#1 Thrillar

Thrillar
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 25 December 2015 - 08:31 PM

Hey guys, my buddy and I finally landed on what classes we wanted to play in this new season. Not intending to play classes that works in comps, but just what we wanted to play that was fun to us and figure out what we would do for pvp after. I landed on my old DK main and he landed on Mage.

Awhile back I heard that Mage dk was decent in 2s but I don't know if that was from the glory days when unholy was strong or if it was 2h frost with sindragosa. I would assume now that it would be awkward with the amount of cleave that frost presently does and necrotic is not able to be controlled and would constantly break sheeps. He swears up and down that it is a good comp presently but I'm not so sure. Does anyone have any insight as to how this comp has to be played in order to do well or does it not work well anymore? Thanks in advance!

#2 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 26 December 2015 - 03:13 AM

Would not work well. In theory the raw damage output and mage cc is amazing but they just don't synergy well together.

#3 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 29 December 2015 - 11:02 PM

Would not work well. In theory the raw damage output and mage cc is amazing but they just don't synergy well together.

DK/Mage/Priest used to be really good back in S11. I'm pretty sure the main reason we don't see anyone play it nowadays is because why would you when every other popular melee would be a better pick in every situation?
Posted Image

#4 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 December 2015 - 02:27 AM

Too much Aoe from DW DK via necrotic and howling is probably the main reason too. I played a bit of it in WoD s1 as 2h frost with breath and it worked ok but was meh even then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<