#21 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:05 AM

The changes aren't final so let's not jump to conclu----LEGIONISAWFULSTOPPLAYINGWOW

This isn't about Legion. Look at all of the changes they've made since Cata. Every class has had some form of homogenization or another. Did Mages and Hunters really ever need Heroism? No. But because of the "if you want to down certain bosses easier, you need to bring X class" mentality prevailing in a small conference room with some guys wearing Cheeto-stained polo shirts and drinking diet soda so 'they can lose weight', that's what we have today.

#22 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:11 AM

The changes aren't final so let's not jump to conclu----LEGIONISAWFULSTOPPLAYINGWOW

u must be new here
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#23 Dunnoye

Dunnoye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

Got beta access the other day so I fired up WoW to give it a try.

I haven't played in years and the game just felt strange. If I had to explain it further I'd just say it's dumbed down. I felt more comfortable booting up Nostalrius and playing there a couple of months ago than I did playing Legion, and I hadn't played vanilla wow for far longer than the time I've spent without playing retail WoW. It's not just mages, every class has been pruned to hell.
If you can fill one action bar with spells you are lucky.

Frost is shit, it was gutted and in its place you have some bastardized version.
Arcane is alright, shows some promise, and Fire seems to be the best spec so far.

#24 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:23 PM

Just saw some of Cartoonz' stream and video, and I'm quite surprised? I mean frost mages actually setup casting and casting deals damage? He played that glacial spike thing ecetera, but for the first time in the last 2 or 4 years, frost mage started to remind me what of it was... Also fire, greater pyroblast, and playing around it, with rune of power and shit feels much more mageish than this frozen orb and icenova + non-stop poly spam piece of shit...

Anyone can confirm this direction? Is there maybe a hope?

#25 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:21 AM

no idea what video you are talking about but keep in mind that the circumstances in his and swiftys videos might never happen in arena

#26 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

Just saw some of Cartoonz' stream and video

presumably his videos are still as useless as they always were

He played that glacial spike thing ecetera...Also fire, greater pyroblast...with rune of power

ah right he made a clickbait random battleground or arena skirmish video with dumb talents

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 31 May 2016 - 09:00 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#27 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 575
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

Just saw some of Cartoonz' stream and video, and I'm quite surprised? I mean frost mages actually setup casting and casting deals damage? He played that glacial spike thing ecetera, but for the first time in the last 2 or 4 years, frost mage started to remind me what of it was... Also fire, greater pyroblast, and playing around it, with rune of power and shit feels much more mageish than this frozen orb and icenova + non-stop poly spam piece of shit...

Anyone can confirm this direction? Is there maybe a hope?

Nope there is literally no hope, anyone who tried mage on beta should know that there is no fucking way frost mage is going to be fun at all

#28 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

Well sad to hear all that.

@Dizz:
"ah right he made a clickbait random battleground or arena skirmish video with dumb talents"

I never judge anything from bgs. I saw his stuff in duelling and for the first time since mop beta, it seemed interesting and he was actually casting stuff.
Nevertheless, I'm glad I didn't get too hyped.

I mean, and this is just a little rant, how is that, that neither the community or the devs can see, what made mages soo damned fucking skilled, good, and enjoyable (hell I got 3 mages o.O and it was the 2nd class I started to play after priest) is the way the class was built around control-setup-unleas-damage in a healty way. I mean the whole thing was like this:
- glass cannon - if you could be trained, you were dead
- you had the strongest kite/control potential (ok lets say control potential equal with warlocks)
- best self-absorbs! (fire/frost ward + manashield + if <deep> frost ice barrier)
- interesting, and mindfully unleashed burst/damage (shatter/pyro combo/hardcasted arcane shit+ barrage/missiles)
- zero/minimal self healing (bandage and evocation)
And the stuff basically seemed like this: if you could manage to setup momentum/burst/kills with your control arzenal and while your shields holded, you were rewarded with your good shatter/fireball+pyro. Damn, I remember I was SOOO proud when I offensively used Cold Snap for double Deep freeze and double CoC and I saw that in Gameking 11 (or 10?). If your enemy could outplay that, he was rewarded by stopping you from dealing damage. And, I'm not even mentioning mini-games like manashield-mana management, ooming a feral etc. It was a delicate, multiple-factored but at the same time, self balancing and balanced system. Oh and it was FUN and rewarding (I could handle 1v3 until Cata and being rewarded if executed well, in MoP, handling 1v2 was phenomenal play, now in WoD I can be proud if I live until 2nd Cold Snap vs half of the classes).

...was this so bad? Or am I missing something here?
Anyway just a random rant..

#29 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

...was this so bad? Or am I missing something here?
Anyway just a random rant..

none of this was bad

and none of this is fixed/returned to us in Legion, it either remains the same as WoD or gets worse

frost is basically removed from pvp full stop since it has zero functional pvp mechanics left, fire spams instant cast spells for insane auto spreading aoe damage - once that eventually gets nerfed in the middle of the second Legion season, everyone still playing mage respecs arcane for slightly less instant cast aoe + single target damage, fun fun fun

oh, and have fun farming warforged + titanforged gear from rng lootboxes to have the highest pvp ilevel possible exDee

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 01 June 2016 - 07:37 PM.

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#30 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

oh, and have fun farming warforged + titanforged gear from rng lootboxes to have the highest pvp ilevel possible exDee

Which is something i don't understand at all. If they want to make higher ilvl gear accessible as a little perk, then make it a secured chance to get it rather than a completely garbage random chance. They said ilvl differences are now 1:0.1%, which doesn't sound like much immediately going in, but then it begs the question of "What's the point?" Either the ilvl difference will only net a tiny increase in damage, or it will give you 10%+ which is actually pretty absurd.

#31 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

Aha tyumbra i remember you from wrath, thank goodness i quit lol seems the game has been on a downhill spiral since i left season 9.

#32 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 08 August 2016 - 07:11 PM

Which is something i don't understand at all. If they want to make higher ilvl gear accessible as a little perk, then make it a secured chance to get it rather than a completely garbage random chance. They said ilvl differences are now 1:0.1%, which doesn't sound like much immediately going in, but then it begs the question of "What's the point?" Either the ilvl difference will only net a tiny increase in damage, or it will give you 10%+ which is actually pretty absurd.

because their design goals now are all about artificial extension of content - someone being able to purchase fully bis pvp gear or achieve fully bis pve gear in a matter of months or weeks is terrible from their perspective, because that "content" is then completed

the warforged system was created in mop as a way to push 25 man raiding over 10 man, and feedback on its existence for that purpose was generally positive - unfortunately they took that feedback and decided to extend it massively for all pve gear in wod, then double down in legion despite the overwhelmingly negative wod rng loot feedback

so now we have a system where a low ilvl (800 or whatever) item can randomly be 805, 810, 815, 820, 825, 830, 835 ... all the way up to 875, and this system applies to every single item from every single source throughout the game

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 08 August 2016 - 08:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<