Photo

Dispersion, can cast while stunned, silenced, feared, but not while gcd? wtf?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:39 PM

I just boosted a priest and this really surprised me because as a fresh boost I can be killed quite fast and having my oh shit ability delayed by gcd is just plain weird but I couldn't find anyone talking about it any where. What gives?

#2 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:41 PM

It's ok as it ts.
Posted Image

#3 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:47 PM

Its alright but you got to admit its freaking weird for an oh shit ability to be delayed by gcd.

#4 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:06 PM

Its alright but you got to admit its freaking weird for an oh shit ability to be delayed by gcd.

What about block/bubble/bop?
Posted Image

#5 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:06 PM

I think it's good that it has a delay. Every defensive CD doesn't need to be fire and forget - disperse having this tradeoff is fine. It requires you to actually understand incoming damage from an enemy so you're not always just wasting gcds spamming damage etc.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#6 Shraug

Shraug
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1194
  • 3v3: 1778
  • RBG: 1691

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:07 AM

fire and forget

If I had a dollar for every time you've said fire and forget in a forum post I'd probably have about $47.

#7 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:57 AM

If I had a dollar for every time you've said fire and forget in a forum post I'd probably have about $47.

Newest dank meme after pruning and class fantasy.

But it's also cause so many game mechanics are in this direction. No drawbacks existing sucks monkey nuts, similar to the ones your healer has to suck on when he fights some apes playing melee cleaves.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#8 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 06 April 2016 - 12:01 PM

Newest dank meme after pruning and class fantasy.

But it's also cause so many game mechanics are in this direction. No drawbacks existing sucks monkey nuts, similar to the ones your healer has to suck on when he fights some apes playing melee cleaves.

Because caster cleaves require so many brains to kill someone! :P

@OP Dilly is right, I think. The fact that abilities like Dispersion havea drawback is part of these little things that managed to remain in this game which require some forward thinking, and I actually believe this is a good thing as well.
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#9 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:33 PM

No.

Instead, more abilities need to be on the GCD again, such as interrupts.
S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#10 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

-Everything- should be on GCD and if an ability isn't then it better have some real cost attached to it. Current design of having like half your abilities off GCD is retarded.

Edited by Forumz, 20 April 2016 - 05:02 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<