Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:10 PM

so i'd like to hear the oppinion of some of my fellow AJ members.

is Dark Souls actually a hard game? or is the game itself average/easy but very punishing when you make mistakes?

Posted Image

#2 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

Extremely punishing.

#3 Twaenkz

Twaenkz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2103
  • 3v3: 1860
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 February 2016 - 02:21 AM

Never played it tired because I always fucked up and died and had to re do so much shit.

So ye kind of , but its hard in a way that it feels rewarding when you put work into it and complete a part of it. Most RPG games nowadays are alot easier , and thats also a reason why dark souls is so popular

#4 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:17 AM

So I just nolifed DS about two weeks ago when I was out of work after a car crash. I can say that getting used to the controls with the keyboard setup took me a while.

The game actually felt punishing to me in a stupid way, since it felt like there was no point in doing a good part of the shit anyway. The game is almost 100% focused on the boss fights. The gear/levels and shit you get that make the game an 'rpg' feel pretty irrelevant once you reach the conclusion you actually don't need any of it to finish the games.

The meta of the entire game is being able to dodge shit so that you literally don't get hit by anything. It's definitely fun, but after a while you skip the 5-10 minutes it would take clearing everything towards a boss (only to realize that in nearly every scenario that the exp. you get from killing mobs is irrelevant, you would only farm mobs for a specific weapon etc. that is also pretty much irrelevant) and just speedrun to it if you fuck up there.

Seriously learning boss mechanics without looking up their moveset would take hours, and 90% of the time would be spent only travelling to the boss.

The game was alot of fun for the 60 hours I put in over the past 3 weeks, but in the end it just felt like a really complex platformer and not really like an rpg. Will definitely buy 3 when it comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<