• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 2968
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:59 AM

Hey all, I made a video explaining why I think adding legacy servers to WoW would be sucha good move for Blizzard and I wanted to share it here to get some feedback, tell me what you think.

If the quality is a bit low give it a few minutes then refresh as it may take some time to process.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#2 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 30 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

As much as I love this idea as a player and I wish they did do this, I don't think it would be worth it in the long run.

These servers won't bring in as many new subs as you would think. At least not in the long run. A lot of people that play private servers do so because they don't want to buy a sub.

Also as the game gets bigger (which they said they want to release expansions sooner) they would have to build and sustain yet another legacy server. Which some expansions would obviously be more popular than others which would make some servers literal money wastes.

The only way I could see them doing this without spending money on new servers and trying to sustain them is to fix the twink mode system. Which this is just a thought I had so I'm not exactly sure how they would do it but, if they made it so when you shut your leveling off at certain levels it would scale your gear down, limit your abilities to, and open zones specifically reserved for the level you chose.

For example: you level to 60, once you go to the guy to turn your leveling off you get all the old abilities reserved for level 60, you aren't allowed to equip anything that exceeds gear from that part of the game, and your abilities get scaled down so you aren't shitting on everything like it is today. Also put the old nax back in the plague lands and allow you only to enter if you have your level shut off at 60. Same goes for level 80. Only allow level 80s to enter wintergrasp, etc.... But there could be flaws to this people wouldn't like such as the money restrictions you would have for that given expansion, and also maybe people complaining that they wanted to experience the actual leveling of vanilla but can't. Those ideas I'm not sure what they could do but I'm just spitting ideas out that wouldn't be too much of arnet investment as building, maintaining, and creating "new" old servers.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#3 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

Would rather them make good design decisions moving forward rather than see them turn it into Runescape

Edited by Avengelyne, 30 March 2016 - 04:46 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#4 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:31 PM

Would rather them make good design decisions moving forward rather than see them turn it into Runescape

Wow helpful comment buddy, thanks for the input! I can't believe no one has thought of this idea yet.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

• Banned
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/./0/1/.

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:09 PM

Wow helpful comment buddy, thanks for the input! I can't believe no one has thought of this idea yet.

Do us all a favour, never design a game.
Shit game is shit :) btw Butthex, ur still a nobody, thx for reminding me to fix my shit sign

#6 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:58 PM

Do us all a favour, never design a game.

Lol uhhmm... sure, I guess? You see I thought we were on a forum to discuss topics. Guess that's why I stopped coming here, because instead of discussing an idea someone presents you guys still find amusement in shitty elementary school insults. Oh well I guess I should have stayed gone after you guys bored me.

AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#7 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:10 AM

you make videos pretty well , should look more into content creating but im inclined to agree with avengelyne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<