Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 16:51. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Any tips vs disc priest in 2s?

2v2 DK

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:57 AM

Title, struggling with specifically disc rogue, disc feral and disc sv hunter. I'm playing DK + hpala and we're only at around 2.1 mmr, doing decent vs everything except discs.

Most comps we end up killing healer but vs discs they seem so tanky and play with team mates with a lot of peels so struggling to get them down.

Should we try killing partner more with CC on disc? Least that way i'd avoid reflective shield and the -30% damage reduction from hitting the disc.

(made same post in priest class discussions to see if i get any different tips there).

#2 hippocongruency

hippocongruency
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2606
  • 3v3: 2652
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:08 AM

Spec Asphyx, stun rogue on his opener and try to line hoj on Priest with Asphyx on Rogue. Keep hitting the Rogue.

You should lose but this has given me the most wins vs it

#3 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

Spec Asphyx, stun rogue on his opener and try to line hoj on Priest with Asphyx on Rogue. Keep hitting the Rogue.

You should lose but this has given me the most wins vs it

Cheers, we'll give that a try next session.

#4 Leofan

Leofan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1595
  • 3v3: 2221
  • RBG: 1933

Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:41 AM

you can try to play with talent Remorseless Winter and Strangulate like do it Cervantes

#5 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

if you go on priest you can try to w8 for him to cast 2+saving grace he will be with 30%+ reduced healing on top of dampening for 8 sec so his hp will drop for sure in this 8secs with all that -healing. Hoj/silence him when the grace stacks are about to expire /the moment when he will be out of the -healing debuff and he will bomb the big saving grace again/ this way you can maximize the pressure on him
but ye 2ble stun is the best option prolly

#6 rothschildo

rothschildo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1350
  • 3v3: 1421
  • 5v5: 955

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

ice chain with the gyph

#7 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:38 AM

you wait for Necrotic Strike to exist again, basically.

#8 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:22 PM

you wait for Necrotic Strike to exist again, basically.

And then you realise Legion will just make the game even more boring.
Posted Image

#9 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:40 AM

When I play my warrior which I think similar to dk, I just sit on the dps till the disc go out of mana, free win.
I think you could try keep attacking the dps, and take a swap on disc when hoj and silence is available.

#10 mutou

mutou
  • Members
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • US-Bonechewer
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1312

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

I'm also around 2k on my DK (MW/DK), so take this with a grain of salt. My usual strat vs disc is to take the icy touch dispel glyph/ Remorseless Winter/chillblains. I open by pre-dispelling the priest as much as possible to clear all the buffs, then when I'm ready to burst, chains, close the gap, pop remorseless winter (and grip them back into it if they get away), then pillar of frost, then strang as the stun wears off, then kick whatever they try to cast next. If they get a shield up, I dispel it. If they live, they usually use desperate prayer, so I beat on them until the debuff is down, then switch to the dps until I have cooldowns again.

Usually can't kill them in one round of this, but once dampening get up and pain suppression is down it's not too bad. Rogues are the worst though, because they can peel you like mad. Against a hunter/feral if you pop AMS during burst, they have limited ways to peel you. Usually I have my MW partner sap the dps when I switch, and possibly stun.

No idea what really high level priests do. Dispel is RNG, but even if you get a few, it's better than eating the reflect, and dispelling the shield > the damage from the obliterate you lose. I'd love to hear why this would fail on higher level priests.

I struggle most with hunter/rdruid, rogue comps, good mages, mostly.

#11 Angrypiexx

Angrypiexx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2014

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:05 AM

priest design is absolute shit and op as fuck in 2s atm. I playedo nly 2s and it's BOOOORING as fuck.

Shield --> SG --> SG

Saving grace needs to go from this game... it ruined priest completely

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2v2, DK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users