#1 Ashleyirl

Ashleyirl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/1/1/0/0

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:32 PM

Just played legion for the first time and i have to say it is the worst installment that this game has ever seen by a significant margin - s12 pales in comparison.

It doesn't even remotely seem like wow anymore - very few spells, all these new animations feels OTT and clunky, nameplates are gross and the game just feels horrible in almost every respect.

Realistically, how do you go about fixing this? The '#stoptheprune' thing has good intentions but let's not pretend they're going to bring back all abilities lost - we may see the return of a couple here and there but there's not going to be a full-scale return of pruned abilities.

Just the core game feels lost, it doesn't feel like wow anymore - it feels like a wannabe moba from 2009 - if i wanted to play a moba, i'd play an established esport like league etc.

I can acknowledge the argument "its still alpha, they'll be a lot of changes" but in reality will there be? blizzard seem reluctant at best to heed advice about pruning and i've seen very little pro-active work from their side on addressing issues that stick out. Also, its not even (on the great scheme of things) THAT long till release ~ they said it'll be released before 1st of September.

From what i've seen though, its not little small niches and changes to abilities here and there that fixing, its literally the fundamental core of the game that seriously needs addressing.

I know this is pretty criminal to say, but it feels like there is actually so much wrong with Legion that i dont really know how you go about addressing the problems it has in a way that will realistically get a response from devs.

yikes

not going to bother sugar-coating it just cos i simply don't see the reason to, however, you need to sugar-coat in order to get a useful reply from blizzard.

Edited by Ashleyirl, 01 April 2016 - 10:51 AM.

#2 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

Just the core game feels lost, it doesn't feel like wow anymore - it feels like a wannabe moba from 2009.

This so much. The main problem Blizzard has had the last two expansions are that they are going away from THEIR game, the game we all love to play. The movement and "flow" of the game doesn't feel like WoW anymore. I don't know if it's because Blizzard have looked at other big games and try to copy that or whats going on but they should go back to their roots.

And why the new nameplates? They had the same for 10+ years and now they suddenly change? If people want tidyplates frames they can get the fucking addon.

Edit: with that said, if they fix nameplates and some stuff here and there it's still gonna be a lot better than fucking WoD though but I just hope they do that so this isnt WoD 2.0 and the potential death of a great game.

Edited by Fedx, 31 March 2016 - 04:40 PM.

#3 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

name plates are giving me aids too. can't see a single thing

classes feel really clunky and awkward to play rotation wise

e.g warlocks spamming UA to do damage is ridiculous and awful design, whoever created that should be sacked and never allowed to work on a game ever again. disc main heal being through damage and the only sizable heal they can cast is shadow school apart from penance and power word shield, but they barely heal for anything anyway

very few spells at all for every class, way too many passives and way too many iconic abilities removed for certain specs or classes entirely

having to farm 40 'prestige' levels too for each class is completely fucking retarded btw. nobody is going to have alts because of this, which is partially the reason a lot of people are still playing wod right now even though it's the worst WoW has ever been pvp/pve wise

all i can think of off the top of my head

#4 Ickz

Ickz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2325
  • 3v3: 957

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:01 PM

All the new ability animations seemed cool in all the videos and whatnot showing them off, but after actually playing, they're more distracting then anything.

#5 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

moonkin seems nice, two dots and starsurge everything you need
cooldown plopping is dumb tho (incarn+astral something+2x instant starsurge/starfall+other cooldown, 2x instant starfire)

the nameplates suck indeed

#6 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:09 PM

nice post william i r8 ken out of ken m8

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#7 Ashleyirl

Ashleyirl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/1/1/0/0

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

nice post william i r8 ken out of ken m8

good ken

#8 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1544
  • 3v3: 2678

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:49 PM

New nameplates are probably the worst addition in Legion, if people wanted them changed they could always DL addons. at least give us the option to get the old ones.

PVP wise game its pretty retarded, did skirmishes and every game was zerg the healer pop everything, maybe because of damage being retarded for some classes . Some classes got pruned in mobility others still have 100 ways to get into china while rapping you from afar.

DH are a completly let down, no slows, short stuns (moba style ) and around 3 buttons to press. for maximum damage

#9 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

oh and all the new sounds are childish asf, seems like youre watching a kid play with his action man or something like that

#10 pharrelle

pharrelle
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/././.

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

Can someone post a screenshot of the new nameplates/chatbar?

Third world fag here with very bad Internet so I can't watch any Beta Streams on twitch..

SKrRBu7.jpg

#11 Ventux

Ventux
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:24 PM

20 quid paypal if the game ends up being good ash

#12 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

Third world fag here with very bad Internet so I can't watch any Beta Streams on twitch..

i got the option"larger nameplates" : http://imgur.com/lIcEimi

#13 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

and yeh thats all for DH binds

#14 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:59 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:04 PM

I like the warrior design, 100x better than wod, still going to miss the charge stun, would be nice to have a talent option for that! Warriors might even have more abilties than in WoD actually.

Would be nice to have an option to play with old name plates though!

#16 Maxish

Maxish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1665
  • 3v3: 2975
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1682

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:23 PM

wait people are actually hating on the name plates?? i was hoping it was just a joke, how can you honestly bitch about that considering all the other shit i mean come on im sure there will be an addon to make sure your precious pre-legion nameplates keep their look how is this even a problem adgd msrhd
Posted Image

#17 JohnnyC

JohnnyC
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Kazzak
  • Misery

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:36 PM

wait people are actually hating on the name plates?? i was hoping it was just a joke, how can you honestly bitch about that considering all the other shit i mean come on im sure there will be an addon to make sure your precious pre-legion nameplates keep their look how is this even a problem adgd msrhd

well when damage aint balanced yet, every ability displays lua errors and you cant really play people tend to notice that stuff.

yes a lot of the classes got stripped to bare bones with no utility whatsoever but still cant say anything when game is shit like it is now

#18 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:44 PM

its alpha and they are testing new name plates and last time i checked we are suppose to give our thoughts about the game thats why alpha is there. So if the new name plates are a flop we should say something right?

#19 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:16 PM

I ranted about in another thread, but I'll just sum it up here.

I can't even get into testing our classes because between the forced new animations, removal of interface options, and the fucking nameplates I'm too distracted to even get into it.

I've used the same UI for a decade and I'm not about to let them fuck it up with some god awful shit. I'm sure I'll need at least two new addons to fix the UI problems and another custom patch to fix the overly flashy animations

On the class part, I've got 14 abilities as an arms warrior. They're all related to doing damage in one way or another. They even turned stances into one button because reasons. Shit is just completely foreign to me and unplayable. I actually hopped on AT after logging off in disgust and had one of the most enjoyable wow experiences in years. Wrath is so, so, fun.

Edited by Speedymart, 31 March 2016 - 09:17 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Velcaa

Velcaa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/2/2/0/1
  • 3v3: 1931

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:01 PM

remember all the mop/wod babies that got all excited hearing pvp talents 5 months ago saying that legion is going to be amazing and bitched at every1 that had half a brain and has been with blizzard for some time to not get their hopes up because blizzard always finds a way to fuck up the game even more

:duckers:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<