Photo

Need tips on how to pool and keep rage efficiently.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:23 PM

It's been a while since I played WoW and I came back after close to a 1 year hiatus. I know that the warrior class is pretty fucking basic, but when I played, everyone was playing with bull rush, and now no one really uses it, as most warriors are using warbringer/blitz combo. So, I'm finding myself starved on rage.

I start out in combat in dstance, charge > mortal strike+hamstring > rend. I don't use colossus smash unless I'm not getting focused at that moment, so I can pump damage with my next mortal strike. But I find myself after using MS/Rend, I literally have 0 rage. Even in battle stance, it's like I have to wait a second for an auto attack to build up damage. At this point, I try to rend everything if they're in range but if they're not, it's just me sitting there, waiting for me to pool a decent amount of rage to dump into whirlwind before my next warbringer charge is up so I can follow up with a CS+MS combo.

Any tips on what I should do to have a steady amount of rage at all times? I've been watching streams like joefernandez and I'm impressed at how he can get such a large amount of rage so quickly.

#2 bkw

bkw
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2100
  • 3v3: 2152

Posted 21 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

rend+hamstring first global then ms, you should be able to do that if you are playing chargestun

#3 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:52 PM

just keep spamming hamstring, never stop, it generates rage I think :ph34r:

#4 Manakuski

Manakuski

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

If i have csmash available, i just use it and then mortal strike. Many warriors make the mistake of not using it. I mean you will rend + hamstring first global, then you colossus smash and mortal strike. You don't need to start in defensive stance if you know you're not going to be focused from the start. It depends on the comp you're facing. The key is to be in battle stance when nobody is hitting you and then swap immediatly to defensive stance, when the enemy swaps to you (or preferrably foreseeing the swap and going defstance right before they swap to you).

Also while doing dps, you can colossus smash and then immediatly use taunt to go back to d-stance and then mortal strike. Use colossus smash pretty much on cooldown (preferrably before ms) for maximum pressure, unless you want to burst with reck/avatar/bloodbath.

Always apply colossus smash first, always. Many warriors make the mistake of not doing so.

Edited by Manakuski, 23 January 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#5 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

If i have csmash available, i just use it and then mortal strike. Many warriors make the mistake of not using it. I mean you will rend + hamstring first global, then you colossus smash and mortal strike. You don't need to start in defensive stance if you know you're not going to be focused from the start. It depends on the comp you're facing. The key is to be in battle stance when nobody is hitting you and then swap immediatly to defensive stance, when the enemy swaps to you (or preferrably foreseeing the swap and going defstance right before they swap to you).

Also while doing dps, you can colossus smash and then immediatly use taunt to go back to d-stance and then mortal strike. Use colossus smash pretty much on cooldown (preferrably before ms) for maximum pressure, unless you want to burst with reck/avatar/bloodbath.

Always apply colossus smash first, always. Many warriors make the mistake of not doing so.

Good tip, I play my warrior as an alt but a few times I've found myself saving colossal smash for the perfect opportunity to burst and realised 20-30 seconds later i could of just done it and had it back off cooldown already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<