The Imp of the Perverse is a metaphor for the urge to do exactly the wrong thing in a given situation for the sole reason that it is possible for wrong to be done. The impulse is compared to an imp (a small demon) which leads an otherwise decent person into mischief.
I find myself getting uh... recurring "Imps"? Recurring perversions? Wondering if you guys have similar things going on.
- Riding in a car, if a window is open I have an urge to throw things out of it - usually like my MP3 player.
- When I see girls with skinny arms I imagine breaking them.
- Imagining jumping from high places - is probably a common one.
- A weird desire to just throw glass objects such as bottles.
- Fire Alarms/Exits, so tempting.
- Sometimes I feel like bear hugging random people, this one might be due to something else like a lack of physical contact doing weird stuff to me, not sure.