• EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1349
  • 3v3: 767
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:28 AM

Hello Arenajunkies forum. :)

So i have a question that i feel like being unanswered, stops me from progressing in becoming a better arena player overall.

I have around 2000 experience in 2's, and 1700 in 3's.

I have swapped classes, comps and roles ALOT the last few months, as i am trying to get a feel for what fits me the best. Whenever i set up a new character, i tend to try out different "playstyles" in the terms of macroing differently. Whenever i heal i always play with targetting macros. Q being "self" 1, E party 2 and R party 3. As a resto druid, Rsham and Dpriest i usually have focus macros on mousewheels, and have for example cyclone, hex and silence macroed to /cast [@focus]..

One of my teammates plays any class / role having CC mainly, being /cast @arena1,2,3.
After i tried out doing what my teammate does with my CC abilities i feel like that's the best for me.

BUT this leads me to my question.

- Would any of you suggest and arguement as to why maybe mouseover macros for example on a Warrior (Which is the class i am trying to main as of right now in Arena) would be good to use, for let's say Stormbolt, Intervene, Charge etc. So both defensive and offensive abilities.
I want to play the best i can, and therefore i am open to any suggestions. Currently i seek ways i can set up my characters, like a preset any of you guys would recommend me to try.

I just want to put a disclaimer here real quick. I am not english speaking by nationality, and therefore i might have expressed myself abit confusingly. If you need me to try and re-explain anything, just say so!

Kind Regards, Ulrik.

#2 Rickrey

Rickrey
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1349
  • 3v3: 767
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:19 PM

Bump :)

#3 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

It's definitely better to use non-mouseover macros for arena. Needing to mouseover a target takes your awareness away from the playing field, even just for half a second.

Some good players do use mouseover macros (Khryl uses them from what I've seen), but it all depends on your level of comfort with them. In an optimal setting, mouseover macros will always be inferior to arena 123 binds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<