Warex
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:41 PM

Is it a viable comp? I have a hpala and boomkin friend. And id like to play 3s with them, and Ive been looking into what class to play with them. And warlock is somthing I play good and enjoy.

So would it work in 3s, and with what spec?

Also, as an extra question, Would Hpala / Lock work in 2s?

Thanks for any feedback :)

-Warex

#2 fearco

fearco
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-The Maelstrom
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1837
  • 3v3: 1730
  • RBG: 1733
  • LocationHungary

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

I could imagine that working with a demo/destro but maybe with affli too, lock/boomie USED to have a good synergy, think its still ok'ish.
In 2s hpal/lock works just fine in my opinion, not the best comp but its quite ok.

#3 Sighclone

Sighclone
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2276
  • 3v3: 2203
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1764

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:31 PM

This comp is actually really good, there's a korean guy named Iamzod that plays this comp at high rating, his lock is destro and their win condition is windows of burst rather than pressure (obviously since it's destro). HoJ is usually used on kill target during those windows when CC has been setup on healer.

If you want to play affliction your team's win condition is of course pressure rather than oneshots in HoJ

Also I can't imagine Hpala/Aff Lock working too greatly, as you lack offensive dispels (which is one of the reasons aff/rsham is notorious, because their pressure comes from not only the lock but the sham also. Hpalla can't really contribute in creating pressure, without wings up)

I can see Hpalla/DESTRO working though, I would imagine it plays alot like Hpalla/Mage (forcing defensives during your friends HoJ's until they run out)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<