Photo

Need help understanding runes and rune management

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Norzzer1

Norzzer1
  • Members

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:09 AM

I'm looking for some help/advice or someone to explain how dk runes work. I've been playing dk for awhile but mindlessly bashing abilities that aren't on cool down and I'd like to improve my gameplay, but I'm struggling with the tune system. Has anyone watched or read anything they found particularly helpful to them in understanding the mechanics of a dk better? If so, could you please supply a link. Or if there's any experienced dks trolling the forum that could offer some constructive advice.

Looking for any help at all. Thanks

#2 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1564
  • 3v3: 2489
  • RBG: 767

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:16 AM

okay this is what ive heard.

Facerolling, you can use left or right cheek, doenst really matter. slowly roll over the keyboard, works very well as a dk.

#3 Norzzer1

Norzzer1
  • Members

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:44 AM

Very helpful, thank you. Original aswell, I've never heard that before. How did you come up with it?

Now, anyone who's not retarded.

#4 waniqutie

waniqutie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/0/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1564
  • 3v3: 2489
  • RBG: 767

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:57 AM

Thanks mate.

DK who uses word retarded :mad:

#5 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:57 AM

what exactly do you need help with?

ur rune has a "cd" when its "ready" you can use them

if you want to spam heal you save ur death runes instead of using them on howling blast/dispel

thats about it frost dks are very fucking simple.

#6 Ryanxx

Ryanxx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bladefist
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/2

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:40 PM

Going to use simple numbers here to make this point easy to type:

If you use a Frost rune, it gets a 10 second cool down.

If you use a second Frost rune, it gets 10 seconds plus the remaining time on the first Frost rune.

ie: If you spam both Frost runes, the second one will have a 19 second CD (10 + 10 - 1 global).

Spamming runes will get you 1 rune use per 10 seconds, as they come off CD.

Paying attention to the rune's individual CD is helpful because you can time plague leach and blood tap for when you have a death rune on a long CD (rather than wasting it on a shorter CD rune).

#7 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1814
  • 3v3: 2101
  • 5v5: 1777
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationAshburn, VA

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

This is how I research any new class that I play and fits with what you're asking:

1. Go to youtube
2. Type in DK pvp guide 6.2
3. Look for something in 6.2.2 or higher if possible with a lot of views and a length of at least 8 mins (20 is usually best and 50 is overkill unless you have time). Before I even watch I look to see how many thumbs up and thumbs down. If there is higher than 10-15% thumbs down I don't watch and look for the next vid. Sometimes they get thumbs down for a bad accent or a smoke detector battery chirping (i fking hate hearing that) but if they get a lot of thumbs down it's because some of the information is bad or incomplete.
4. Watch another vid from someone else around the same info as #3 above
5. Practice, practice, practice on target dummies straight after the vid to reinforce what I learned. Then practice again later in reg BGs and skirms.
6. Watch streams of someone who plays the class. I like to watch past broadcasts so I can fast forward between queues and also replay stuff that I don't understand.
7. Try to play with someone on my friends list with a higher skill cap on the class to point out my mistakes (hopefully they won't be as bad about it as LFG randos).
8. Then jump in full speed with thick skin and be ready to learn from your mistakes. Don't be discouraged if you have to go back to #1 if you fail.

Also look in the AJ class forums for the sticky guides. Most of the time they are at least in 6.2 and some have been updated recently.

For 99% of us, what you put into it is what you get out of it.

#8 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:13 PM

I'm looking for some help/advice or someone to explain how dk runes work. I've been playing dk for awhile but mindlessly bashing abilities that aren't on cool down and I'd like to improve my gameplay, but I'm struggling with the tune system. Has anyone watched or read anything they found particularly helpful to them in understanding the mechanics of a dk better? If so, could you please supply a link. Or if there's any experienced dks trolling the forum that could offer some constructive advice.

just afk till legion, then this actually becomes the intended dk playstyle :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 10 February 2016 - 08:13 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#9 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:07 AM

Really isn't much rune management to frost, only thing you have to manage is (maximizing) death runes for death siphon when you are dying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<