• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:47 AM

Skirmishes are now available on Alpha
We've opened up Skirmishes for testing on Alpha. Please keep in mind that Skirmishes have changed in Legion. Healers will only be placed in 3v3 matches while DPS and Tanks may find themselves in either 2v2 or 3v3 matches. Good luck and have fun! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Good change?

#2 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

If this transfers over to ranked games: No.
S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#3 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:30 PM

That's what happens when noobs start whining and Blizzard reads them
Posted Image

#4 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

If this transfers over to ranked games: No.

Essentially this.

#5 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/0/0/0/2

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:11 PM

Maybe they just need to design the game so healers aren't anti-fun. But sure another band-aid, why not.
Vadren#1175

#6 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 12 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

Bad change.

#7 Cakesz

Cakesz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

Completely and utterly irrelevant change.

Just wasting time not fixing real problems.

#8 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

Seems retarded.

What about people who don't enjoy double dps? They just have to suck it?

Why not fix the imbalance some healer/dps comps create and have a fun game for everyone? If double dps comps could compete with healer/dps comps then we'd have a lot more diversity in games.

Edited by Forumz, 12 March 2016 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:29 PM

Maybe they just need to design the game so healers aren't anti-fun. But sure another band-aid, why not.

They progressively made healers more OP and easier to play, and then they wonder why it's so anti fun.

Combination of not dealing enough damage to outDPS a healer's uninterrupted casting, combined with how much "oh shit" buttons healers have equals current situation.

Like, back in TBC you just died if you didn't know how to properly fakecast&plan ahead ( exception being Resto Druids ), same kinda goes for Wrath. From Cata onwards healers just got more powerful by each day, starting with the introduction of aura mastery for all healers and so on.

They should honestly just gut Resto Druids so they can justify bringing other healers down in line, seeing they were always the main reason of healers being over the top.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#10 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:36 PM

http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=119745

Take this video for an example, 5:22 in the video.

That was his whole team outplaying the enemy team to just let him survive, together with him blowing every cooldown he had ( PS and trinket afaik ).

Same situation in Cata, I also had Barrier and Aura mastery - already got ten times easier to survive because now I could rotate my shit.

Nowadays, I also have Spectral Guise, Saving Grace, Penance while moving and a plethora of other dumb shit.

The healer power creep is real, and it's one of the reasons why this game has gone to shit - disabling queueing as a healer in 2s skirmish isn't a proper fix to the problem, Holongo :lol: :lol: :lol:

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#11 Freshqtz

Freshqtz

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

After watching some legion alpha streams recently I'm honestly not surprised that they barred healers in 2s skirms. Clearly blizzard is content with the game being a mongo, damage spamming shitfest considering that most specs in the alpha have little to no cc anyways, not to mention the lack of actual abilities you can put on your bars.

#12 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:14 PM

good change :))))

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#13 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:02 AM

You guys just complains about everything, just for the sake of complaning, this is unbelievable.
No healer, absolutely no one with a decent amount of sanity would queue in any 2v2 skirmishes, to be paired with another unknown dps, unless you've got the 10 skirm quests to do, or, you need your last conquest points to buy your part.

I understand why the guy "Holinka" doesn't even read this forum, you are just a bunch of despicable, elitist and arrogant "people".

This change might be irrelevant, perhaps useless, but no, let's complain and be minpojke-esque even more.

But really, you, as a healer, you decide to log in, and queue in 2v2 skirmishes?

The only time i decide to queue in a 2v2 skirmishes was when i've got a new toy, and i wanted to see if it works in arenas. (I was disappointed most of the time)

"Hum, i have 10min before my mate log in for arenas, what can i do? Playing HoTs? Not enough time. Pet battle? Too lazy. Watching a random stream for 10min, why not. Posting something racist to annoy people? No, i already say something morbid on skype."

OH, I KNOW, I'M GONNA QUEUE IN A 2V2 SKIRMISH

._.

Edited by Jim_Jim, 13 March 2016 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image

#14 DanAction

DanAction
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 2270
  • RBG: 1478

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:39 AM

I can't say I'll shed a tear for healer/dps in an unrated skirmish. They're meant to end quickly.

#15 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:33 AM

Spoiler

I usually agree with you, but you're talking utter shit here. I find queueing 2s skirm as a resto druid or a resto sham just fine as a way to quickly kill 5-10 minutes, considering games are over in a blink of an eye anyway.

#16 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:20 AM

You guys just complains about everything, just for the sake of complaning, this is unbelievable.
No healer, absolutely no one with a decent amount of sanity would queue in any 2v2 skirmishes, to be paired with another unknown dps, unless you've got the 10 skirm quests to do, or, you need your last conquest points to buy your part.

I understand why the guy "Holinka" doesn't even read this forum, you are just a bunch of despicable, elitist and arrogant "people".

This change might be irrelevant, perhaps useless, but no, let's complain and be minpojke-esque even more.

But really, you, as a healer, you decide to log in, and queue in 2v2 skirmishes?

The only time i decide to queue in a 2v2 skirmishes was when i've got a new toy, and i wanted to see if it works in arenas. (I was disappointed most of the time)

"Hum, i have 10min before my mate log in for arenas, what can i do? Playing HoTs? Not enough time. Pet battle? Too lazy. Watching a random stream for 10min, why not. Posting something racist to annoy people? No, i already say something morbid on skype."

._.

Id queue 10k skirmishes as a healer before i would go and Start farming useless toys or transmog gear. Different people enjoy different stuff, i dont get your point

#17 rob-hype

rob-hype
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1671
  • 3v3: 2490
  • RBG: 1676
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:39 PM

Put it this way, this just fixed threes skirms and created more of a population of newer healers quing ladder twos. The issue with 3s skirmishes were 3x dps. 2v2 skims were meant to gear or 1v2. Of you are with a healer you are being a try hard and should be forced to the try hard bracket.

By doing g this change they are providing new players with a lfr version to properly pactise 3s where they might actually find other partners outside of lfg,

Don't forget with legion gear doesn't matter only prestige level does, swap to a dps off spec if you want to 2v2 skirm you will have the same level of gear. 2v2 ranked doesn't give titles so if you want to healer dps 2s specifically do it there where you are not impeding other s

Overall good change that will help the community as a whole in the long run.

Edited by rob-hype, 13 March 2016 - 05:40 PM.

Http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ral+Tichondrius

Feral Always :)

That awkward moment when you're reading this comment, and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it, that you keep reading, and then you realize it says nothing important - AJ Signatures

#18 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:43 PM

._.

Damn a whole post based on ad hominem, nice JimJim.

#19 Frosteye

Frosteye
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:43 PM

Seems retarded.

What about people who don't enjoy double dps? They just have to suck it?

Why not fix the imbalance some healer/dps comps create and have a fun game for everyone? If double dps comps could compete with healer/dps comps then we'd have a lot more diversity in games.

Honestly it depends on the double dps comp. Going up against a double hybrid comp in 2s is usually just as much aids as facing a healer comp.

#20 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:55 AM

I don't care too much about 2s skirms, but I strongly agree with Vadren and Lolflay that it's entirely the current game's fault that healer/dps is shitty to play with/against in 2s. Dps/dps being competitive with healer/dps in 2s is a decent proxy for the health of the game, and it's been fucking atrocious since Cata.

Unfortunately, I think there's no going back at this point... I'm almost at the point where I give up and stop trying.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skirms, 2v2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<