• Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1622

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:05 PM

Holy Nova seems to have an incredibly low chance to proc surge of light.

bigmoran | bobrosslol | skill-capped

#2 Seductions

Seductions
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1415
  • 3v3: 2491
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

Never forget, I am the fastest man alive.
My name is Zoom and I am the fastest man alive. When I was a child, I started the impossible by playing world of warcraft in secret from my parents. Then an accident made me into the possible. To the outside world, I am just a priest, but secretly I use my speed to win arenas. I am Zoom.

#3 Tailax

Tailax
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2155

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

Says on the spell Holy Nova only hit 5 ppl

But it deffenently says that it will hit all nearby enemy targets, still have to do it twice to kill hunter-snakes though

#4 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:22 PM

it used to have a pretty high chance to proc it, noticed its way less recently whilst killing snakes

#5 Freshqtz

Freshqtz

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:53 AM

To be fair though holy nova has no cd so if it procced surge of light like divine star does it would be pretty ridiculous in some situations.

#6 latturalol

latturalol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1427
  • 3v3: 2948
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1558

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:22 AM

forget that i still wanna know why holy heals for nothing like actually nothing lol

c19aae50fb.png

#7 Tailax

Tailax
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2155

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:50 AM

it used to be 15% prock chance from mop cus shields didnt give Surge of Light proc, plus u had to glyph Holy Nova.. obviusly it was too OP when Holy Nova got baselined and it was a 15% proc chance, thats why they nerfed it to 8%, it only heals up to 5 tagets.. thats why it procs less than the Divine Star witch heals everything it hits, its not very difficult math

#8 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:26 PM

To be honest I think there is another bug here which no one seems to have noticed I think (or could it be that it is intended?).

If a DK steals your 2-second Disc Silence with Dark Sim and launches it back at you, it counts as a full 5 second one as if it was copied from a Shadow Priest. It happened to me the other day (while of course there were no Spriests on enemy team).

If I recall correctly this happened during Wild season, but could anyone check this and confirm?
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

#9 Hydroxide

Hydroxide
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:02 PM

To be honest I think there is another bug here which no one seems to have noticed I think (or could it be that it is intended?).

If a DK steals your 2-second Disc Silence with Dark Sim and launches it back at you, it counts as a full 5 second one as if it was copied from a Shadow Priest. It happened to me the other day (while of course there were no Spriests on enemy team).

If I recall correctly this happened during Wild season, but could anyone check this and confirm?

I can confirm this has happened to me Aswell but in the current season. It's annoying as fuck.

#10 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:53 PM

Surge of light proc only with, if i read the tooltip, with "healing spell and smite". Maybe Holy Nova, with its damage component, is not considered as a "healing spell" but an offensive spell, like holy fire.

I don't think it's a "bug", because Dark Sim copy the baseline spell, without any spec, glyph or perks. If a Dk copy a BoP, the BoP will put a 1-min forbearance on the target, instead of the 30s from the regular holy and ret spec.
Posted Image

#11 Seductions

Seductions
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1415
  • 3v3: 2491
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:55 PM

Surge of light proc only with, if i read the tooltip, with "healing spell and smite". Maybe Holy Nova, with its damage component, is not considered as a "healing spell" but an offensive spell, like holy fire.

Except u failed to notice where it DOES infact proc surge of light. Holy nova does proc it, the proc rate is broken when it heals everyone else.
My name is Zoom and I am the fastest man alive. When I was a child, I started the impossible by playing world of warcraft in secret from my parents. Then an accident made me into the possible. To the outside world, I am just a priest, but secretly I use my speed to win arenas. I am Zoom.

#12 Sexyo

Sexyo
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:59 PM

following the flood. how on earth did dk steal off-gcd spell? or if u were trained, why on earth would u try to silence purge? can't reproduce.

but holy nova is shit anyways cant even kill snakes with a single hit, better use sear, also u might get kicked since #kickbots

#13 cippi

cippi
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 1964
  • RBG: 959

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:10 PM

also u might get kicked since #kickbots

What i know, any decent kbot do not kick on shadow cast if u re in heal spec
Posted Image

#14 Sexyo

Sexyo
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:12 PM

What i know, any decent kbot do not kick on shadow cast if u re in heal spec

dont know, got kicked quite a lot by dks and warriors (cuz thats mostly who use it)

#15 Hollowinside

Hollowinside
  • LocationZanarkand

Posted 25 December 2015 - 11:50 AM

following the flood. how on earth did dk steal off-gcd spell? or if u were trained, why on earth would u try to silence purge? can't reproduce.

but holy nova is shit anyways cant even kill snakes with a single hit, better use sear, also u might get kicked since #kickbots

...because he apparently predicted I was running for the silence? Or got lucky with his Sim? Honestly, what can I tell you? xD Then again, what does it matter though? It's just something I noticed and wrote it here to inform the others who didn't know this could happen.
Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<