Photo

Legion Alpha - Arms Artifact Weapon Released!

LOOKING GOOD!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:34 AM

Arms artifact weapon was just released and I'm pretty pumped for it. Here's the link to the wowhead:

http://legion.wowhea...ct-calc#AmRSEkA

Now, I was very skeptical because of the pruning of important abilities like Enraged Regeneration which was our only heal in WoD, Spell Reflect no longer a part of Arms/Fury. But with the artifact traits in Legion for Arms, all of that negative skepticism seems to be out the window for me now.

Our ability from the Stromkar is Corrupted Rage:

Posted Image

I can see this ability being like our replacement for Thunder Clap but also dealing a ton of shadow damage (weird), and applying CS debuff on multiple targets. I can see this being strong against grouped targets to get cleaved down by whirlwind in 3s or RBGs. I think it's pretty solid as it is also off GCD.

With our new mastery, Colossal Might, which increases our CS damage and overall damage to our targets effected by CS, the artifact talents seem to give us that hope to make sure that we have a lot consistency with our offensive pressure. My main concern was the survivability with the lack of heals. Well, for the heals, there's this:

Posted Image

So, every 5 seconds, we get to heal 30% of our max hp while in defensive stance. Pretty much a better version of a DK death strike. Also, for our burst windows, there is an artifact trait like this:

Posted Image

Battle Cry is basically the new name for our Recklessness. It last for 5 seconds, so during that window, you can pump out as much damage without worrying about starving for rage. I do like this since Battle Cry is on a 1 minute base cooldown, but it's even less with Anger Management cooldown, for every 10 rage you use, you reduce the cool down of Recklessness (Battle Cry).

The other trait I like is this one:

Posted Image

With the double MS talent, you can heal back to back while dealing damage for 30% of the MS damage you deal, twice in a row. So you can heal and stay on offense for a bit before swapping to d-stance, spamming your victory rush to stay up if you're in trouble.

And then the hard hitter artifact traits are pretty fucking nice. Especially this one:

Posted Image

If a target is low, you have a CS up, and they're in execute range, they're absolutely fucked. This shit is going to be really strong.

The others are decent/great. One dealing with cleaving and the other doing damage over 6 seconds by 50% while you pop your Battle Cry. The other artifact traits are great too and they're just a boost for quality of life. More procs, increased damage, etc.

What are your thoughts? I know it's Alpha and everything is bound to change, but this is getting me hyped.

Also, side note: in alpha, Die By The Sword seems to replace Defensive Stance, which I believe 99% is a bug. And Overpower sucks ass. It procs just as much as Sudden Death does on live, and it really doesn't hit that hard. It's fucking useless. RIP Overpower dream.

Edited by Coney, 28 January 2016 - 09:54 AM.

#2 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

Presumably they will nerf victory rush to a lesser heal, would be mad OP 30% every 5 seconds.

#3 Metaclassx

Metaclassx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1688
  • 3v3: 2242
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

In general, most classes are going the way of Diablo sorts of designs where they're intended to be super zaney powerful.

Will be interesting at the very least, doubtful it will be balanced but fun > balance tbh

#4 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

Def stance is not usable in the alpha right now but as it is listed in the data it reduces damage you take and deal by 25% atm, not sure I like it

Edited by Moshe, 29 January 2016 - 12:50 AM.

#5 jgw

jgw
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 1722
  • 3v3: 1949
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:20 PM

I got one question... Is our damage spread over time, with an AOE component? I much preferred WOTLK style damage where we could line up double overpowers rather than "MS", wait wait wait, "MS", wait wait wait, "MS".... etc......

The "MS", wait, "MS" + AOE style is responsible for our dampening comps. I'd prefer DK style damage where if a warrior is on you it's a serious problem.

#6 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

I got one question... Is our damage spread over time, with an AOE component? I much preferred WOTLK style damage where we could line up double overpowers rather than "MS", wait wait wait, "MS", wait wait wait, "MS".... etc......

The "MS", wait, "MS" + AOE style is responsible for our dampening comps. I'd prefer DK style damage where if a warrior is on you it's a serious problem.

From what I can tell, it's semi-single target and aoe components built in. The rotation for Arms is pretty damn basic from what I can tell. You charge > hamstring+colossus smash > mortal strike. From there, depending on the situation, you will either cleave+whirlwind for multiple targets slam for single target. The double mortal strike talent is pretty juicy, so you can save it up for when CS is back up, since mortal strike damage seems to be & should only be used after applying CS on a target, because of the artifact talents like, your CS makes your next MS cost reduced rage, MS having a chance to reset CS, and Shattered Defense, getting increased crit strike from Shattered Defenses.

The weapon proc from the weapon has a chance to cause your MS to do damage to all enemies 6 yards in front of you.

I don't think there's going to be any waiting like it current is. We'll have more buttons to push as Arms this time.

#7 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

I hate the 'if he's on you, you're fucked playstyle'

as when it's this scenario you have zero mobility and get kited around all day
Posted Image

#8 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:04 PM

nice :warrior:

#9 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 09 February 2016 - 12:26 PM

As expected the artifact is basicly a + damage \ healing rod.
So no improvement of utility other then the leap ability.
Legion warrior skill is proven by how high you will be up on the damage meters.
Posted Image

#10 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:10 AM

Well, that didn't take them long to gut the utility that the Artifact weapon gave(btw, the victory rush heal was healing for 15%). zzzzz
Posted Image

#11 Djord

Djord
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/2/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1618
  • 3v3: 1830
  • RBG: 1587

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

6 seconds cooldown on D-stance what is this madness?
To succeed you have to stop being ordinary and be legen -wait for it- dary

#12 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:39 AM

sounds like theyre going to have to nerf baseline arms dmg to the floor to make up for some of these artifact "talents". what the actual fuck is that 150% mortal strike one

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#13 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

sounds like theyre going to have to nerf baseline arms dmg to the floor to make up for some of these artifact "talents". what the actual fuck is that 150% mortal strike one

They've mentioned previously that artifact talents can and will be toned down in PvP.

#14 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:20 AM

Your class is built and designed with the artifact weapons. Meaning, your class will only be complete when you have the artifact weapon.

To worry about numbers and the such at the moment is pointless. As they will change over the course of the legion alpha. However, with what they are doing to the warrior class, warriors are going to have to do more damage than just about any other class in the game. As we will just be damage bots with how the current class is being designed.

But I highly doubt that any of the artifact traits that have to do with dps will be toned down in pvp. Unless there's a huge outlier that is just causing too many issues.

And they also keep finding ways to nerf warrior utility every legion alpha patch. Zzzzz
Posted Image

#15 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:17 AM

The loss of Intervene, Spell Reflection and Charge stun (unless I'm missing it since I can't for the love of me find Warbringer) hurts the spec more than anything.
Not to mention the loss of Thunder Clap or any aoe slow. And I can barely stand the mockery that's Overpower in that incarnation.

As Jalopy said, in Legion if you switch target you're a burden for the team. We're becoming a gimmick of TBC's Enha Shaman.

#16 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:16 PM

The only utility arms has left is.
Hamstring, Pummel, Zerk rage, Mortal strike effect (enhanced by talent), Group leech through comm shout (talent), group recklessness (talent), Intercept (talent), And shockwave / stormbolt which got nerfed to 20y range.

So without talents it's. Hamstring, pummel, mortal strike, zerk rage.
Posted Image

#17 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

Still though, Mortal Strike has to be used for damage, it's not a spell that can be spent on utility.
And Intercept is just something that gives Charge the Intervene effect, so yeah.

I don't really understand the cut in mobility tbh.

#18 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

The world is ending
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#19 illizit

illizit
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1475
  • 3v3: 2220
  • 5v5: 1049
  • RBG: 1795
  • LocationUnitd Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

I'll start worrying when its in Beta and all talents / specs have been basically finalised. Also, a lot changes in the first few months

#20 jgw

jgw
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 1722
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:02 AM