at 3k mmr isnt going to get a new streamer any viewers.

This is all true to an extent. With WoW it is, usually actualy high rated arenas get a few hundred viewers, but this isn't because people on twitch dont like gameplay streams, its because the state of arena is at an all time low both in terms of interest and depth. The problem I have is that these non-gameplay streams is that there is no distinction between the section they occupy and the section "real streams" are in. It's retarded, why should this girl doing nothing in a call with mitch be competing with cdew for viewers, and winning. Its possible twitch could change as I suggested and make a new section, but that isn't my goal. I don't even really have a goal other than to incite discussion as we have here and get people to speak out about it. On that same note, for any self respecting viewers to realize how easily tgey are getting played.

For the record, I don't view networking and having connections as leeching. That's a lot of how you make it in this world, yeah certain people got big because of their connections, but that's life. What's important is the content and the character of people and what they are doing. Compare someone like luna and hafu, both female streamers, both had connections with bigger streamers to am extent, yet hafu is an excellent streamer focused on gameplay and gets more viewers.

The real shame is that WoW arena is in such a pathetic state that someone like Luna can instantly surpass everyone streaming it. I made a really in-depth video on that too, but basically arena has potential that Blizzard gives 0 fucks about, which is why we need a spinoff game in the same way league was a spinoff of dota, and I believe arena can replicate that success.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#23 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:14 AM

why should this girl doing nothing in a call with mitch be competing with cdew for viewers, and winning

what makes you think they are competing for the same viewers? if people want to watch tits and hear a female voice over the internet, they will go to a stream that offers that content, regardless of the game title at the top of the stream

its not like World of Warcraft is only allowed a fixed number of viewers, and then they all have to choose if they want to watch Cdew or watch tits :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 18 April 2016 - 01:41 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#24 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:48 AM

Conclusion : Cdew should have tits and use a female voice.
Posted Image

#25 akaishuichi

akaishuichi
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1713
  • 3v3: 2386
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

in my opinion , all of this is super unnecessary! how i handle it myself with streams is really simple , if there is a stream which i dont find entertaining then i simply dont watch it --> problem solved! so like @ glinkz if you dont feel entertainted by watching certain streams then DONT DO IT, you have that luxury in deciding that for yourself but if there is 1400 other people beeing entertained in whatever form then thats up to them. so i think this post is unnecessary cause going into a stream which someone doesnt find entertaining for whatever reason and then making a vod in which someone is just trying to make that certain stream which he or she didnt find entertaining look bad or whatever with the goal getting more viewers on his/her stream is just poor! i checked your stream and i saw you are a hunter and watched some vods and personally for me it was really boring and not entertaining and i could also say that i dont see any gameplay watching hunters in WoD , so what do i do now ? make a vod about non-gameplay streams? naaah i simply dont watch your stream! sorry if it all sounds offensiv , i dont mean to be just beeing honest since you said "Tell me what you think,thanks".

and just for the statistics there is much more male streamers with lots of viewers then female.

Edited by akaishuichi, 19 April 2016 - 09:01 PM.

no limits !!

#26 Bigmoran

Bigmoran
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1622

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

in my opinion , all of this is super unnecessary! how i handle it myself with streams is really simple , if there is a stream which i dont find entertaining then i simply dont watch it --> problem solved! so like @ glinkz if you dont feel entertainted by watching certain streams then DONT DO IT, you have that luxury in deciding that for yourself but if there is 1400 other people beeing entertained in whatever form then thats up to them. so i think this post is unnecessary cause going into a stream which someone doesnt find entertaining for whatever reason and then making a vod in which someone is just trying to make that certain stream which he or she didnt find entertaining or whatever with the goal getting more viewers on his/her stream is just poor! i checked your stream and i saw you are a hunter and watched some vods and personally for me it was really boring and not entertaining and i could also say that i dont see any gameplay watching hunters in WoD , so what do i do now ? make a vod about non-gameplay streams? naaah i simply dont watch your stream! sorry if it all sounds offensiv , i dont mean to be just beeing honest since you said "Tell me what you think,thanks".

and just for the statistics there is much more male streamers with lots of viewers then female.

many failed male streamers like glinkz try and attribute their lack of success to "twitch girls" when in reality it was their own lack of personality or gameplay

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

#27 flubbah

flubbah
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 384

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

What you fail to realize Glinkz (even tho i agree with almost everything you said) is that the vast majority of her viewers are simply not interested in what you or other "legit" streamers have to offer. Let's say she turns off her stream, you can be sure at least 90% of the viewers would simply go to another similar channel instead of Cdew's or any gaming content related channel.
So no, you are not competing with those twitch girl streamers, they simply don't attract the same audience, you don't share the same viewer base. (sorry for my bad english hope it's understandable)

Edited by flubbah, 19 April 2016 - 08:00 PM.

#28 Slappajack

Slappajack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1643
  • 3v3: 2508
  • 5v5: 2104
  • RBG: 2476

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:48 AM

What you fail to realize Glinkz (even tho i agree with almost everything you said) is that the vast majority of her viewers are simply not interested in what you or other "legit" streamers have to offer. Let's say she turns off her stream, you can be sure at least 90% of the viewers would simply go to another similar channel instead of Cdew's or any gaming content related channel.
So no, you are not competing with those twitch girl streamers, they simply don't attract the same audience, you don't share the same viewer base. (sorry for my bad english hope it's understandable)

Your English is perfect flubby. It's true, Like if you want to attract that audience you have to offer the same kind of content. So if someone watches Sodapoppin, they most likely watch Reckful or in a better example NMP's stream and maybe other streamers within the same area. It's like trying to compare Towelie/Swifty's viewers to your own.

You should work on getting your own USP (Unique selling point) - Since even though you may think it. Arena gameplay alone is no longer a USP. Anyone can que arena and unless you are playing with a personality or have something unique to other being able to Turbo or jungle or whatever at 3k MMR isn't going to cut it...Just go have a look at the league section if you think it's such a struggle here. People at super high divisions are not even passing 10 viewers and that game is entirely pvp driven with over 10x the amount of players.

Being a "Non gameplay" female streamer has a pretty obvious USP and you cannot deny it has a target market, you can't say that the reason you have less viewers is because the top 8 streamers have them all, that is simply not the case - They offer something you don't over an extended period of time.

Jah is a character, Pikaboo is a character thats why when they stream. People watch, high level gameplay is secondary to the new primary content which is the personalities behind the characters.

You have to realize you are catering to a sub section of a sub section which realistically, in business practice. Is not a good practice to go by.

(World of Warcraft "Overall brand" -> World of Warcraft: WOD -> Pvp Players -> Arena players)

Being an arena player, You interest, arena players and maybe aspiring member's of the pvp community. That's it. It's not a roast towards gameplay streamers, but I know if I turn on my stream and stream High mmr Rbgs I am only going to interest RBG players unless I have something unique to offer such as me playing with a personality or me creating interesting engaging primary content with the game being secondary.

I read some other posts about leeches ect - It's not leeching in a business sense since it's broadening your "Audience Reach". If you catch 5 fish in your net you cast....You have 5 more fish than you started with. With close to no effort or time investment. If you don't capitalize on communities then the only person who suffers is you.

And to give credit to one person who did this before they got banned, was Barry. He offered something different to other streamers (He didn't try to be the good guy he just kind of went loco at the chance) he featured content with already well reputed names within the Warcraft streaming community thus making co-alliance with already successful communities which often have returning viewers whilst also offering high level gameplay in the background.

(Note this is not a post about him as a person I literally don't care its just a way to show you guys that it is possible to break through from the third page.)

Get called a leech by one community? I bet you at least one fith of them went to that persons stream to tell them that and increased the streamers ad revenue.

Gonna bait some hate here, but who remembers when Reckful was the main Warcraft streamer and Mitch jones used to play with him all the time? Nmp is correct in the way that he says Mitch exploded when he started questing girls...See what im trying to say here? Have background content, play with popular personalities whilst developing one of your own. Offer a USP that gives your audience a reason to return (Comedy - Cringe you name it)

Smart people with networking capabilities will do better than people who don't. This is providing that you already have a unique selling point already such as in this threads case, being a non gameplay personality driven stream.

Apologies for any typo's or grammar mistakes. I am writing this from an old Samsung phone whilst my current one is charging.

Edit: As I wrote this I went on twitch and saw ElementalQt streaming a blondiewondie cosplay and averaing 10x his normal viewership, Kind of shows that even crossdressing on a livestreaming website can be a USP...9 Subscribers as I wrote this.

If you want some money people, you know what to do next.

Edited by Slappajack, 20 April 2016 - 02:07 AM.

:)

#29 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

:)

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#30 Brazzerss

Brazzerss
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Trollbane
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2119
  • 3v3: 2461
  • RBG: 1878

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:32 PM

Preach my boy preach