67 replies to this topic

#41 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:54 PM

Guntt said:

Hey Tyveris,

Would it be possible to get a breakdown like that, but per bracket?

Or possibly the number of multi-bracket glads per class... if that makes sense lol.
Not until the hall of fame releases. We just track whether or not you received the gladiator title.

#42 Cantis

Cantis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:58 PM

Yea...it says im a season 3 gladiator here but I'm not cuz when I got banned I was on 1 1900 2v2 team...I know gladiator was easy to get this season but come on

#43 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

Cantis said:

Yea...it says im a season 3 gladiator here but I'm not cuz when I got banned I was on 1 1900 2v2 team...I know gladiator was easy to get this season but come on
http://www.wowarmory... Blade&n=Cantis
Your armory page shows you as gladiator. If it is a season out of date, it should fix itself once your armory page starts updating again.

#44 Speedo

Speedo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:48 PM

I dont understand why hunters are so lowly represented, the only thing i actually feared seeing in any setup i ever ran was an extremely skilled hunter team. do they REALLY do that bad against other classes to crush their representation like that?

#45 Thrasher

Thrasher
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Гордунни
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:54 PM

because players prefer to play an op melee type of class rather than a hunter?

#46 Innate

Innate
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

Speedo said:

I dont understand why hunters are so lowly represented, the only thing i actually feared seeing in any setup i ever ran was an extremely skilled hunter team. do they REALLY do that bad against other classes to crush their representation like that?

Yea they really do lol. I've played a hunter/mage and druid all at high ratings. Playing a hunter is pretty frustrating outside of very select comps, yet when I play my mage I want to just leave the game everytime I see a hunter.

Edit: And I play hunter/druid/lock on an alliance druid. Everytime we see a mage team we think "yes!"

#47 hypermode

hypermode
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

Tyveris said:

Yes, it includes S1 and S2 gladiators that registered after those seasons ended. We will see how the ratios match up once S3 hall of fame is released.

I know quite alot of players who are registered here who have glad also on other chars then their posting char, i doubt those are counted though, am i right?

#48 hypermode

hypermode
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:05 PM

Speedo said:

hunter>mages
everything else> hunters (well maybe not some healers but the general does in 1v1)

#49 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

hypermode said:

I know quite alot of players who are registered here who have glad also on other chars then their posting char, i doubt those are counted though, am i right?
Correct. The hope is that the percentages still work out to be close because we are looking at a large sample size of the whole.

#50 Flight

Flight
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

How is Hunter bottom for all though overall Shaman comes out lower?.... I smell Kalgan-Math

#51 KennyEU

KennyEU
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

Flight said:

How is Hunter bottom for all though overall Shaman comes out lower?.... I smell Kalgan-Math

I think you misunderstand.. this is the percentage of people who got Gladiator in all of the seasons so far. It's not because hunters got less gladiators in every season overall, that they also need to have the least of people with gladiator titles in all 3 brackets. Also, this site is only a small sample of the grant total. When you'd see world wide stats, it's very possible that hunters would be at the total bottom there too.

#52 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

Flight said:

5 Mages get gladiator only season one.
5 Different Mages get gladiator season two.
5 Different Mages get gladiator season three.
Only one Hunter gets glad, but he gets it seasons 1, 2, and 3.

The S1, S2, and S3 glad would show.
Hunters: 1
Mages: 0

There is no tricky math, just misinterpretation.

#53 Mekila

Mekila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:19 AM

How come you stopped pvping Tyv?

#54 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:39 AM

Mekila said:

How come you stopped pvping Tyv?
Few reasons. Disappointed with the current state of mages, most people I played with no longer play, and I don't have the energy to gather all the honor gear on my alt. Mainly, just messing around in beta until WotLK starts.

#55 Quantity

Quantity
  • Qty
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

Mages are going to own in WotLK from what I've been reading/seeing.

#56 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/1/1/.
  • 2v2: 2336
  • 3v3: 2754
  • 5v5: 1913
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

for the ppl qq'ing about armor pen vs locks.. i understand why it sucks but thats not the reason for the huge downfall.. s1 ppl dint have anywhere close to the resil so a locks ability to have the most hp out of anyclass made them op'd in s1, s2 ppl hit a wall going for resilience and locks came out with the 3 dread 2 fel double resil bonus and laughed well dots melted everything.. s3 came out with resilience affecting dmg over time and with everyone else resilience being so high locks had to switch to their op'd 4 set bonus. blame dot dmg and mana drain being nerfed by resil.. not some ppl gettin around 600 to 1000 arp lol

#57 Tyveris

Tyveris
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:57 PM

Quantity said:

Mages are going to own in WotLK from what I've been reading/seeing.
I've been there. It's hard to say at the moment because like 4 of the top tier frost talents are still busted. Mage armor buff is obviously amazing, we will see.

#58 Relia

Relia

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:40 AM

YES I AM FREAKIN SICK AT THIS GAME

#59 Pharaun

Pharaun
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

All the skilled players obviously rolled Rogs, Druids, and Warriors after arena got released.
"Who, after all, is today speaking of the destruction of the Armenians?"

-Adolf Hitler, 1939

#60 Cybelirrae

Cybelirrae
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

Matadorro said:

for the ppl qq'ing about armor pen vs locks.. i understand why it sucks but thats not the reason for the huge downfall.. s1 ppl dint have anywhere close to the resil so a locks ability to have the most hp out of anyclass made them op'd in s1, s2 ppl hit a wall going for resilience and locks came out with the 3 dread 2 fel double resil bonus and laughed well dots melted everything.. s3 came out with resilience affecting dmg over time and with everyone else resilience being so high locks had to switch to their op'd 4 set bonus. blame dot dmg and mana drain being nerfed by resil.. not some ppl gettin around 600 to 1000 arp lol

I think you hit on part of it, but the number 1 reason in my mind for the warlock drop-off is simply the DPS increases of the 2-Hand and 1-Hand melee weapons as we progressed by season.  

S1-Full PvP-geared warlock could draintank a rogue
S2-More parity is achieved, rogues can start to hold their own against locks
S3-rogues are the anti-lock; multiple physical damage against a lock puts locks and their pets and healers under huge pressure
S4-more of same except non-dispellable armor helps locks a bit, especially in 2s.  

Physical damage scaling better with weapons is the trend we saw at 60 and now it has repeated itself at 70.  I remember absolutely annhihilating cloth (and warriors for that matter) in the summer-fall pre-BC.  

It sucks, but I don't know what Blizz can do about it without changing fundamental game mechanics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<