• EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1385
  • 3v3: 1425
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 10 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

Hello,

I've had Wow exactly about one month now and hit level 100 just over one week ago, I'm new but not stupid enough to not learn from my mistakes and pick up on things so I've improved a lot already I'd like to say.

2's - So I'v been playing some 2's because I thought it would give me a chance to practise my macro's and everything else, which it has, however I'm at the point now where I'm just focusing on the game play and I've noticed I seem to be the target for almost every team we come against, also because of this and the fact I usually die quick, I've been opening with all my burst straight away which I don't know if that's stupid or whatnot but I don't seem to have much other choice from how I'm playing at the moment.

Now I'm only playing at 1100-1400 in 2's but I don't feel like I'm doing anything right and the Wow forums haven't helped because every reply is players saying how easy Ferals are to play :D, just a quick example I suppose, If we come up against double dps, I open with rake from stealth for 5 point SR and then shred to 5 before using burst macro (Tigers Fury and Berserk) and then Ferocious Biting, then repeating until all the Tigers Fury and Berserk have run out and usually we'll have landed a kill, I do usually bash the guy were cc'in while bursting the other as well as clone takes to long to get off, If we don't make a kill in the first 20 seconds of the game, I'm either dead instead of them or I'm very low on health, I've been popping Survival Instincts as soon as I open as well because we all seem to open on each other at once :')

Against healers, we've been cc'ing healer and opening on the dps target hoping to aventually get a good cc chain on the healer which will give us enough time to land a kill on dps but I'm yet to win a game against Holy Pally/ Disc Priest + Frost DK because they seem to live for ages + even with a bash, clone and whatever my partner has, it never seems enough. Just wanted any advice to help me improve really.

3's - I'm currently at 1400 and these are much more fun - This is really for both 2's & 3's but my survival is shocking, I've installed GladiatorLosa to try and help learn and know what abilities are being used when but I feel like I need to predict when I'm being bursted? I can't go bear form or use survival instincts while I'm in a deep or while I rogue's got me stunning, by the time I can pop them, I'm half health if not dead, I use Stampeding roar and Dash defensively but I'm always slowed, rooted, deathgripped back or something of the kind.

I have tried watching higher rated Ferals but other than one person called BannanaRacoon, I can't find anybody else that streams high arena or uploads up to date video's.

Sorry for such a long post :3

#2 Krassz1096

Krassz1096
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 1/2/2/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1538
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:59 PM

You said you pretty much open with burst out of your opener, and you didn't mention applying Rip. Make sure you always apply rip first, and always keep it up. How are you using ferocious bite too? Are you trying to pool energy into it for extra damage? Double DPS 2s are a bit of a shitfest at low MMR, but still make sure you always apply rip. Against better teams if you pop CDs in your opener you're just going to get shut down hard. This is probably why your damage is lacking. Also you said you use your wall at the start when you open, which is going to be why you're dying fast. Better players will notice that and just hold their cooldowns until after it's down and then slice you up. Especially if you're popping it with incarn off the bat, you're just going to be CC'd on all your cooldowns and killed easily.

You're running Nature's Vigil. When are you using that? In Double DPS games are you using it with your incarn?

The same thing won't always work vs every team. Try killing healers instead of DPS against some teams. In healer/dps 2s it takes a hella long time to get close to killing anything because of dampening. Eitherway, 2s is really a disgustingly bad bracket and I wouldn't get too annoyed at it.

Survivability depends on your team a lot too. If your healer isn't avoiding CC due to bad positioning and trinketing dumb stuff or you're not stopping cc chains being set up, you're going to die. The other DPS also has a job in helping you survive, be it stopping CC or peeliongThis is quite common at low MMR since people like to just tunnel out damage and do nothing else. Make sure you're not wasting your trinket too, especially against things like RMD. This all just comes with experience. WoW Arena takes a long time to get into. Although people complain about it being "easy" now, it's still really hard to get into for a new player. It's also sort of hard to "teach" someone how to play, as it comes down to having a lot of game knowledge, synergy with your teammates and mechanical skill.

A good thing to do would be to go and watch other players that aren't your class. Go watch some RMDs etc, see how they kill people. This will help you out when facing it yourself. There aren't really any feral streamers/youtubers that play high MMR arenas anymore I don't think, really.

Don't be put off by people complaining about Feral being overpowered and faceroll on the WoW PvP forums. Most people on there haven't a clue and they like to complain about nearly everything.

Edited by Krassz1096, 13 January 2016 - 09:57 PM.

#3 Sania

Sania
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/././././.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

http://www.twitch.tv/beanslayerx

Posted Image

#4 FellonyBrah

FellonyBrah
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1385
  • 3v3: 1425
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 12 January 2016 - 03:06 AM

Thanks for the decent response :) Yet to try it all out but I totally agree, I definitely to learn more about every other class and find new strategies to beat specific comps.

#5 deezedbro

deezedbro
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/1/0/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 1793

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:57 PM

can i ask what u play in 3's? and u are correct in saying that u have to predict when u are going to get bursted vs rogue/mage/x comps as every time they burst u will be stunned, same goes for vrsing hpal godcomp. That's why rotating ur teams cd's to stop their burst or stop their cc chain is key to beating the rmd overlords

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Feral, Help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<