gravyrainbow
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 3v3: 1645

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:01 AM

Guys and gals (lol) of arena junkies--- what sort of comps work with destro at the moment? Been playing casual hpally/destro/frostdk, and I get my shit pushed in by any mouthbreathing melee cleave. Playing against turbo I'm lucky if I can avoid interrupts long enough to land 2-3 fears or chaos bolts in a match. Do the pally and DK just not bring enough peels to set up kills? I've swapped between 2 pc/charred remains and 4 pc/demonic servitude, either way I'm spending most of the match getting anal raped into oblivion, and even with servitude the pet just doesn't add enough damage/control for my DK to put out any reasonable pressure. Am I playing it wrong?

#2 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:35 AM

I'm not 100% certain, but I think Frost/Destro/Holy paladin seems like your best bet atm. Maybe other healers could work as well. The thing with Destro is that you're insanely weak if the enemy team only has your casts to worry about, whereas you're insanely annoying if the enemy team also has someone else's casts to worry about, making Mage fit the bill quite nicely.

I've no idea what all the top rated Destros play though, so /shrug.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#3 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

LSD or MLP
Posted Image

#4 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

MLP. Setup with every demon soul. Tell your mage to save counterspell to stop the 'stops' on the warlock when you setup. Repeat cycle every Demon soul. Till enemy has no trinket = your kill chance.

#5 gravyrainbow

gravyrainbow
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 3v3: 1645

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:58 PM

making Mage fit the bill quite nicely.

LSD or MLP

MLP

Thanks for the replies, fellas--- I've actually had the chance to play with a good mage a bit, and in the few matches (unfortunately he lives in NZ so there's a big time shift) we played we had a pretty good W/L ratio @1800 (not much, I know). The hardest comp to play against was something like LSD--- grounding/wind shear/tremor totem makes it hard to sustain pressure, and since destro is low mobility it's hard to chase them behind a pillar to score the kill.

More generally speaking, my paladin is deathly afraid of pushing up on the other team since he's worried about getting caught in an endless CC chain (to be fair, paladins are really susceptible to fear, etc). This means that the hunter just disengages, mage blinks, etc behind a pillar and we're not positioned to chase. Should we push up on the other team or is the hope to catch the kill target out in the open with a HoJ or some such? Thanks I love you all <3

#6 Fakalock

Fakalock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 950
  • 3v3: 2205
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationGuthenburg, Sweden

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for the replies, fellas--- I've actually had the chance to play with a good mage a bit, and in the few matches (unfortunately he lives in NZ so there's a big time shift) we played we had a pretty good W/L ratio @1800 (not much, I know). The hardest comp to play against was something like LSD--- grounding/wind shear/tremor totem makes it hard to sustain pressure, and since destro is low mobility it's hard to chase them behind a pillar to score the kill.

More generally speaking, my paladin is deathly afraid of pushing up on the other team since he's worried about getting caught in an endless CC chain (to be fair, paladins are really susceptible to fear, etc). This means that the hunter just disengages, mage blinks, etc behind a pillar and we're not positioned to chase. Should we push up on the other team or is the hope to catch the kill target out in the open with a HoJ or some such? Thanks I love you all <3

I would say that eider 2pc + charid playing MLP or 4pc + demo surv playing LSD1 (2pc + charid playing works aswell. Thugonomics plays this. Nazrins is higher with the comp and dosnt tho) are your best bets.

MLS can work (but is weaker then MLP due to hoj), FLS/HLS can accualy also work decently (2pc + charid). Thugonomics got some vods of Desto HLS if u wanna se =)

And MLP vs LSD1 i would say that if the LSD uses there brain u should lose. LSD1 counterns mage+pally+X comps over all =)

#7 fearco

fearco
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1730
  • RBG: 1733
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

Really don't want to steal this topic, but i'm also curious about this, destro sounds so much more fun atm for me than affli.
Could Destro+boomie+x work ? The fear/cyclone DR is definately not making it easy, but with beam, bash, clones, fears, and lets say HOJ / hex+purge, it definately sounds like a nice combo for me. Given the crazy damage of the two combined.
What do you guys think ?

#8 Fakalock

Fakalock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 950
  • 3v3: 2205
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationGuthenburg, Sweden

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:34 AM

Really don't want to steal this topic, but i'm also curious about this, destro sounds so much more fun atm for me than affli.
Could Destro+boomie+x work ? The fear/cyclone DR is definately not making it easy, but with beam, bash, clones, fears, and lets say HOJ / hex+purge, it definately sounds like a nice combo for me. Given the crazy damage of the two combined.
What do you guys think ?

I accualy played this comp to 2,3k mmr about 3-4 weeks ago. Can be a realy fun comp to play. Retarded melee cleaves that train druid all game insta die cause of all of his procs. Most teams train lock tho (like noraml xD). And that forces u do use most emebers for healing wich suck if its to often. If enemy goes shaman u can get some realy nice dmg going.

We tryed both 2pc+charid and 4pc + demo serv. For us 2pc + charid was better cause i simply needed the embers to survive. Also making it easier to just go offence without much setup all the time.

I didnt fear much at all. Druid cycloneing is better 9.9/10 times.

Also our druid played with the tallent to the left of incarn (cant remember the name). Wich made up quite alot on overall pressure due to that my dmg sucked most games cause i kinda played a "tank" :P When not haveing a pally for stun + aura i would recoment playing with the unending resolve glyph that decrases the CD of it and just accept that u dont realy have a defensive cd. I played most games with SL. Swopped it out for Sac shield vs shatters and such. Like usual.

Imo the affli version is both stronger and funnier to play but thats just personal prefference =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<