• Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 2/0/2/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 953
  • 3v3: 763
  • 5v5: 1798

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:39 PM

I haven't arena'd since Wrath and that was on a ret paladin. Leveled/geared my warrior alt over christmas break and I'm having a hell of a time getting a grasp on the current game. Right now I'm sitting at 1527 and not even 50/50 win rate with turbo. I'm also having a hell of a time finding anyone to play with, let alone anyone willing to coach or help out.

Armory is [email protected]

#2 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:59 PM

Hello and welcome back.

If you browse the forum, you'll find a lot of headsup and whatever about matches and stuff.
For now I'll summarize stuff for you about talents. It's a quick overview based on a year of discussions.

Tier 1, Charge talents.
Against Hunters, Juggernaut.
Against Mage comps, Double Time for uptime.
Against everything else, Warbringer.

If you face melee cleaves and need more peels, gyph for Blitz and take Shockwave, both 2s and 3s.

Tier 5, defensive row.
You'd be better off taking Safeguard against train comps and Vigilance for when you need an additional defensive. It's a great counter against Ferals since it lines up almost perfectly with their burst.

Tier 6, offensive row.
Consider taking Avatar if you need more oomph, or Bloodbath against stuff that tends to kite you to infinity and beyond such as Rogues, Hunters and Ferals.
Bladestorm is good damage, but if you are to pick Bladestorm then it's not for its damage.

Tier 7, level 100
As Arms (and Fury), Anger Management is the sole answer to all the questions. Fury has the option to go for Siegebreaker, but it's a real gimmick and you lose your Fear for it.

If you need a somewhat "easier" spec, roll with Fury for a bit. It's a little more enjoyable than Arms and gives you the opportunity to learn the flow of the game.
I'd suggest to find some inexperienced, nice people you get along with and try to learn the ropes from scratches, if they're willing.

Nice people are better than ranked people with the attitude of a spoiled yogurt, and learning is a fun progress in itself when it's done with a nice group.

If you have any further question, ask away.

#3 qtboixoxo

qtboixoxo
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1550
  • 3v3: 1889

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:08 PM

dont bother. wod pvp fucking blows

#4 Moshe

Moshe
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Vashj
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2094
  • 3v3: 1331
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:20 PM

Very helpful post, thank you for sharing

#5 Alidia

Alidia
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 863
  • 3v3: 1989
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:26 AM

So stop going to wow pvp forums if pvp is so fucking bad then you idiot.

#6 Abomb247

Abomb247

Posted 30 December 2015 - 01:14 AM

Be patient. The game has changed a lot since WotLK. Some things are more simple and with gear scaling now Damage is very High and you can get into some unforgiving situations where someone on your team is Globaled and you are left scratching your head.

I recommend

First- Have fun
Second- Participation is down so you must be patient
Third- Find an active PvP guild. You are likely to do skirms/bgs and get into Arena that way with Guildy. At least get practice.

#7 Shoopuf

Shoopuf
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 2/0/2/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 953
  • 3v3: 763
  • 5v5: 1798

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:27 AM

My multi-glad roommate has been healing for me, but he freely admits he has no idea how to warrior. And he hates healing in WoD.

#8 Jaytron

Jaytron
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1636
  • 3v3: 1829
  • 5v5: 1051

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:49 PM

Hello and welcome back.

If you browse the forum, you'll find a lot of headsup and whatever about matches and stuff.
For now I'll summarize stuff for you about talents. It's a quick overview based on a year of discussions.

Tier 1, Charge talents.
Against Hunters, Juggernaut.
Against Mage comps, Double Time for uptime.
Against everything else, Warbringer.

If you face melee cleaves and need more peels, gyph for Blitz and take Shockwave, both 2s and 3s.

Tier 5, defensive row.
You'd be better off taking Safeguard against train comps and Vigilance for when you need an additional defensive. It's a great counter against Ferals since it lines up almost perfectly with their burst.

Tier 6, offensive row.
Consider taking Avatar if you need more oomph, or Bloodbath against stuff that tends to kite you to infinity and beyond such as Rogues, Hunters and Ferals.
Bladestorm is good damage, but if you are to pick Bladestorm then it's not for its damage.

Tier 7, level 100
As Arms (and Fury), Anger Management is the sole answer to all the questions. Fury has the option to go for Siegebreaker, but it's a real gimmick and you lose your Fear for it.

If you need a somewhat "easier" spec, roll with Fury for a bit. It's a little more enjoyable than Arms and gives you the opportunity to learn the flow of the game.
I'd suggest to find some inexperienced, nice people you get along with and try to learn the ropes from scratches, if they're willing.

Nice people are better than ranked people with the attitude of a spoiled yogurt, and learning is a fun progress in itself when it's done with a nice group.

If you have any further question, ask away.

Is Slam something I should be taking in 2's w/ a Druid vs Shaman teams for totem killing? Or should the druid be doing that?

#9 belquin

belquin
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1445
  • 3v3: 2121
  • Locationaustralia

Posted 08 January 2016 - 12:53 AM

You can hamstring totems out instantly for low rage

#10 civelli

civelli
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:21 AM

dont bother with wod garbage

and download your 3.3.5 client now and start playing on Lordaeron

http://warmane.com/

#11 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:36 AM

I highly recomend you just stop now, do something else other then pvp and just wait for legion

A significant amount of the playerbase has quit in the last couple of months and the current meta is one of the most toxic piles of shit they've ever released
Posted Image

#12 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

Dudes. I know wod blows. But serious this guy isn't asking if he should play or not. He's asking for tips.
Those tips might all sound useless to the more experienced. But beginners might want to know.

Ye ye. I know the biggest tip is not to play at all. But be realistic.

Some tips:
.Don't underestimate defensive stance. Use it whenever you are taking damage or expect damage to happen soon.
.Don't go overboard with spamming whirlwind. When you do you might lack the rage to use mortal strike on cooldown.
.Keep sweeping strikes up. If anything is nearby and you don't have to worry to break cc just use it on cooldown.
.Same counts for rend. Apply it on as much targets as possible. Try to refresh it when there are 5- seconds left. (easy tip. When the debuff icon has 25% left its pretty safe to do so.)

General tips:
.Pop offensive cooldowns when the enemy healer is cced or can't react to your damage (positioning, interrupts, busy healing another target.)
.A good way to do so is to chain cc properly either shockwave, stormbolt or your fear are a good way to start one off. Both shockwave and stormbolt are good to stop the enemy cc chains aswell.
.Wod pvp relies entirely on cooldowns. Any cooldown that is atleast 30 sec+ is to initiate or counter a cooldown of your enemy. Enemy pops offensive, you pop defensive.

Added enough for my taste. Some of it might sound like useless shit. But atleast it's something.
Posted Image

#13 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:33 PM

People in general got A LOT better at the game since wrath, im pretty sure 90% of the population used to click in wotlk, or atleast some abilities. I know a few wrath r1's who clicked everything so...

make sure u have arena123 macros and focus 123 macros mostly...

just dont click its far to slow

If youre at 1500 its cause you click I can assure you, I can play with literally 1 ability at 1500 and still win - I won as resto in enhance gear with only windshear (unable to stormstrike or lava lash) at 1800 in 2s, and im shit

#14 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

I highly recomend you just stop now, do something else other then pvp and just wait for legion

What's going to happen in Legion? Will WoW become good?
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#15 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:56 AM

What's going to happen in Legion? Will WoW become good?

People will play again to try it out, and you'll get more diversity
Posted Image

#16 ZoltonTMS

ZoltonTMS
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1873
  • 3v3: 2539
  • 5v5: 1056

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

A significant amount of the playerbase has quit in the last couple of months and the current meta is one of the most toxic piles of shit they've ever released

#TRUTH
Eu Regionals , Swaglords going ham .

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<