Newbie Rogue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alebreeze

Alebreeze
  • Members

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:33 AM

Hello,

Like the topic title says, I just rerolled for an rogue ( fresh 100 ) and im planning to focus on PvP.
Now I would really appreciate if you guys can guide me out a bit :

- Easiest spec to start on ( no experience as rogue )
- What to focus on and what can I read / watch to boost my learning
- Addons
- A decent build guide that contains pretty much all info ( stats priority / gems / enchants / macros etc. )
- Tips & Tricks

.. or any other info you think would help me.

Thank you in advance :)

#2 ContortedTV

ContortedTV
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1768
  • 3v3: 2757
  • RBG: 384

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:20 PM

-Combat Rogue is probably the most forgiving of the three specs in Arena. If you play RBGs I suggest learning Subtlety/Assassination as that's what most rogues decide to go (more on demand burst instead of high sustained damage with strong burst).

-For now just focus on playing, you can read the forums here (though take it with a grain of salt always, including what I'm saying) for some advice. Watch top rated rogue streams (Whaazz, Pikaboo, I think Foxyo streams, Roastyz, Praii) and see what they do vs 'x' comp in 'x' situation.

-Gladius and OmniBar are all stock standard across most players, so it's worth getting those. I would also suggest WeakAuras and looking up a guide to track Subterfuge/Trinket Procs, etc. Stay away from GladiatorLOSSA, it teaches really bad habits, even if it pseudo-boosts your awareness. Battleground Targets is good as well.

-I don't know any off the top of my head, but you can PM me if you want some help.

-Try not to spam your cooldowns like a mongoloid, think about what order you want to use cooldowns in, and which make the most sense. Try to trade your cooldowns for the opposing team's until they have nothing left and you have something to close out the game. Again, I'm sure others will comment on this thread, and I'll probably contribute more in the future.

Hope that's a good start!
Posted Image

#3 haircareProducts

haircareProducts
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uldaman
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/2/././.

Posted 17 March 2016 - 01:14 AM

I think if you get good with defensives as a rogue it really steps you up a notch. Rogues don't really have an oh shit button like, sham rage/barkskin/cocoon/nimble/block/ etc that you can use while in a stun or horrify. Instead we have strong defensives that need to be used before a stun. In rogue duels using your evasion preemptively will help loads if your target is on stun dr coming out of a stun and they want to turn the tide of the fight
Posted Image

#4 nami69

nami69
  • Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

Avoid assassin spec.
Addons: gladius/sarena
Check the forum rogue 6.2 guide here for the basics.

#5 rothschildo

rothschildo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1350
  • 3v3: 1421
  • 5v5: 955

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

easiest spec i think is combat