#1 hiipower

hiipower
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/2/././.

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:22 AM

i'm trying to push in arena, for about 2-3 weeks now unfortunately i have to pug finder my partners i can't even break 1900-2k im on the verge of giving up, i've played my class and even watched a ton of skillcapped vids for over a year now i can say that i know my class pretty well, im wondering how you guys got good in arena? did you just by luck find good partners or did you work hard and eventually found good partners :\ i need some inspiration

#2 Sexyo

Sexyo
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:23 AM

blazingboost.com

not that i am good or anything, its just easy way to get good

Edited by Sexyo, 20 January 2016 - 04:24 AM.

#3 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 20 January 2016 - 09:16 AM

I've found it's 100x easier to get better as a team if you are friends with your partners. It would be pretty difficult to improve your teamplay if you had to constantly deal with pugs who you only play with for one session.

Edited by Synkz, 20 January 2016 - 09:16 AM.

#4 Ashleyirl

Ashleyirl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/1/1/0/0

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:19 AM

it's honestly just a thing of playing a lot.

I like to think of wod as a script:

- the more games you play, the more you learn your class and the more you learn what your comp does/needs to do
- every comp in the game right now is really really scripted (with the exception of LSD just oneshotting etc) and almost all comps rely on either setting up to get kills (like rogue/mage/x) or stopping setups (turbo)
- the more you play the more you will learn the script (sadly) and the more you learn the script and match ups and what to do when, the 'better' you'll be at arena

game didn't used to be like this but the 'best' players in wow know the script really well even if they would like to think they don't and that's why they are the best players

obviously there is some stuff that you need to get to grips with, like basic class stuff and how to use your cooldowns efficiently, but again, that all comes with the script

so learn it and you'll be fine - sad but true

#5 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

Playing with a disc priest is pretty good for getting rating

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#6 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

To be honest I think it's more or less the following reasons for every single player:

- Learn info about all classes and specs in the game, so you know when you are in trouble and what you can do to countermeasure the situation. You also need to know the toolkit of each class so that you can know what to expect when they try to setup cc or go in for the kill.

- Find better people than you who can tell you where you are doing your mistakes and explain why.

- Search and look up for some videos of high rated players regarding your class who explain what they do and why (Mystik's War and Ret video actually helped me a lot, I feel).

- Try to play your own class and get as good as possible at it.

- Be patient with everything. Finding partners, increasing your skill, all takes time.
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#7 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:54 PM

What ashley said honestly. If you play shatter or rmd for example sometimes getting random sheeps on resto druids out of form is bad for you because either you cant follow up or you dont have damage at that time. So it will just prolong your next go because you would have to wait for DRs etc. Not saying that getting sheeps on druids out of form is necessarily always bad it can obviously be really good but you get my point.

and by random sheeps i mean not deeping them

I think wwdkhpala is not that scripted when it comes to CC, yes obviously the grip > leg sweep plays for example is very scripted but you have more options with strang, incaps, many stuns and how to use them and on what target to use them. But ye wwdk is still scripted as fuck when it comes to strategys vs each comp.

So yeah basically play a lot so that you know what to do vs X.

Edited by Fedx, 21 January 2016 - 01:58 PM.

#8 denialz

denialz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1552
  • 3v3: 96

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:42 AM

Not to put a damper on things but, the CR (rating system) system currently in place is garbage and is probably going to bar you from becoming high rated, there is zero incentive to build a team, synergize and feel out your teammates. The CR system encourages impatience, team hopping and disloyalty. I remember Season 3 I had an extremely rough start until the very end of the season when me and my partner just started "getting it" but it took MONTHS, Not hours in a 1x session. Even if you are decent/good, no higher rated player would ever look your way since he would be taking a chance on his high CR to play with you.

Edited by denialz, 24 January 2016 - 07:47 AM.

#9 Cenomi

Cenomi
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:25 PM

edited out

#10 shadore

shadore
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Malfurion
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/2/1/1
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 February 2016 - 07:31 PM

Just play alot and you will improve urself. Look what you did wrong and dont do it again i would say :P

#11 davidmartin0

davidmartin0
  • Members

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:07 AM

very good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<