• Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 3v3: 1573
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

Hi, and thanks to whomever might take the time to read this. I'm fairly new to arena pvp, I've mostly been doing some bgs and random stuff over the years, but now I've really taken an interest in arena. I've been having a blast, but I have a solid feeling I'm pretty bad.

I've been playing a little bit of everything, but mainly shatter and elesham+warrior.

I've lately gotten the feeling that one of the things that might be making me bad is the fact that I hold bops too long. As in, it's my "save someone when they're low" key, instead of "prevent damage so they don't actually get low" key, if that makes any sense. Like, yesterday I got the feeling that just bop'ing crows would be alot more efficient than trying to heal the damage, eating a trap, a countershot, a fear, and whatever the fuck else will hit me while the crows are doing work on my partner. Would that be the right call? Also, should I just bop team mates out of cc when that's possible? I realize it's probably a judgement call, but I'm just trying to get a grasp on how good players use their bop most efficiently. My own usage seems very sub par, so there's definitely room for alot of improvement.

Another question I've been asking myself alot lately, is: should my partners be taking less damage? When watching streams, it seems that good dps players just simply take a lot less damage than bad ones. When they get bursted they obviously take shitloads because there's a proper setup, but sometimes I feel that my partners are always getting chunked, no matter if there are cds up or not on the opposing team. Because of this I go through my own cds so fast, and after that it's pretty much lost. We get on the back foot, and I'm not able to keep up for long. Any tips or thoughts on this?

I'm perfectly aware that alot of the damage they take is because I get caught in dumb cc. Working on awareness and reacting faster, but I need alot more games before I'm anywhere near good at avoiding cc. I can usually sac traps, but polys are harder because of deep. And once you get caught in a poly, the cc is endless :)

#2 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:02 PM

dont worry about what to bop(it wont be the soul reason to why your losing), u will learn whats good to bop from spam playing and its all situation anyway, it will change as you go up in rating aswell, at the lower ratings/vs random teams u can just bop offensively to remove cc from your partners so they can kill faster or to remove cc from yourself so u can stay ahead in healing, a good example of this would be against jungle, alot of idiotic palas like to bop crows before they get cc which is fine but not the best thing to do, 99% of jungles will leap bash into wyvern/trap whatever, bop the bash, not the crows(only if surv ofc) and after bopping the bash u can run from the hunter/los/sac the next cc, you can also freecast with this bop because your immune to the interupts, there is alot of small shit like this which u will learn from spam playing and watching other people play. its also a good idea to learn to properly pve heal in arena, not just go into a dungeon or a BG and try to top charts, actually sit and think about how to properly pve heal and max all your healing(alot of people ask me how i heal through warlock teams for 10+mins and i cant explain how many things has to happen for this to work, not to mention im playing with some of the best of their class) imo there is no pala who pve heals to full potential. learn to manage mana without falling too far behind and the best way to do this is knowing how much damage is coming/your team is going to take. if your partners tell you to do more damage or use that bullshit as an excuse of why you lost, its not. your a healer, u dont need to keep consistent dmg up like a warlock, do dmg when its need and just max pve heal when its not needed. just maximize your globals, this will get easier and easier the more you play, sometimes you will say to yourself "fuck i wish i dont more dmg at x time" and then sometimes it will be, "fuck i was doing too much worthless dmg and we fell behind/died." i can say so much more but i think you should start watching skill-capped vids in the next 30 days, they are chaning things around and will be uploading alot more stuff, when i was learning to play i had friends telling me all the good things to do but i felt like it didnt do anything in comparison to just watching top players play all the time, i know my grammar is retarded af etc but im sure u can read/understand it fine. hope this helped, if you have any questions which are more specific feel free to pm me on twitch.tv/xonika

#3 Hydroxide

Hydroxide
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

Your partners have to rotate trinkets if they cross cc to stop a deep poly. Realistically even if you sac the deep it will get purged and you'll be polyd anyway.

The reason why they seem to take more damage is probably because they don't kite Aswell or peel Aswell (off CC on dps while your ccd).

Boping crows I'd generally a good thing, especially if feral has bleeds up. Be aware that he'll probably pop incarnation off stun Dr though.

Sorry for any bad grammar this phone is shite.

Edited by Hydroxide, 15 February 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#4 AstroHawk

AstroHawk
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Guardian 0/2/2/2/././.
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

dont worry about what to bop(it wont be the soul reason to why your losing),
You will learn whats good to bop from spam playing and its all situation anyway, it will change as you go up in rating aswell,

at the lower ratings/vs random teams u can just bop offensively to remove cc from your partners so they can kill faster or to remove cc from yourself so u can stay ahead in healing, a good example of this would be against jungle,

Alot of idiotic palas like to bop crows before they get cc which is fine but not the best thing to do, 99% of jungles will leap bash into wyvern/trap whatever, bop the bash, not the crows(only if surv ofc) and after bopping the bash You can run from the hunter/los/sac the next cc, you can also freecast with this bop because your immune to the interupts,

there is alot of small shit like this which u will learn from spam playing and watching other people play.
it's also a good idea to learn to properly pve heal in arena, not just go into a dungeon or a BG and try to top charts,
actually sit and think about how to properly pve heal and max all your healing(alot of people ask me how i heal through warlock teams for 10+mins and i cant explain how many things has to happen for this to work, not to mention im playing with some of the best of their class)

imo there is no pala who pve heals to full potential. learn to manage mana without falling too far behind and the best way to do this is knowing how much damage is coming/your team is going to take.
if your partners tell you to do more damage or use that bullshit as an excuse of why you lost, its not. your a healer, You dont need to keep consistent dmg up like a warlock,
do dmg when it's needed and just max pve heal when its not needed. just maximize your globals, this will get easier and easier the more you play,
sometimes you will say to yourself "fuck i wish i dont more dmg at x time" and then sometimes it will be, "fuck i was doing too much worthless dmg and we fell behind/died."
i can say so much more but i think you should start watching skill-capped vids in the next 30 days,
they are chaning things around and will be uploading alot more stuff,
when i was learning to play i had friends telling me all the good things to do but i felt like it didnt do anything in comparison to just watching top players play all the time,
i know my grammar is retarded af etc but im sure You can read/understand it fine.
hope this helped, if you have any questions which are more specific feel free to pm me on twitch.tv/xonika

Was some good advice so i took the liberty to make it more reader friendly instead of a big wall of text :)

#5 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:40 PM

Was some good advice so i took the liberty to make it more reader friendly instead of a big wall of text :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<