• Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:51 PM

Hey all, noticed Mistweavers are changing considerably come Legion, most specifically the soothing mist mechanic being entirely re-worked. Has anyone played the alpha that can shed light on how Mistweavers function in Legion? Are we going to be forced to hard-cast all of our heals?

I have a feeling that Mistweavers won't be able to heal under pressure the same (and bait kicks) as easily as they do now in WOD.

#2 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 27 January 2016 - 02:58 AM

renewing mist is now strong hot

thunder focus tea with artifact talent will give you 3 instant cast enveloping mist every 30sec
enveloping mist gives you 20% bonus to all healing / mist wrap talent gives you 20% more bonus to all healing when you have enveloping /artifact weapon can proc 20% more hot healing

one of the big talents on the artifact weapon gives you chance to proc some additional strong hot

pretty much looks like mw hots will be pretty strong and mostly instant+ healing spheres coming back it looks fine for me

mw also get strong enveloping dispel protection finally, dematerialize back + on top of the ports and rolls we can choose mistwalk or sth for more movement lol , revival is buffed with talents we still have cocoon on higher cd
doesnt look bad at all

we loose some good stuff too im mainly concerned that glyphs are removed and i dont see something that will remove dots when you para people

#3 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:37 AM

Ancient Mistweaver Arts (New) — Soothing Mist is now an active spell, and no longer is triggered through casting Effuse, Enveloping Mist or Vivify. Heals the target for [ 20 + 40% of Spell Power ] over 10 sec. While channeling, Effuse and Enveloping Mist are instant cast, and will heal the soothed target without breaking the Soothing Mist channel. Mistweaver Monk - Tier 3 PvP Talent.

Zen Focus (New) — When you use Thunder Focus Tea, you gain Zen Focus causing you to be immune to all silence and interrupt effects for 5 sec. Mistweaver Monk - Tier 3 PvP Talent.

Legion Alpha - Build 20979

#4 Frosteye

Frosteye
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:10 PM

Ancient Mistweaver Arts (New) — Soothing Mist is now an active spell, and no longer is triggered through casting Effuse, Enveloping Mist or Vivify. Heals the target for [ 20 + 40% of Spell Power ] over 10 sec. While channeling, Effuse and Enveloping Mist are instant cast, and will heal the soothed target without breaking the Soothing Mist channel. Mistweaver Monk - Tier 3 PvP Talent.

Zen Focus (New) — When you use Thunder Focus Tea, you gain Zen Focus causing you to be immune to all silence and interrupt effects for 5 sec. Mistweaver Monk - Tier 3 PvP Talent.

Legion Alpha - Build 20979

Great! Glad they're still leaving soothing mist an option. The changes actually sound pretty decent, I'm excited to see how things turn out now.

#5 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:20 PM

mw finally getting dispel protection?
that was a long due change indeed.

Posted Image

#6 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

With an option for active Soothing Mist and the playstyle revolving around it, the MW spec looks now much different and interesting - it may even turn out to be decent and fun.

#7 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:54 AM

so if you pick the pve talent that gives you 30% more healing on soothing mist+ you can cast it while moving and the statue that copy 50% of the SM healing you can pretty much pre hot and chill behind a pillar channeling safely SM. If the numbers are ~ same as wod this will be kinda broken

also Mistwalk into Leg Sweep looks like good combo, on some of the alpha videos mw were able to mistwalk on their statue too

#8 Frosteye

Frosteye
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

I was a bit worried about some of the initial stuff I heard, but after sifting through everything I'm pretty excited for these changes -- you will be able to customize your playstyle a lot more extensively than what we have now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legion, mistweaver, monk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<