Photo

How do you train yourself to see everything that's happening in arena?

awareness tunnel vision

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mosatramparen

Mosatramparen
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1337
  • 3v3: 2469

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

So far I've been using addons to help me see certain buffs and so on but I really want to learn to be calm and be aware of the situation all the time. Between seeing important buffs on the enemy frames, keeping up own buffs (haunt, snd, feint etc), watching your raid frames, being aware of DRs and interrupts, enemy cast bars... it becomes a bit overwhelming doing all of this at the same time. I know that the obvious answer would be to just play more, but I often feel after an arena match that I didn't even try to improve on these things, even if we won. I've tried changing the layout of my UI a thousand times but I haven't really felt comfortable with any of them. Now I'm just using the standard UI where frames are located in the top-left corner.

I was wondering if someone had the same problem and managed to overcome it, and in that case how did you do it?

#2 Shellytyson

Shellytyson
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 949

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:24 PM

I suggest you learn to recognize the animations of abilities and stop using the portraits. Thats something I'm personally working on because its a huge difference in gameplay. Its way more fun. Plus, you feel more interactive with the game rather than pushing buttons. Its helped me strengthen my awareness. Not sure if this is what other players do but I truly suggest you try it anyways.

Oh another thing is to tooltip macro your spammable abilities to make it easier to track your cooldowns at a glance.
Life is tough so I wear a helmet.
Posted Image

#3 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2969
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 1734
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:29 AM

additionally to what have been said,in game sound to a lot of abilities becomes your gladlossa in another way.

#4 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:10 AM

you just q shit ton of games some people like to use sound (personally i play without sound and i like to watch animations)

#5 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:58 AM

You download a shit ton of mods so it can tell you exactly what is happening.

#6 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 192

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

I only agree with what Avarice said lol, I find a plethora of Mods to be very distracting, I always used default frames, gladius and interrupt bar. Sound for me was also one of the bigger indicators of what was happening.

#7 illizit

illizit
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1475
  • 3v3: 2220
  • 5v5: 1049
  • RBG: 1795
  • LocationUnitd Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

game sounds, visible health bars, focus target. minimise adds ons which "Just look pretty" or can distract you.

Pve'd a lot this expansion and had a million add ons to help me out but when pvping I try and play with the bare minimal (think only use Bartender and BGT now)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: awareness, tunnel, vision

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<