Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 16:58. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Season 3 epic Vs Season 3 Blue + Gem. [Clarification]

Gems Wod Rogue

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 thehipeey

thehipeey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

On my Rogue I've lucky managed to obtain a few blue pieces with gem slots, now putting a 75 mastery gem into these seems like a pretty sweet deal, especially since I hadn't up-graded my rings yet.

However, I haven't been able to find anything regarding the viability of these gems VS their up-graded counter parts, at least for Rogues.

Has anyone seen any threads of posts I've missed regarding this? A search didn't yield anything for me, but I didn't scrub through them thoroughly.

Just from a quick check I did; it seems blue rings and gem slot yield better damage than the up-graded rings, but only with the +75 mastery gem, all others fall short. Rings are also the only item I've seen that gives an increase in damage. I put a 75 mastery gem into a cloak, and checking the stat different from equipping in BGs and arena shows that cloak giving more mastery, and stats across the board, compared to the gem'ed cloak.

Does anyone have any other information on this. Cloak was the only other item I was able to compare, but giving it has the same stats as the wrist I doubt there are any others.
I bite people.

#2 sapnoob

sapnoob
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2335
  • 3v3: 2811
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2027

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:34 PM

no plays thats game anymore man

#3 FeralNisse

FeralNisse
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 575
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:46 PM

no plays thats game anymore man

rip english :'(

#4 Laez

Laez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2456
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:37 AM

Gems are disabled in arena but they work in bg's. Higher ilvl is usually better everywhere but there might be some grey area in low budget item slots like rings for example. Wouldn't worry about this too much since new epic gear is best in slot anyways.

#5 ContortedTV

ContortedTV
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1768
  • 3v3: 2757
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

Gems are disabled in arena but they work in bg's. Higher ilvl is usually better everywhere but there might be some grey area in low budget item slots like rings for example. Wouldn't worry about this too much since new epic gear is best in slot anyways.

I don't know where you heard this, but it's definitely not true. Gems definitely work in Arena.
Posted Image

#6 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:34 AM

Not really.
PvE bonuses are disabled in arena, and since gems are rolled in the same slot as tertiary stats, they are disabled aswell.
Same goes for Warforged.

#7 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:54 AM

Nope, gems work in arena

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#8 Laez

Laez
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2456
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 04 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

Sorry, my bad then. Was under the impression that gems wouldn't work in arena from some blue post/holinka's twitter. If they work then honor neck, cloak, wrist and rings with 75 gems are tiny bit better than epics. Difference is so small though and overall gain is debatable that I wouldn't use my gold for gemming honor gear.

#9 Blexone

Blexone
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1757
  • 3v3: 2326

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:44 PM

Sorry, my bad then. Was under the impression that gems wouldn't work in arena from some blue post/holinka's twitter. If they work then honor neck, cloak, wrist and rings with 75 gems are tiny bit better than epics. Difference is so small though and overall gain is debatable that I wouldn't use my gold for gemming honor gear.

But it makes using 2x the same Ring possible

#10 thehipeey

thehipeey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

In my testing, only rings provide better yield with the gem, than their up-grade counter parts. Cloak, and the other items you listed don't give any benefits, even with the 75 mastery gem.

Just to edit this, it seems that the gem slot on the cloak is actually disabled. the stat change reflects this, it acts as if the gem isn't there. But this is not the case for the ring, where the gem's stats are present and reflected on my character page.

2nd edit; Scratch that, forgot to enchant the gem'ed cloak with mastery. Cloak is an up-grade, by 2 and and a bit percent to mastery, with very little loss to other stats. It's a good chance that other, low stat items that can be rolled with a gem will be BIS when gem'ed for with a 75 mastery gem.
I bite people.

#11 thehipeey

thehipeey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:27 AM

With this, and the mastery buff from another class. I can get 190% mastery with mastery weapon buff. Big Evis crit yo.
I bite people.

#12 wods1combatxd

wods1combatxd
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

I've done some tests with my Rogue, I can tell you that the versatility/mastery JC ring x2 is the best you can have. The only time this is worth it though is if you re-rolled the stats until you have more mastery than versatility on the ring. E.g (55 versa/70+ mastery) it sounds low but keep in mind you upgrade these rings as well to 725. You're just trading haste/crit for versatility, which is more worth it if you ask me. I also tried out the blue ring with a +75 mastery gem on it and a versa/mastery ring, and that combo is indeed better than the regular rings. I tryin out the belt right now (fully upgraded, stats re-rolled until the mastery is higher than the versa) and I drop 40 agility I think, and 1.4% crit of a tiiiiiiny mastery drop but 1% more versatility. Try using the wowhead item comparison tool, you can upscale the PvP item and compare it to the pve offpieces.

TL:DR, JC ring with versa/mastery> S3 epic PvP rings

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gems, Wod, Rogue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users