Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:26. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

"new rogue" need answers to some questions!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PolIy

PolIy
  • Members

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:06 AM

Hi!
I'm a fairly new rogue, and I've been getting into pvp lately, but I have a row of questions so here goes:

1. Is combat the best pvp spec? I have swords atm, but I can save up points to get daggers, I want to try assasination :)

2. Should I ALWAYS hold Slice n dice up? And what about Recuperate? Should that also have 100% uptime?

3. How do I open?
Do I do Cheap shot or Garrote?

4. What do I spend my combopoints on after my opener?
I usually do this:
Cheapshot > Reveling strike > SSx2 > Slice and Dice, then I maybe activate Adreanalin rush and the ShadowReflection and just spam SS and Eviserate, is this wrong?

5. When should I use Kidney shot? Since Cheapshot > Kidney sucks now?

6. Is Rogue the hardest class to play in pvp?

7. When I try to do big dmg as Combat I do this:
Cheapshot > AdrenalinRush, ShadowReflection, Reveling strike, SSx2, SnD > and just spam SS and Eviserate till ADrenalin is out, then I use Killingspree > Vanish > Garrote > Eviserate > PRep > Vanish > ambush > Evi.

Is this totally dumb? Since I'm wasting 2x evasion for example.

Ty for answers if I get any :3

#2 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

There are dozens of guides on rogue and a ton of threads exactly like this you should check them out before making your own.

Combat/Sub are both viable

As Sub always hold Slice up and as Combat you should also always try to keep it up but it can be a waste to put it up in the opener at times as you you should probably just spam damage to get as much pressure/cds as possible.

How you open varies from what spec you play to what you're facing I recommend looking at some guides for this question

As combat you should only activate AR when you've depleted your energy so wait a few globals before popping it in the opener but ye opener can be something along the lined of MFD>Kidney>RS>SSSpam>Evis etc just do damage ans if you're doing a lot of pressure vanish evis into another cheap/garrote etc

As Sub Cheap shot is fine to use in the opener as it allows you the combopoints you need for a rupture etc as Combat it's not bad to use but you mainly want a full kidney cheapshot can be used for peels and stuff still or cross cc

Nothings hard to play at the moment

Don't use 2x prep in opener lol ye it's a waste unless you're going full mongo

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users