seenism
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 574

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:52 PM

Hello people. I have recently been trying to decide on a class for me to actually play and stick with because I generally struggle finding a class and dislike always switching around to alt characters to gear them up then leave them half geared because I want to go on a different character.

The main thing that I would like from the class is some good burst then maybe some mobility or CC to back it up, but these aren't necessary. I would maybe like the class to be melee, but I am also perfectly fine with the class being ranged.

Currently I also have these characters at 100 (however I am willing to level another class if I feel like I should):
Hunter
Mage
Shaman
Druid
Rogue
Monk

So using this I was wondering if anyone could help me decide? I have not really any issues with levelling either if it is recommended I level another class. Also would be nice if the sustained damage of the class is also good.

Thanks for any help :)

#2 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:24 PM

Well, you're in the wrong section, that's for sure, but I'll answer your question nevertheless.

If you have time and friends who are willing to put up with your learning curve, go for whatever you want. In the sense, if you're looking for sustained damage, your best options are: Warlock, Warrior and current Combat Rogue.

Warlock has a long learning curve and a high skill cap, it can be frustrating to play in most comps as you are usually the train target (let's face it, most comps this season are melee cleaves).

Warrior is the easiest to play if you're not looking into dabbling too much with class mechanics for rotation. Charge > Colossus Smash > Mortal Strike (while switching to Def Stance) is pretty easy to learn. If they are training you, spam Whirlwind like there's no tomorrow. The only problem you'll have is meleeing Russians... literally.

Combat Rogue has the perks of all Rogues, namely, some cooldown and buff management, however, they have access to pretty much everything as well as providing constant damage with occasional control. Learning curve is "okayish", however, you have to be fast on fingers and usually play "reflexively".

Hope this helps.
¯\_(⌣̯̀⌣́)_/¯

#3 seenism

seenism
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 574

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

Thanks for the reply, and I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section.

I think I'll have to give a shot at warlock/warrior in particular as I haven't properly tried them at max. Combat I tried but I didn't feel I enjoyed it for whatever reason but maybe the other specs might be worth a shot. So yeah I'll possibly try out warlock/warrior to see how I feel about both and see if I can make a decision from that.

Thanks for the reply and again, sorry for posting in the wrong section. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<