#61 Convection

Convection
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tortheldrin
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:19 PM

I thought it was really interesting how there were very few druids who hit gladiator all 3 seasons, but a lot who hit gladiator 2/3 seasons.

So pretty much all of the double gladiator druids must have gotten it from S2+S3

#62 Craton

Craton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Hyjal
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents:

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:28 PM

Convection said:

I thought it was really interesting how there were very few druids who hit gladiator all 3 seasons, but a lot who hit gladiator 2/3 seasons.

So pretty much all of the double gladiator druids must have gotten it from S2+S3

Druids were weak in S1.  Remember that they didn't get cyclone until late in the season, resilience was uncommon until late in the season and the +healing and mp5 of druids was very low compared to the later seasons.  The 45 resil trinket which let players sub in more PvE gear for healing/mp5 wasn't there until S3, either.

Back then, people didn't know how to use them effectively and everyone was running double dps with a rogue or paladin/warrior.
화이팅

#63 Shaoz

Shaoz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:03 PM

nice stats, can't wait to see what else you can find.

#64 Innate

Innate
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:41 PM

Craton said:

Druids were weak in S1.  Remember that they didn't get cyclone until late in the season, resilience was uncommon until late in the season and the +healing and mp5 of druids was very low compared to the later seasons.  The 45 resil trinket which let players sub in more PvE gear for healing/mp5 wasn't there until S3, either.

Back then, people didn't know how to use them effectively and everyone was running double dps with a rogue or paladin/warrior.

Wait what? Didn't get cyclone until late in the season? The main reason druids seemed so weak at least from my perspective early in season 1 was the lifebloom bug (wasn't worth stacking).

I would agree with the lack of resil having some effect, but really theres no point in comparing power at the beginning of seasons when gladiator is rewarded at the end. I didn't feel that squishy by the end of season 1, I honestly think people were too busy qqing on the forums and hadn't realized druids full potential yet.

#65 Golijov

Golijov
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarion Circle
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:27 PM

Don't forget that the evolution of the metagame. Look at how few people actually used LoS or pillar humping in season one, compared to seasons two and three.

#66 Tahaa

Tahaa
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eitrigg
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

Druids became nice in s1 with lb buff + arena water. Then people stopped qqing about how weak cyclone was in comparison to other CC and started using it. And then it all begun... :D

Btw, previous post on locks, what hurt draintanking and thankgodly so was the MS effect applying. Though s3 was a bad pass for locks given melee scaling + ArP and the rise of double melee everywhere which hurt them more than anyone. That's my point of view on this. End s2 lock nerfs (drains affected by MS, dots affected by resil mainly) was not a bad thing, but they switched the metagame alot.

#67 Pookette

Pookette
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 07 September 2008 - 07:58 PM

Craton said:

huh?? I played S1 on a different lock, they had cyclone and it was incredibly broken then because if you cyclone a second target before the duration of the first ran out it would strip them of all their buffs including hidden buffs from spec. yeah that was balanced.

Edit: The lack of water is probably what made druids suck in S1 Pallies could just last forever and druids had to lock down a pally which they could but it was harder then.

#68 Ensipid

Ensipid
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2561

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:19 PM

Water is why druids did so well s2 s3 and so on.

And it killed paladins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<