Photo

When did mass dispelling UA become survivable?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:39 AM

I haven't really played much since MoP and back then I played a mistweaver. I do not remember the spells name but it did a mass dispel and if I did it when UA was on several team members it was instant suicide.

Now I play a disc priest and my team insisted I mass dispel spam and to my surprise it wasnt anything close to as dangerous so whats the deal? What changed? Any idea what patch it was?

Thanks!

#2 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 3140
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 2754

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

Priests have permanent 30% dmg reduction whereas monks have 0. so if you just shield yourself and MD ur team you will barely take any dmg. That coupled with UA dispel dmg being puny.

edit: if you MD on cd you'll go oom pretty quickly though.

Edited by Wallirik, 10 April 2016 - 12:22 PM.

#3 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

Priests have permanent 30% dmg reduction whereas monks have 0. so if you just shield yourself and MD ur team you will barely take any dmg. That coupled with UA dispel dmg being puny.

edit: if you MD on cd you'll go oom pretty quickly though.

Thats true I was going to ask on the priest forum for rbg expectations but do you have priest experience? got any advice on what I should be doing in RBGs?

#4 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:48 PM

As a disc in rbg pretty much your only job is to spam shield on your whole team and top healing. Throw in some good MD's when your team has a lot of dots on them (helps a lot to keep MD'ing dots off as many people in your team as possible, then go for quick guise/drinks if you're going oom because MD is expensive).

Be very careful if you choose to play saving grace, only use it as absolute last ditch effort to save someone, you don't want to be reducing the effectiveness of your shield spam with the saving grace debuff. And insta flash heals + penance to help singletarget healing if necessary.

#5 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

As a disc in rbg pretty much your only job is to spam shield on your whole team and top healing. Throw in some good MD's when your team has a lot of dots on them (helps a lot to keep MD'ing dots off as many people in your team as possible, then go for quick guise/drinks if you're going oom because MD is expensive).

Be very careful if you choose to play saving grace, only use it as absolute last ditch effort to save someone, you don't want to be reducing the effectiveness of your shield spam with the saving grace debuff. And insta flash heals + penance to help singletarget healing if necessary.

Speaking of top healing is the score board counting pw:shield as heals?

Thanks thats pretty much how i'm playing it im still trying to balance saving grace usage and also if/when i should be smiting for evangelism.

#6 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:25 PM

Ye scoreboard counts absorbs.
Can always throw in holy fire on cd between shields, and smite if there's not that much need for healing. Evangelism is purgable so it's not the most important thing to do (although a lot of players might not actually purge it, in which case it's really good).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<