Photo

How important is connection/MS?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 justinroyd

justinroyd
  • Members

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:55 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this but ...like how important is MS? I heard that the optimal way to play is with 20 MS and anything more and you cant land successful interrupts? Currently I have 140 MS and I feel very sluggish

#2 Sighclone

Sighclone
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2276
  • 3v3: 2203
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1764

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

Differs with whatever class you play, for example you probably want perfect MS playing sub rogue, or at least decent MS playing melee in general. Classes like hunters don't particularly need good MS unless they're trying to trap without stuns or something.

20ms for successful interrupts sounds a bit extreme, I'm landing them fine with 50. It starts feeling impossible to play (melee) with anything more than 100 though.

Being directly above the target and getting "Too far away" x100 is not fun.

Edited by Sighclone, 13 April 2016 - 06:14 AM.

#3 ajc1981

ajc1981

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:35 PM

there is a few things you can do to help your connection, like the mtu and rwin settings build into windows tweaking them can give you a few more ms. you want the mtu settings the same as your internet providers and the rwin you want it to thatever the speed your download is ment to be i also remember there is a setting which used to drop the ms by half but not sure if that still works had somthing to do with tcpAckfrequency look into them things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<