• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1896
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:06 PM

only thing good about classic wow was the community aspect and the "new" feeling you got when playing the game.

personally have no idea how people find classic wow pvp fun, but to each their own

#162 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:59 AM

ya class pvp was just a shtshow but the community is what made the game fun back then imo
best

#163 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:43 AM

couple of my friends started playing vengeance, and haven't really ran into too many bugs other then the fel cannons moving

enjoying the 23ms ping most of all
Posted Image

#164 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2088
  • 3v3: 2404
  • RBG: 1746

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

Of course you'll be disappointed because you'd already going in with the mindset that it's going to be disappointed, you'd basically just go into to reinforce your own bias.

There is a reason why 7 million players have stopped playing since WotLK, there is a reason why people even now are still playing AT which is just Season 8 and has been now for like 5 years now without changing. There is a reason why this realm had 150k active players.

It doesn't matter if the game "is better" now, the problem with WoW when I stopped playing is that it was basically a lump a shit, you can polish it as many times as you want but it'll still be a lump of shit.

Blizzard are, at this point, arrogant and stubborn, they have invested so much into their 'philosophy' that they will push it until everyone is gone, rather than just admit they failed.

Jimjim: As you said having fun is not the same for everybody. But i would rather play CSGO without a mouse than i would play WoW in it's current state. The game is dull
You are the only person i've ever seen say he is enjoying MOP / WOD, and you are in your good right to do so. But you are amongst the minority now tbh.

WoD could have been very good. They just needed to bring the "the game feels like a world" concept back, and it would have been a lot more interesting than just sitting afk in your garrison doing nothing.

As OP said. You can polish the crap as much as you want and give it different names (MOP, WOD, LEGION). In other words:

"You can piss in a bucket and call it grannys peachtea, but it will still be piss"

The Legion might return. But the WoW Playerbase most likely won't!

A curious note though, is that most people who seem to enjoy the recent expos also started playing WoW later. Maybe they had different enjoyments than the rest of us.

#165 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:49 PM

Jimjim, you could improve your arguments if you stopped calling people who disagree with you "sheep" and "followers". Just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean they are blindly following the herd.

#166 Frosteye

Frosteye
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

Blizzard has broken their silence on Nostalrius:

http://us.battle.net...pic/20743584206

#167 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:10 PM

http://looking4group.eu/ maybe worth

they already have a tbc realm, so you can test their scripts
they will release a new server: 1x rate, instant 60 this week

oh seems like their main server is pretty dead :(

Edited by Siuox, 26 April 2016 - 05:13 PM.

#168 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2088
  • 3v3: 2404
  • RBG: 1746

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

http://looking4group.eu/ maybe worth

they already have a tbc realm, so you can test their scripts
they will release a new server: 1x rate, instant 60 this week

oh seems like their main server is pretty dead :(

When you are a rogue you can hit escape button and restealth while in combat. Great server!

#169 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

that sucks :( so the next server will be http://burning-crusade.com/ ?

#170 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:51 PM

Jimjim, you could improve your arguments if you stopped calling people who disagree with you "sheep" and "followers". Just because someone doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean they are blindly following the herd.

Sure, what kind of arguments do you want me to improve?
I can tell you my all Vanilla experience, maybe you will understand why i'm completly neutral on this all subject.

And yes, i watch Kungen, and he's the perfect example of everything i hated on Vanilla about the "community". He watches Venruki's video about the subject (video which i agree on most points), and stop it instantly because "He's a PvP'er, he's not a real player, his arguments are not hearable and he's the main reason of WoW's fall" and yet you saw lots of "sellout" "you suck blizzard dick", lots of really mean comments just after that, for someone who just... said what he thinks. I have reasons to think lots of this "herd" - as you say - are mindless sheeps.
I suffer from that in Vanilla, in my realm, when you were a shadowpriest (Not a popular spec for PvE, people tends to prefer mages and rogue to dps, more controls in 5-man dongeons, logical), who likes PvP, people tends to be really mean. The "real players" doesn't lke PvP players.

I have extremly good memories about Vanilla, i loved it, really. But as i said, i'm completly neutral on this subject, i don't feel the need personnaly to play on any Legacy server, but i understand people who have it. As long as i play with cool people, the xpac doesn't have any importance in my eyes. And i like keeping good memories on the past :)

At the end, if there is in the future (and i'm convinced there will be) some legacy server, i will probably play it. But if not, i... don't really care. I will play something else, and not bitching around, and insulting people.

Neutral.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 26 April 2016 - 06:53 PM.

Posted Image

#171 God

God
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:05 PM

So whos gonna play on K2?

#172 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:13 PM

Sure, what kind of arguments do you want me to improve?
I can tell you my all Vanilla experience, maybe you will understand why i'm completly neutral on this all subject.

And yes, i watch Kungen, and he's the perfect example of everything i hated on Vanilla about the "community". He watches Venruki's video about the subject (video which i agree on most points), and stop it instantly because "He's a PvP'er, he's not a real player, his arguments are not hearable and he's the main reason of WoW's fall" and yet you saw lots of "sellout" "you suck blizzard dick", lots of really mean comments just after that, for someone who just... said what he thinks. I have reasons to think lots of this "herd" - as you say - are mindless sheeps.
I suffer from that in Vanilla, in my realm, when you were a shadowpriest (Not a popular spec for PvE, people tends to prefer mages and rogue to dps, more controls in 5-man dongeons, logical), who likes PvP, people tends to be really mean. The "real players" doesn't lke PvP players.

I have extremly good memories about Vanilla, i loved it, really. But as i said, i'm completly neutral on this subject, i don't feel the need personnaly to play on any Legacy server, but i understand people who have it. As long as i play with cool people, the xpac doesn't have any importance in my eyes. And i like keeping good memories on the past :)

At the end, if there is in the future (and i'm convinced there will be) some legacy server, i will probably play it. But if not, i... don't really care. I will play something else, and not bitching around, and insulting people.

Neutral.

Just gonna mention Spriest were absolutely retardedly strong in vanilla PvP

You absolutely had to have at least one for the shadow debuff in PvE as well

A lot of the "Non-viable spec" bullshit is usually just that, bullshit. On nost people brought the player just to fill spots, we got the required number of healers and tanks and then just filled the rest with whoever wanted to come
Posted Image

#173 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:17 PM

going horde on k2

#174 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:21 PM

going horde on k2

rep me
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#175 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2471
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:52 PM

made a char called elor on horde hit me up

#176 Blameshift

Blameshift
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2722
  • RBG: 1772

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

Zxs on horde k2

#177 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:44 AM

Just gonna mention Spriest were absolutely retardedly strong in vanilla PvP

You absolutely had to have at least one for the shadow debuff in PvE as well

A lot of the "Non-viable spec" bullshit is usually just that, bullshit. On nost people brought the player just to fill spots, we got the required number of healers and tanks and then just filled the rest with whoever wanted to come

Yes and strong enough to finish all the level 60 5 man instances at 2.

And no it was not needed. Maybe now in an artificial environnement where people know how it works and try to optimize but 90% of the time the Non viable spec was real, in my realm which was a medium huge one, there was 2 shadowpriest pve. (One horde one alliance, one in each huge guild) Most of the guilds doesn't need them. Sometimes even the race was non viable (NE priest? Sorry a dwarf is here). Especially in MC and BWL, maybe later but you needed more real life time to play than anything else to be at this level.

When you waited 1h in the bank roof to make a group it was not because of lack of people, it was because people tend to search the easiest way to complete the instance. So by looking on the best spec.

It's like playing The Witcher 3 one week after completing the game. You play it differently in the lore but without the feeling of discovery. And you already know how talents works, where to go...

Before calling this lies, i never say it's bad to replay a game. It's just less magical.
Do you still have the same feeling with your first epic when you know now where it drops and that you will replace it in the future?
Do you still believe that Ashbringer can be drop by fishing in AV?
Do you wisp people to know where they drop this pet you never saw before? When everything is already known.
Do you still hope to be like the guy who drop the legendary ring in MC when it was not intended?

Do you still have all this mystery? If yes, i envy you, really.

And i'm convinced this 2 sentences are lies :
- Levelling was hardcore.
- You could play both Legacy and retail if Legacy will be there.

Levelling was just longer. WoW was already criticized for the easiest levelling experience compared to the older mmo. (No penalities when you die, can be done solo.)
And Vanilla is too time consuming if you want to progress to do both retail and legacy at the same time.

I would gladly play Vanilla again if i could be lobotomized so i can live this entirely. The game itself was not important. Just the feelings.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 28 April 2016 - 10:00 AM.

Posted Image

#178 God

God
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:37 AM

going horde on k2

made a char called elor on horde hit me up

Zxs on horde k2

meh seems like everyone is going horde on k2, from what ive seen its like 30/70~ atm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<