Photo

Been gone Since early Cata, havent played arena seriously since wotlk, need a little help.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Motivation

Motivation
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 480
  • RBG: 576

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:48 AM

Im looking for any advice for warlock arena, regardless of skill level. Im talking the old, spin in circles to avoid gouge shit.

Anything new to this game since cata/mists/wod, that a junkie would offer is appreciated.

ALSO is staff really better than 1h/oh?? Ive never used a staff and hate them, why do all the top locks use them.

PS how the fuck do I find teammates that are on my skill level, so far people think I bought my account(not having played with them) because all of my achievements are from 2008-2010... its not like I can re-earn them every year....

other than that, see yall at the top, its only a matter of time before I get back to atleast duelist level lol, people seem worse than ever.

#2 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:56 AM

You arent going to like these answers.

Anything new to this game since cata/mists/wod, that a junkie would offer is appreciated:
It is a completely different game, any type of playstyle or arena strategies you remember might as well be thrown out the door unless you played tsg on an alt or something because that's basically what it feels like.

ALSO is staff really better than 1h/oh?? Ive never used a staff and hate them, why do all the top locks use them:
I think the stats are almost the same if not the same people just get staff for xmog

PS how the fuck do I find teammates that are on my skill level, so far people think I bought my account(not having played with them) because all of my achievements are from 2008-2010... its not like I can re-earn them every year:
You find teams through the group finder and you just want to play with honestly anyone if you are just coming back. I know you want to get back into arena and play with skilled players like you use to but if you have been out of the game for awhile you need to just play in the rat leagues for a bit so you can get better yourself and just keep getting your cr up and go back to the finder to find other people at your current cr.
For example, you hit 1700 in your first session then the next day just look for a 1700 team and try to climb to 1900, then find another team thats 1900 and try to climb with them, or stick to the same people it doesnt matter. Just keep doing that until you think you found a good group and try to que with them all the time and hope they dont bounce to find a different team because chances are they will. OR you could do what everyone else is doing and buy a glad title because apparently thats a popular thing now. /s

All in all, the way this game works now is that your skill level really isnt as important as it use to be. Back in the day you could carry a team by your skill alone to high rating but now its all about who has the best comps, the best scripts, and the best comps. Really all in all just find out what the best comp is for your class and just play that comp until you find people who at least know the basics and go from there.

and when looking for people on the finder dont just look for people saying EX GLAD XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX TIMES because people actually do buy their accounts or boosts and even then glad titles dont mean shit recently. I have a "recent" glad title and also 2700 in the first season and let me tell you, you dont want me on your team im fucking awful.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#3 Cocoapuffs

Cocoapuffs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 960
  • 3v3: 2368
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:19 AM

Im looking for any advice for warlock arena, regardless of skill level. Im talking the old, spin in circles to avoid gouge shit.

Anything new to this game since cata/mists/wod, that a junkie would offer is appreciated.

ALSO is staff really better than 1h/oh?? Ive never used a staff and hate them, why do all the top locks use them.

PS how the fuck do I find teammates that are on my skill level, so far people think I bought my account(not having played with them) because all of my achievements are from 2008-2010... its not like I can re-earn them every year....

other than that, see yall at the top, its only a matter of time before I get back to atleast duelist level lol, people seem worse than ever.

Staff has slightly better stats but most people just use 1h/ oh for transmog. Only advice I can give would be learning to manage your Soulburn Haunt and keep it up as much as possible and Fear is pretty much useless unless you have too since it just breaks pretty much instantly anyway. Be careful of your positioning and mindful of where your port is at all times. Other than that assuming you play AFF most comps you play you just PvE the entire team so just learn to keep dots up on everything.

Prioritize Agony for your dots.

#4 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:26 AM

turn back you could continue living without ever having faced wod turbo or ww dk

Edited by Knaittiz, 23 December 2015 - 07:27 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#5 Metaclassx

Metaclassx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1688
  • 3v3: 2242
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:37 AM

turn back you could continue living without ever having faced wod turbo or ww dk

retweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<