Ret Surv Shaman Disc PHP PHS Cupid

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:49 AM

Hello everyone! :)

Just a heads up, sorry if I made this topic in the wrong section! >_> I think that ''Ask a Gladiator'' is what I was looking for, though.

Aight so here's the thing. I am running Ret/Surv/X (aka Cupid Cleave) with a friend on 2.150 rating with slightly more than 2.2k MMR. Our shaman recently left so we found a Disc instead.

- How far do you think that PHP can go in confrontation to PHS?

- What do we even do against comps like Turbo, WW/DK or H.Pala Shatter? RM/x as well. Versus Turbo it's weird because we can get a HoJ on the Druid, full Trap into full Fear afterwards and the Shaman is literally tanking Wings + Crows + Fiend with Shamrage/Wolves/Guidance. We sometimes manage to kill the Druid if he has no trinket.

- Are there any particular tips/tricks we should know about this comp? It feels completely weak and just a bad joke from time to time, but I know that this is probably us playing it wrong, seeing how people can actually reach 2.9+ on EU.

- Versus which comps would you run EmpSeals? I usually run it vs RM/x and H.Pala Shatter. Is it worth taking vs Turbo or vs any Enha Shaman comp?

Any help is greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance! :) Looking forward to reading the answers.

Best regards.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention. I am running Mastery enchants (instead of Versa) and a PvE Ring ''of the Harmonious'' giving an insane amount of Mastery and some Versa. The reason I chose to enchant for Mastery is because when I did the math I saw I was losing like 2,2% healing/damage and 1.1% less damage taken. So I thought bleh, who cares.
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#2 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

No replies yet? Is no one playing this comp? :(
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#3 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:36 PM

do more dps

#4 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

do more dps

Yyyyeah... Doing more dps is not always easy. Vs most of these comps I am either almost always dying or permanently disabled. :/

Them Combat Rogues in RMD/P! -_-

EDIT: Jokes aside, I think my dps is fine though. I usually end up either first in damage or second. Well, it depends of course on what comp we are facing. But I don't feel like damage is what we lack.

#5 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

turbo
-swap on defensives druid/shaman

rmd
-tunnel mage, swap druid with hojes/wings

ww/dk
-kill monk bop karma

shatter
-play like faggots/hit closest thing

we never run emp seals.

Edited by Refren, 05 March 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#6 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:07 PM

turbo
-swap on defensives druid/shaman

rmd
-tunnel mage, swap druid with hojes/wings

ww/dk
-kill monk bop karma

shatter
-play like faggots/hit closest thing

we never run emp seals.

Wow! That's better. :P Thanks mate!

Against Turbo I managed to somehow find a tactic by forcing as many defensives as possible during Wings.

Against WW/Dk I tried this, but it turns out to be kind of dangerous. Works for the most part I guess.

Shatter is the most hated! :( We sometimes manage to kill the spriest, but we tunnel Mage for the most part. We indeed try to play near pillars.

Also, I will keep in mind to never run EmpSeals.

Thanks a lot for the info! :)

#7 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:57 PM

A good bit of extra info can be found in the FAQ thread I made on the US forums

http://us.battle.net...pic/20420602851

It’s a lot more comp dependent. Basically priest has a mana bar and can’t heal through Warlocks. Ret/Hunt has a hard time against lock teams already with a Shaman, a priest makes it a lot harder. You also do a lot less damage with priest because of the missing buff and dispel versatility.

One more thing is I think BM is better /w disc.

- What do we even do against comps like Turbo, WW/DK or H.Pala Shatter? RM/x as well. Versus Turbo it's weird because we can get a HoJ on the Druid, full Trap into full Fear afterwards and the Shaman is literally tanking Wings + Crows + Fiend with Shamrage/Wolves/Guidance. We sometimes manage to kill the Druid if he has no trinket.

We usually have WW/DK and Turbo on farm, but HPal shatter you’re just fucked against unless they make errors.
You’re going to want to split up crows/wings on Turbo and work through defenses until they don’t have defenses up for a setup. At that point, commit and spam purge. With priest it’s a lot harder to land a kill because you do less damage and we barley squeeze out kills with a Resto Shaman. Sometimes we swap between Warrior and Shaman with a priest to keep pressure under control.

Make sure you’re swapping on defenses and force them to swap hots constantly. You’re looking for situations where the shaman or druid is around 70%, no hots/defenses with a clean setup. This type of play forces them to use inefficient healing methods and will drain them eventually, they will start pushing in and you can punish it further. Sometimes you just have to commit to the druid and run at him like a goon.

WW/DK, we either train DK or swap between monk and hpal. Pop wings after he shells and it will force every defensive they have. We find any WW/DK with a few braincells can punish offensive BoPs so we often swap on karma instead unless we can afford it.

Typically if the DK is a god at surviving and we have a shaman that's used to playing /w Ret, we do the WW/HPal strat. Once you build a lot of synergy you can go WW/Hpal and there’s nothing they can do to win. They can adapt to this, and you have to swap strats mid game depending on how they play, but if you adapt back you really can’t lose.

I would suggest tunneling DK with a priest, and again with Shaman unless you're facing a DK who really knows how to live then try the advanced strat.

You can't train WW due to their mobility but you can build enormous pressure by hitting them, and when they run hit the HPal so they can't recover. Trap off once WW comes back and slay.

- Are there any particular tips/tricks we should know about this comp? It feels completely weak and just a bad joke from time to time, but I know that this is probably us playing it wrong, seeing how people can actually reach 2.9+ on EU.

At my highest on US it was around 2750 and top 10 on ladder this season before inflation. Since Fallout 4 came out I haven’t played competitively and pushed rating since. It definitely has top 50 potential, it’s the best hunter comp for ladder IMO. My tip is to go hard. Often times you have to run at the team like morons when they’re on the back foot. It’s a momentum based comp.

- Versus which comps would you run EmpSeals? I usually run it vs RM/x and H.Pala Shatter. Is it worth taking vs Turbo or vs any Enha Shaman comp?

A lot of info about that is in my FAQ above. It’s not picking one or the other, some matchups FV is better and some EmpS is better. One is also a joke whack-a-mole roation and the other requires a lot of forward thinking, EmpS isn’t easy and has further complications if you get CC’d. Even little things like SoR breaking traps becomes a new factor. You have to do tricky things like jump 180 seal swaps (auto attack will proc AoE seal) if your hunter lands a yolo trap and they are in melee :P I still break traps once in a while.

Edited by Avengelyne, 05 March 2016 - 09:06 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#8 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 05 March 2016 - 09:08 PM

A good bit of extra info can be found in the FAQ thread I made on the US forums

http://us.battle.net...pic/20420602851

It’s a lot more comp dependent. Basically priest has a mana bar and can’t heal through Warlocks. Ret/Hunt has a hard time against lock teams already with a Shaman, a priest makes it a lot harder. You also do a lot less damage with priest because of the missing buff and dispel versatility.

One more thing is I think BM is better /w disc.

We usually have WW/DK and Turbo on farm, but HPal shatter you’re just fucked against unless they make errors.
You’re going to want to split up crows/wings on Turbo and work through defenses until they don’t have defenses up for a setup. At that point, commit and spam purge. With priest it’s a lot harder to land a kill because you do less damage and we barley squeeze out kills with a Resto Shaman. Sometimes we swap between Warrior and Shaman with a priest to keep pressure under control.

Make sure you’re swapping on defenses and force them to swap hots constantly. You’re looking for situations where the shaman or druid is around 70%, no hots/defenses with a clean setup. This type of play forces them to use inefficient healing methods and will drain them eventually, they will start pushing in and you can punish it further. Sometimes you just have to commit to the druid and run at him like a goon.

WW/DK, we either train DK or swap between monk and hpal. Pop wings after he shells and it will force every defensive they have. We find any WW/DK with a few braincells can punish offensive BoPs so we often swap on karma instead unless we can afford it.

Typically if the DK is a god at surviving and we have a shaman that's used to playing /w Ret, we do the WW/HPal strat. Once you build a lot of synergy you can go WW/Hpal and there’s nothing they can do to win. They can adapt to this, and you have to swap strats mid game depending on how they play, but if you adapt back you really can’t lose.

I would suggest tunneling DK with a priest, and again with Shaman unless you're facing a DK who really knows how to live then try the advanced strat.

You can't train WW due to their mobility but you can build enormous pressure by hitting them, and when they run hit the HPal so they can't recover. Trap off once WW comes back and slay.

At my highest on US it was around 2750 and top 10 on ladder this season before inflation. Since Fallout 4 came out I haven’t played competitively and pushed rating since. It definitely has top 50 potential, it’s the best hunter comp for ladder IMO. My tip is to go hard. Often times you have to run at the team like morons when they’re on the back foot. It’s a momentum based comp.

A lot of info about that is in my FAQ above. It’s not picking one or the other, some matchups FV is better and some EmpS is better. One is also a joke whack-a-mole roation and the other requires a lot of forward thinking, EmpS isn’t easy and has further complications if you get CC’d. Even little things like SoR breaking traps becomes a new factor. You have to do tricky things like jump 180 seal swaps (auto attack will proc AoE seal) if your hunter lands a yolo trap and they are in melee :P I still break traps once in a while.

Wow Aveng! :D A huge thank you for all of this! This is a way more detailed answer than I expected to get!

I will also read your FAQ on the US forums and keep in mind everything that you and Refren said!

A hundred thank you, guys! Cheers!

Edited by Hollowinside, 10 March 2016 - 04:27 PM.

#9 GEMINI26

GEMINI26
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Nemesis
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 96

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

i play php im only 1850 -1900 cr and i always lose vs lock team like lsd or wls, do you have any advice ?

do you use hand of purity against them ?

sorry for my bad english :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ret, Surv, Shaman, Disc, PHP, PHS, Cupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<