• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:59 AM

Some noob questions, I haven't seen much WW around. I watched some movies, but still couldn't understand this spec.
I heard he could do lots of damage, got good burst, good mobility, and got the MS debuff.
So why couldn't he take place of warriors in turbo?

BTW, why walking dead got a hpal be their healer? Isn't druid better?

#2 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:35 AM

i often get this question if windwalker monks are the hardest dps class to learn and I reply that necessarily it isn't the "hardest" class to learn it's just a bit different and different doesn't equal hard or easy, just different. Why is it different from other specs? 1, It uses chi. 2, chi explosion is a very weird ability that I hated at the start of WoD because I didn't like how it took all of my chi, but then throughout WoD I started to like it and got better at it. 3, You use your mobility in a way to do dmg (jump chi torpedo). 4, You don't have very high consistent dps as a Windwalker, it's obviously very high compared to some other classes after the buffs but classes like Warriors and Dks for example have higher consistent DPS but the burst that WW monks can do is insane if you learn the rotation.

And wwdk/x is better with a hpala than a rdruid because of bops, sacs and freedoms aswell as a "better bash" aka HoJ. I have played wwdkrdruid, it's still a good comp but I think that only is because wwdk is so good atm.

#3 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:05 PM

Wow, it's the most detailed answer I have ever recieved. TY for that.

#4 Milaya

Milaya
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 2127
  • 3v3: 2156
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1618

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

Can you tell my why every monk goes 2 H over 2 1H ?

Shouldnt Tiger Strikes procc the same amount no matter the weapon ? I would guess it would be normalized as for Combat Rogues Combat Potency.

The only difference i see is 55% more haste with 2H and 25% more damage with 2*1H. Wouldn 2*1H give 2 possible enchants ?

Isnt that the weapon for monks is just a stat boost ?
The Jaimex List:

1) Priest in WoD Season 2 are OP
2) Hydra is the one of the worst Priests
3) No one loses a Glad spot for Boosting
4) Ele Shamans only hit for 30k LB even though Zeepeye did 49k like 3 weeks into S2
5) Boosting is not against the ToS
6) Money from Boosts do not need to get taxed
7) Supply and demand is the reason for boosts
8) js rshamans dont heal 200k unless they get lucky, maybe 100k consistently

#5 Divinitum

Divinitum
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 2836
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:05 AM

The DPS difference between a 2h and DW is around 1%, so in the end it's a negligible difference, but players tend to min max.

I simulated this some time ago and 2h staff had the highest Tiger Strike uptime, then DW, and lowest being the polearm, despite the haste bonus.

#6 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:43 PM

i often get this question if windwalker monks are the hardest dps class to learn and I reply that necessarily it isn't the "hardest" class to learn it's just a bit different and different doesn't equal hard or easy, just different. Why is it different from other specs? 1, It uses chi. 2, chi explosion is a very weird ability that I hated at the start of WoD because I didn't like how it took all of my chi, but then throughout WoD I started to like it and got better at it. 3, You use your mobility in a way to do dmg (jump chi torpedo). 4, You don't have very high consistent dps as a Windwalker, it's obviously very high compared to some other classes after the buffs but classes like Warriors and Dks for example have higher consistent DPS but the burst that WW monks can do is insane if you learn the rotation.

And wwdk/x is better with a hpala than a rdruid because of bops, sacs and freedoms aswell as a "better bash" aka HoJ. I have played wwdkrdruid, it's still a good comp but I think that only is because wwdk is so good atm.

What is the purpose of chi explosion? running the numbers it does not seem as valuable as serenity and serenity does normally result in almost as much brew but of course thats in an ideal use situation. Is the purpose of chi explosion simply to generate additional brew because of how often a pvper can't make full use of serenity?

The DPS difference between a 2h and DW is around 1%, so in the end it's a negligible difference, but players tend to min max.

I simulated this some time ago and 2h staff had the highest Tiger Strike uptime, then DW, and lowest being the polearm, despite the haste bonus.

I ran the numbers recently and I don't remember the exact percentage but it was 2.?% So definitely between 2-3%. I say definitely but numbers were ran in simulationcraft so as accurate as simulationcraft is.

#7 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:08 PM

What is the purpose of chi explosion? running the numbers it does not seem as valuable as serenity and serenity does normally result in almost as much brew but of course thats in an ideal use situation. Is the purpose of chi explosion simply to generate additional brew because of how often a pvper can't make full use of serenity?

A good monk can keep 7+ stacks up 24/7 with chi ex because of how much brew chi ex generates which results in a lot of dmg increase. It's also nice to use for range and it does more dmg than blackout kick im pretty sure.

#8 Tapion

Tapion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

It's also nice to use for range

It's also nice to use for range

Posted Image
Oh my god I can't believe I never noticed it has a 30yd range and I tested it on 2 different days lol.

#9 rothschildo

rothschildo
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1350
  • 3v3: 1421
  • 5v5: 955

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:23 PM

i think the heal pala is better